I now have a goal!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Funny you should mention that Nene I used to know a guy who went State side to start a tattoing career, but before he got his lucky break he had to do other jobs. One of which was to mop up after a peepshow... :deek
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Nene wrote:The idea is to go all the way. XD I'd hate to have that cleaning job...

Good luck with the surgery goal. 8O I'll be a cliche and say that it's what's on the inside that counts so if anyone finds your appearance a problem, they're not worth your time. :P
oh shoot...thats one amazing creation then lol and they do look pretty nice now that I think about it :P

and thanks Nene for the kind words :) but actually so far I think I'm the biggest critic of my own problems, I'm only doing this for my own personal interest :D
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

Captain, best of luck in your search & attaining your Goal. From what I hear 'nice' girls still do exist, though they are an exceptionally rare treasure to find.
It is very much a numbers game; stay true to oneself, do not ever feel dispirited & keep plugging away mate!! Hit the local clubs & pubs - always a "target-rich" environment (forgive the Top Gun pun). Just start-off a chat/conversation. Once a girl realizes you are approachable & NOT a creep, they will loosen up.
But please, this has been the most entertaining thread in a long while, so if okay - keep us posted of your latest progress.
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

That's an anecdote and a half, CH. 8O

Quacker, if guys really do go for nice girls, you've just restored some of my faith. XD
Speaking as a nice girl though, you have to watch out for those unscrupulous guys who only want to take advantage. :P

I considered joining a dating site and even made a profile but I got last minute nerves and hid it. Sometimes I'll unhide it for a day or two and then get scared and hide it again.. I wonder if anyone else does that? >.>
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Ha ha indeed it is Nene.

On your latter point though there are those awful guys who only want you because your a cyborg/playboy centrefold/anime girl. They're the worst!

FB messaged you on the other stuff!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

After watching many "Is he my baby's daddy?" shows during my lunch break at work, I give you the following quote :

"If you don't like the fish you're catching, change the bait."

If you find that the type of people you're dating have similar personality traits, it might be something to consider.

As for dating sites like eHarmony, I totally recommend them. While I did go on some of the worst dates ever through that site, I eventually did meet someone great. So, just be patient and something will come through.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I dunno. For a long time I was married to my books, and after getting my Ph.D. I went through an interesting "social reentry" period. (I've often said in retrospect that finishing a dissertation requires one to be functionally insane for a period, and some grad. students learn to like the feeling, or perhaps fear the alternative, and nurse that shapeless blob of intellectual spawn on for years, sometimes decades...) My family had pretty much written me off as unrecoverably weird, perhaps even (gasp!) gay. [Not a comment on actual gay people, just a reflection of the stereotypes of the time.]

But in my 30th year I got out more, did things I enjoyed doing, met people, invited them along to fun things, and found a kindred soul along the way. We did our 31st anniversary last year. I'd just say continue to be who you are, but reach out and include people as you go. I'll bet you'll find a cyborg along the way who will learn from your quirks and give you a few more in places where you need one or two more.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Was invited to a party where I knew nobody except the girl that invited me (and not the one I hanged there or who hanged me, anyway...).
After some beers, latin music, restaurants, and roundtrips over Europe... well, baby is now aged 2 :D
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Cutiebunny wrote
If you don't like the fish you're catching, change the bait.
The only thing I need to catch the girls I'm after Cutiebunny would be a magnet! :P

Sensei I'm hoping that now I've moved to London which has a pool of around 3.5 million women I should be able to find someone. I do want to get more involved with things, like dancing and perhaps fencing so perhaps something will shake down.
:wink:
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

Nene wrote: I considered joining a dating site and even made a profile but I got last minute nerves and hid it. Sometimes I'll unhide it for a day or two and then get scared and hide it again.. I wonder if anyone else does that? >.>
Me, I did. 'Cept I hid it and never have gone back (for a few years...) 8O A friend of mine suggested I try it so I did just to see, then got a weird sense of panic and left. I also saw the price tag for only a few months membership and was like "Ddaaa~ang!" X|
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"