Sometimes you just have to take a stand....

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Sometimes you just have to take a stand....

Post by blueshinma »

I know this is not really the place to vent, but I don't want the insulted party to know how much trouble I'm in over my actions this evening, so I cannot post anywhere else.

I work for a corporate chain, one that spews the customer can't be wrong and the repeat customer can NEVER be wrong. Well one of our VIP members was drunk and loud, he was on his cel phone in the dining room talking about how the two women at the table next to him were disgustingly fat. That he wasn't trim, but he made an effort and obviously the "cows" had no self control or respect, apparently he went on like this for a while. Well, the ladies are also regulars in my restaurant and I know that after a lifetime, they are both working VERY hard at becoming healthier and they both are sadly used to such behavior. He was so offensive that he reduced one woman to tears. I SNAPPED. I asked the man, whom I have also known for quite sometime, if I could buy him a drink at the bar, but his behavior was inappropriate and he needed to leave the dining room.

Oh he went BALLISTIC!! He is calling the general manager(probably at home), I very well could be suspended, even fired for this. But Damn it, I just couldn't let it pass. I've already been sat down and told that I should have offered to seat the Women at the bar, but the ASS on his cel phone should have been left to his "private" cel phone conversation. Damn it, I would do it again. :flipa < I've never had to use that smiley before.
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Re: Sometimes you just have to take a stand....

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

It's great that you stood up for them. People can be so rude, it's ridiculous. I hope you don't get suspended when that VIP was clearly in the wrong >.<
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

Well done! I applaud you....what you have done is not out of self-interest but to protect the interest (and dignity) of other customers. I hope your management can see that. Why should the two women have to move because of this jerk's action? If I were them, I would refuse and insist you ask him to shut up or move elsewhere (that is if I hadn't done so myself). So don't feel bad over this jerk...he doesn't deserve it...probably got his tuppence coming sooner than later.
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Well done !!!

It still amazes me that talking loudly on a cel phone in a public area is considered a private call.....
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Good for you! And management should see that although you may lose 1 customer, you're going to retain 2...who will then tell all their friends how awesome you are. More polite customers seems like a better way to go, than having one asshole.
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

blueshinma wrote:I know this is not really the place to vent, but I don't want the insulted party to know how much trouble I'm in over my actions this evening, so I cannot post anywhere else.

I work for a corporate chain, one that spews the customer can't be wrong and the repeat customer can NEVER be wrong. Well one of our VIP members was drunk and loud, he was on his cel phone in the dining room talking about how the two women at the table next to him were disgustingly fat. That he wasn't trim, but he made an effort and obviously the "cows" had no self control or respect, apparently he went on like this for a while. Well, the ladies are also regulars in my restaurant and I know that after a lifetime, they are both working VERY hard at becoming healthier and they both are sadly used to such behavior. He was so offensive that he reduced one woman to tears. I SNAPPED. I asked the man, whom I have also known for quite sometime, if I could buy him a drink at the bar, but his behavior was inappropriate and he needed to leave the dining room.

Oh he went BALLISTIC!! He is calling the general manager(probably at home), I very well could be suspended, even fired for this. But Damn it, I just couldn't let it pass. I've already been sat down and told that I should have offered to seat the Women at the bar, but the ASS on his cel phone should have been left to his "private" cel phone conversation. Damn it, I would do it again. :flipa < I've never had to use that smiley before.
Find VIP or teammates testimonies, and the next time this lovely alcohol fan rings to book a table in last minute, well..., restaurant is full already.
Maybe the general manager already knows about this customer's passion for alcohol more than women, that balances with an early erectile dicease, and doesn't take care about drunk people calls, even at home.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

:bounce well I'm off to work, we will see if there was a "memo" wish me luck :bounce
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

As with everyone else, I agree you did the right thing. I applaud you for using your authority to put this vile man in his place when others probably wouldn't. His behaviour is nothing short of bullying and I can't stand that kind of behaviour from people old enough to know better. Hope today goes well.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

kathpatty wrote:It still amazes me that talking loudly on a cel phone in a public area is considered a private call.....
Thank you!!! Someone else is amazed by the same thing that has always amazed me. In the vet's where I work, the building layout provides little privacy. I'm good at intentionally tuning out private conversations held in my earshot. But I've had people blah blah blah on cell phones LOUDLY and RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, then be offended if I make any comment at all because their calls are "private". WHAT? If even *I* can't tune you out and I've been practicing.............

I'm glad to hear you took a stand. Even more than annoying cell phone users, I'm tired of people who think they have some right to be flat-out RUDE around and to other people. This would would be a better place if more people gave others even a verbal smack upside the head when they did something so very out of line .... instead of kissing up to them anyway for a buck.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Drac of the Sharp Smiles wrote:
kathpatty wrote:It still amazes me that talking loudly on a cel phone in a public area is considered a private call.....
Thank you!!! Someone else is amazed by the same thing that has always amazed me.

I once told a man who was talking LOUDLY on his cell phone in a library to please go outside. His response was to tell me to "stop being sassy." O_o
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

ReiTheJelly wrote:
Drac of the Sharp Smiles wrote:
Thank you!!! Someone else is amazed by the same thing that has always amazed me.

I once told a man who was talking LOUDLY on his cell phone in a library to please go outside. His response was to tell me to "stop being sassy." O_o
I can actually beat that one..... I'm a receptionist at the vet's where I work and I was checking this guy's pet in for surgery. He had one of those earbud cell phone things on and WHILE HE WAS CHECKING IN he was ALSO talking to someone on the phone. I could NOT tell when he was talking to me and when he was talking to the person on the phone. A third the time I was saying "uh, what?" and a third the time he was saying "I wasn't talking to you". The last third of the time I managed to get the frigging dog checked in and into the hospital. As he was walking out he was saying "yeah, I'm heading out now.... I knew it would take a while to check in".(*facepalm*) Geee.... I wonder why.
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

Well, all's well......... Mostly. The offending VIP approached me today and admitted his behavior was "Out of line" (I am not the one who needed the apology BTFW). It seems that senior management chose to consider his comments on par with racial slurs and my behavior "law suit prohibitive". They stood by my actions. I'm still on double secret probation for not having called in a senior manager and taking the matter into my own hands, but I will not be officially censured and I am thankful.

Sadly he was back in the bar tonight and once again drank to excess. Tonight, he decided to yell at the son of his business associate for having a child, yet still working an hourly job. Called the kid an irresponsible loser. What an ASS. I was forced to smile and thank him for being a platinum member.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

blueshinma wrote: I was forced to smile and thank him for being a platinum member.
SIGH.

But at least upper management took your side and, although with some reservations, approved of your handling of the situation.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

blueshinma wrote:Tonight, he decided to yell at the son of his business associate for having a child, yet still working an hourly job. Called the kid an irresponsible loser. What an ASS. I was forced to smile and thank him for being a platinum member.
Because it's obviously irresponsible to WORK to MAKE MONEY to SUPPORT YOUR FAMILY..... (*rolls eyes*) At least almost anyone listening to him shouldn't have any trouble recognizing how little he is really worth.

I'm glad you were supported, even if only for show or technical reasons. To bad the guy obviously didn't mean his apology or learn anything from the lesson.
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

:hello :bow
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.