USPS Fail

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
kamidake
Kishin - Fierce God

USPS Fail

Post by kamidake »

They obviously cannot read the GIGANTIC "Do not bend" and the "Fragile" sticker. But more I think they just don't care. *shakes fist*
"If ifs and buts are clusters and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola." -- Stephen Colbert
http://ix.rubberslug.com/
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

Been there, done that. It especially hurts when it's a wishlist cel that has no hopes of ever finding anything close to it again.

Open the package at the post office, in front of an agent. That will make claiming damages easier.

Hopefully the cel made it through without too much damage...

- Karen
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I can tell you, from experience, that putting 'fragile' on anything is like a kiss of death. Never, EVER, put 'Fragile' on anything that will head through the post office or airport. Baggage handlers (and mail workers) will throw your items even harder.

Here's a nice little article about how shipping services treat your items -

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... r-packages
Jarmel
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Jarmel »

I can top that.

The box got so wet that it soaked the tube that the lithograph was in. How? How do you let something like that happen? As you can imagine I was estastic when I saw this.[/img]
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

You know, the saddest part of all is when you are actually PRESENT when the shipper treats your package like crap.

The other day, I had some VERY expensive framing material shipped to me valued about $250 in order to build a frame for one of my large Disney art pieces. The UPS guy was holding the large package over his head walking through the security door and LITERALLY slams the package onto the concrete and watches it as it flips twice onto the ground.
Me being 8 months pregnant, I could not grab the package and pull it out of his hand when I saw he was about to chuck it.

"Please be careful. There's glass in there!" I told him.

He just shrugged and then picked up the package again and shook it.
"Doesn't sound broke to me."

Then he leaves it at the bottom of the stairs and walks off leaving me to drag up a 35-40 lb package up 2 flights of stairs (I did mention I was over 8 months pregnant, right?).

It is really bad how they treat people's packages when in transit, but VERY disrespectful to the client when they do it directly in front of you.

Fortunately, the items inside were "okay", this time....
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

That's awful! I can't believe the way some postal workers handle supplies. Those are some very cringe worthy pictures!

And I've also had to deal with horrible postal service. I've actually watched my post man drive up my driveway, pull a u-turn, and TOSS the package out of the truck as he continued driving without stopping. And it wasn't even a gentle toss to the ground either (not that that would excuse him). It was one of those high in the air throws where the package spins. I was thoroughly disgusted.
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Oh, we know that seller, kamidake. We got a package from them, too:

Looks like the mailers came pre-bent. ;)
Our mailer housed a $1k hanken cel. :hurt:
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Fedex once lost a drafting table I had ordered and paid full
insurance for. They had the balls to deliver the large box
re-taped with just screws and 1 metal bracket inside
when even the label on the outside of the box said "20lbs."
I had to scream, cuss, and threaten with legal action
in order to get my money back because they didn't want to
refund me despite having paid for the insurance and
their incompetence for having lost a 20lb table.
It was a nightmare.. to this day I avoid Fedex like
the plague and even refrain from ordering from stores
that use them exclusively for shipping.

:topic

OMG! Congrats Jeannie!!
I had no idea you were expecting!!
Wow!
:ghug: :wave: :yay
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Shampoo wrote:
OMG! Congrats Jeannie!!
I had no idea you were expecting!!
Wow!
:ghug: :wave: :yay
Thanks hun! Couple more weeks to go! :-D

For some reason, Fed Ex is a popular option to ship live fish in. My mom orders saltwater fish all the time from online companies and they all ship by FedEx Overnight. You can only imagine some of the horror stories my mom has seen. 8O

Don't they also ship other live animals with that service like dogs and cats? :O
kamidake
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kamidake »

This turned out to be quite the "show me damage!" thread. ^^;

Thank goodness the cels weren't damaged... much. They were rolled, but not creased, so I figure sitting in the cel book for a while will flatten them out nicely.

Actually while I was waiting for the guy to retrieve my package, I saw several other postal workers in the back sorting packages into bins, but they were flinging and throwing them from 10 feet away, some didn't make it into bins... *sigh*
"If ifs and buts are clusters and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola." -- Stephen Colbert
http://ix.rubberslug.com/
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

It's great to hear that your cels are okay.

I think we all have horror stories. I don't have any pictures, but in 2005 I picked up a package from the USPS. The box was crushed and about 1/4 of the top was MISSING. It had been torn completely off and was gone. The contents were clearly visible through the hole. It came from a deputy in Japan, and it seems like they packaged it well. The plastic cases protected most of the artwork. The cases had been crushed though. Fortunately, there was only one missing background and a slightly bent cel. The background was part of a set of 3, and the one I bought the set for was still there. Due to their size, they had been in a big cel bag outside the cases. The cel was inside a broken case. The cel was bent in the corner up by the numbers so it is not in a visible location.
xXElysionsPrincessXx
Anime Geek

Post by xXElysionsPrincessXx »

star-phoenix wrote:You know, the saddest part of all is when you are actually PRESENT when the shipper treats your package like crap.

The other day, I had some VERY expensive framing material shipped to me valued about $250 in order to build a frame for one of my large Disney art pieces. The UPS guy was holding the large package over his head walking through the security door and LITERALLY slams the package onto the concrete and watches it as it flips twice onto the ground.
Me being 8 months pregnant, I could not grab the package and pull it out of his hand when I saw he was about to chuck it.

"Please be careful. There's glass in there!" I told him.

He just shrugged and then picked up the package again and shook it.
"Doesn't sound broke to me."

Then he leaves it at the bottom of the stairs and walks off leaving me to drag up a 35-40 lb package up 2 flights of stairs (I did mention I was over 8 months pregnant, right?).

It is really bad how they treat people's packages when in transit, but VERY disrespectful to the client when they do it directly in front of you.

Fortunately, the items inside were "okay", this time....
First off, congrats! :D ♥

And I can relate to the in-front-of-you damage thing. I don't know if anyone on here knows what an ABJD (asian ball jointed doll) is, but they're pretty fricking expensive. They're VERY large and heavy as well. The one I recieved was 72 cm in height, making the box about 85-90 cm at least. The package weighed over 5 lbs, and I payed an arm and a leg for insurance and special packaging. The box had FRAGILE DO NOT DROP, SHAKE, OR THROW written on it on the front and back.

Usually UPS is better than USPS when in comes to handling packages. Not this guy. I'd been waiting 4 months for this doll, so when I heard the truck I literally waiting at my door with it open. The guy sees how excited I am, CHUCKS the package into my foyer (about a 2.5 foot drop), and then walks away. I pretty much stood there in shock for a minute and then frantically ripped the box open to make sure my $600 doll hadn't suffered any damages.

Postal service carriers can be so inconsiderate sometimes!! Don't they get things in the mail and appreciate the joy in recieving as much as we do? :/

I wish you luck, OP! Hopefully it doesn't happen again!
x♥ C o M e J o I n M e I n E l Y s I o N ♥x
JuniorMintKiss
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by JuniorMintKiss »

These incidents are just terrible - I can't imagine what goes through their heads when they are handling our wares like this. Thankfully, this has never happened to me; I'm good friends with a few of the postal ladies in my town - they even deliver packages at my work while I'm slinging tacos around! :D