Finally online

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Finally online

Post by Captain Haddock »

Ok so finally online after moving to London... Only took two solid months :bubbles :( BT (This will mean nothing to anyone outside the UK) really must be employing some kind of chimps because I can't think of a way in which they could feasibly offer a more almost obtuse level of service. I think they must all stand around laughing with each other at how amazing it is that even though they offer a guff service everyone still has to use them because they have a monopaly. Anyway here I am. :tongue
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Welcome Back.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Thanks JWR.
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

I have long-standing issues with BT going back many years to the early days of "limited" broadband. They were the first broadband supplier I went to and they decided to cut me off due to "idling". They failed to realise that online chat rooms don't refresh, thus appearing that I was leaving the internet on for hours without doing anything (and internet companies back then despised you for doing that lol). They even took another month's direct debit after they terminated the contract but after much complaining, we got it back. Needless to say, I haven't been back to BT since about 2000.

I was however, forced to pay them for a whole year's phone line rental when I moved house because the existing phone line had been cut and so needed reinstating (can't believe the only people who can do this are BT but hey-ho). As soon as that year was up though, I cut all ties with BT for the second time. Luckily BT don't require you to use their internet for the year so I was able to go with Sky broadband as soon as I moved in. :D

Anyhow, good to have you back on the net.
Joost
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Joost »

A shout from over the North Sea :wink:
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Thanks guys. Nene were BT loathing buddies now!