May 21st

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

May 21st

Post by BeautifulAlone »

Everyone ready for the Rapture? I didn't think it was so soon. Here I was all ready for December 21st 2012 (the end of the Mayan calendar) and now I have to re-adjust my Doomsday plans? :wink:
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

I'm going to start having Rapture parties considering it seems to come around every year. Might as well make it into a holiday. xP
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Gimme 5 days moar for my mother's birthday ;)
I bought her some rare Belle & Sebastian stuff from 1960s including a vinyl SP opening credits song that I'll digitalize and remaster.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
malaryush

Post by malaryush »

At least it's on a weekend.

It would be awful to have to go to work the next day and explain that the reason you're so exhausted is because you were up all night waiting for the end of the world.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Just in case you happen to disappear on that day, Can I have your cels? :dgrin
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Afraid it's just not gonna fit into my schedule. Already planned a hiking trip for the 22nd.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

BeautifulAlone wrote:Everyone ready for the Rapture? :wink:
I dunno, I don't get what the big deal is with 'The Rapture'. Are people really that excited to die? Are these peoples' lives that miserable that this is something to look forward to?

(Granted, I know this topic is in jest, but still....there's several billboards around me that say "The Rapture is coming on May 21st! The Bible promises it!".)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Still going to plant my lima beans and basil plants.
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

cutiebunny wrote:
BeautifulAlone wrote:Everyone ready for the Rapture? :wink:
I dunno, I don't get what the big deal is with 'The Rapture'. Are people really that excited to die? Are these peoples' lives that miserable that this is something to look forward to?

(Granted, I know this topic is in jest, but still....there's several billboards around me that say "The Rapture is coming on May 21st! The Bible promises it!".)
I'm not religious, nor am I well versed in theology, so I apologize if I offend anyone and I don't mean to be ignorant and say this is all a big joke. I know there are people who take this seriously, but some people are a little extreme. And so many people are talking to me about the "End of the World" right now...like I don't have enough anxiety attacks at the moment. Jeez. :x I didn't think The Rapture was that kind of scenerio, anyway...not a wipe-mankind-from-the-globe-completely kind of deal? Someone at my job even asked me the other day if I was ready for this Saturday. Me, I was all like, "What's this Saturday? I know I'm working...". Sheesh...

JWR, not sure if you mean me, but I'm fairly certain no one is coming down to take me anywhere with pearly gates... Rapture or no. X|
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

No one is really talking about it where I live. The only reason I was even aware of that is because I saw a group of picketers waving signs about it on the Washington DC Mall back around 2009 or something. Pretty much nothing about it since then. I was actually pretty surprised not to be hearing more about it with the date right around the corner. Figured everyone forgot about it or changed their minds or something.
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

Sky Rat wrote:No one is really talking about it where I live. The only reason I was even aware of that is because I saw a group of picketers waving signs about it on the Washington DC Mall back around 2009 or something. Pretty much nothing about it since then. I was actually pretty surprised not to be hearing more about it with the date right around the corner. Figured everyone forgot about it or changed their minds or something.
That's how I first knew about it, too...picketers outside a car show in Philly a few months back. Now a bunch of people are all over it.

We shall see...
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

You're not supposed to die during the Rapture. You're just...taken away. You disappear from Earth and you don't return for awhile. :)

But I'm used to these predictions for a long time. I first big one I seen directly was back in 1983 I think. A group took out a full page newspaper ad explaining their position in fine detail. Someone said they calculated the length of time for a Millennium sabbath or something like that. Six thousand years and the Millennium afterward, etc.

You can do all these calculations thinking you know what you're doing and it still doesn't come out the way you think it will. :D
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

Keropi wrote:You're not supposed to die during the Rapture. You're just...taken away. You disappear from Earth and you don't return for awhile. :)

But I'm used to these predictions for a long time. I first big one I seen directly was back in 1983 I think. A group took out a full page newspaper ad explaining their position in fine detail. Someone said they calculated the length of time for a Millennium sabbath or something like that. Six thousand years and the Millennium afterward, etc.

You can do all these calculations thinking you know what you're doing and it still doesn't come out the way you think it will. :D
That was my understanding of the Rapture...that the Believers are taken leaving the non-Believers, therefore saying this world becomes He** (which I think it is already). Not a typical "End of World" scenerio. :?

Was that the time a religious group acting more like a cult took their own lives when it didn't happen? Man... It's touching to have something to believe in, but not that much. 8O
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

BeautifulAlone wrote: therefore saying this world becomes He** (which I think it is already).
Spoken just like Ken Hidaka. ;-P
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

Sky Rat wrote:
BeautifulAlone wrote: therefore saying this world becomes He** (which I think it is already).
Spoken just like Ken Hidaka. ;-P
Really?! Ha ha...yeah, I guess so. I didn't even notice that! :D That's why he's my boy! :wink:
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"