Earthquake in Virginia

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Earthquake in Virginia

Post by Killua »

I was drinking a cup of tea and my sugar bowl spilt. I'm still waiting to hear back from my insurance company. :hurt:
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I had heard about that graphic, but I had not seen it until now. :D

How about this Yahoo football player video? I thought it was pretty funny. The video is only 17 seconds long so it doesn't use up much bandwidth:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp5755
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

Like the commentary below the video says, he was already standing in an open field; the safest place he can possibly be during an earthquake.

I had to wince when I saw videos of people running outside just to stand on the sidewalk next to tall buildings; the perfect place to be hit by falling masonry, bricks, and glass. Unless they are in an old brick or masonry building, it would have been safer to stay indoors and move away from windows and heavy bookshelves/etc. Luckily it was not a large earthquake, so people were not hurt by their inappropriate reactions.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

If you were praying in the National Cathedral in DC and felt the earth tremble, and jumped up and ran outside just in time to be squished by an carved angel falling off the facade, would the insurance company rule that an Act of God? Kinda makes the Rapture look tame.

Still hauling stuff up onto plastic crates. We may get to see the eye of Hurricane Irene pass over Sunday morning, if the local authorities don't tell us to skedaddle in advance.