Massive 8.9 earthquake & tsunami hit Japan

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

[quote="ReiTheJelly"]I heard from my friends in Japan earlier this morning. They live in Tokyo and are all fine, but transportation there is still a nightmare. With many of the subway lines still closed, people are being forced into the bus system. Weyrlady said the wait in line for a bus was about 3-5 hours! 8O

Another friend of mine received this e-mail from Amazon Japan this morning:
ã
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

The Japanese news-wires are now predicting the death toll to reach in the mid-thousands whereas earlier in the morning they were stating the low hundreds!! Some of the footage now coming out is terrifying.
The Japanese Government has acted swiftly though, calling up emergency services & procedures, trying to reach anyone who may be stranded, injured and help get vital infrastructure back up & running.
One has to wonder what is happening in the Pacific region; severe flooding in Queensland state, the Christchurch earthquake in New Zealand and now the earthquakes/aftershocks and tsunami in Japan.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

My prayers are with the people of Japan.
Another thing they have to worrry about are the Nuclear power plants. They have 55 in Japan!! 11 went offline yesterday, 5 reactors are in danger and one is critical. I heard that its one of the worst nuclear disasters of all time. 8O
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Honestly, I am so utterly shocked and horrified, I do not even know what to say at this point. I heard another 6.6 magnitude earthquake hit yesterday on land.
Serendipity_Collections
Shinigami - Moderator
Shinigami - Moderator

Post by Serendipity_Collections »

I too have a friend in Japan and she is still scared from what happened. They are much further out as she lives in Handa-city in Aichiken. She was still so scared she said she couldn't sleep last night at all. My heart goes out to all overseas both affected and not from this horrible event.
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

I took a moment this morning to rummage through a few forums/news services to see who in this Industry is confirmed safe. It's so scary, it makes me feel sick to my stomach. Esp. when I saw seiyuu Yuki Hiro was on a 'missing list' 8O (all the rest of the Weiss boys are safe! The VAs of Schwarz are as well, except Nakao Ryuusei!! :l ). My other fan girl favourite Seiyuu Unit from the same era, E.M.U also checked in except Daisuke Sakaguchi, and I saw no word on one of my absolute favourites, Tobita Nobuo, or one of my new favourites Masasaki Kawanabe. :O

Keeping everyone in my thoughts. Please be safe!
Last edited by BeautifulAlone on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

I keep checking the news for any updates, it's just so horrific,
I just cant imagine...
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

Belldandy16 wrote:My prayers are with the people of Japan.
Another thing they have to worrry about are the Nuclear power plants. They have 55 in Japan!! 11 went offline yesterday, 5 reactors are in danger and one is critical. I heard that its one of the worst nuclear disasters of all time. 8O
Saw there was an explosion at one in Fukushima and is on it's way to a meltdown... 8O
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Thankfully latest reports say that the blast, while scary, did not breach the nuclear fuel compartment, and that the plant is not in danger of meltdown. It seems we dodged a bullet on that front. The human tragedy, especially along the tsunami-affected coast, is still very saddening.
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

Has anyone heard from Xeno or EoP?
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

iwakuralain16 wrote:Has anyone heard from Xeno or EoP?
Or Midori?
Nene

Post by Nene »

I emailed Xeno already, no word yet. Will keep everyone posted but if someone hears anything before me, please say. :(
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

cutiebunny wrote:
Or Midori?
Midori's webpage is intact, and it appears she has posted very recent updates about the situation there
kageneko
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kageneko »

Any one Hear from Rekka~Alexiel. I know she was teaching English in Nagoya and does travel about. I have seen nothing on DA or Facebook on her. Can't remember her name here but she is Heather L. in real life.
Most Bishies are eyecandy therefore they must all be attractive for the females. One Problem though Can we have MORE LEGAL eyecandy??
Pervs in training like the new material
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

teggacat wrote:
cutiebunny wrote:
Or Midori?
Midori's webpage is intact, and it appears she has posted very recent updates about the situation there
Can you pm me the link? I forgot to save the new one when she posted it.

Thanks Nene! I hve not been to my laptop and have not been able to email him.