How do you organize your CDs/DVDs/BDs?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

This question is more about the ones you burn, but if anyone wants to talk about the non-burnable kind that's fine also. I'm particularly curious about how people organize their burrned BluRays because those could have the largest number of file names on them.

There can easily be too many files on BDs to be able to write them on the disk. On the other some adhesives on labels damage disks in the long run. What is the easiest method of organizing them for long term storage? Relying on a program that may not work in 8-10 years is another risk.

What is the best method of doing all of this?
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

Best thing I did was to take my 2137 DVD anime collection and Ebay it. lol

Going all digital = more room, less hassle, and totally worth it. :love: So long as you have an HTPC anyway.
Joost
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Joost »

Store it at a central NAS with RAID 5, thats what I'm doing

:D
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

1 Terabyte of priority files digital backups, rest carefully stored in Image libraries.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

Don't need any storage really.

I subscribe to crunchyroll.com and theanimenetwork.com and stream whatever I want to watch through an HTPC to my living room.

Can do the same with netflix, hulu, any video streaming site. Saves a ton of space, a lot of money in my pocket since I don't buy DVDs anymore, and great quality. Not to mention a lot of sites "simulcast" now...so you get to see new stuff within 24 hours of it's original air date on Japanese TV.

So long as you're not a collector that needs the physical disc, it's the best option.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Nice! I wish I had that option. Must be liberating not having to deal with DVDs and the problems they have. Unfortunately I still have several hundred tapes I need to get rid of. Lol Some of them are obviously going straight to the round can. :D

Unfortunately I have a lot of other files to deal with too. There are gaming demos/promos, Gaming OPs folders, AMV folders, Gaming Videos, Live Action videos, Picture Folders, Doujin Manga Folders, etc.

I'll figure something out. My friend would only write numbers on DVDs, but he had to use a program to keep track of what was where. Who knows if the program even works now.

Thanks for your suggestions.

:topic

By the way, I thought one reason Firefox was slowing down on me was because of the number of bookmarks I had. That turned out not to be the case. I deleted and reinstalled Firefox and it's a LOT faster than it used to be. Apparently I picked up a lot of garbage over time.

So 1.57 Mb in links does not slow up startup at all! :D
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

This topic title aptly fitted in with my mass spring clean, only I was finding storage solutions for DVDs/manga/video games. :) The dust was becoming a pain to clean all the time so I decided to put everything into these boxes:

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/

Now I just have to pull a box off the shelf, dust, replace, done! :D

Oh and I still need to put all my CDs on my computer... I'll get to that eventually. ^_^;