Let's talk J-Dramas

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Let's talk J-Dramas

Post by duotrouble »

Or any kind of Asian drama. I know that a lot of us that watch anime transition to also liking Asian dramas. I thought a thread like this might help those looking for something "good" to watch. I know I've gotten some good suggestions from former blogs of mine and have tried to help those who've pm'd me.

So . . . What are your favorites? What are you watching now?

One of my favorites is the T-drama "It Started With a Kiss" and its sequel "They Kiss Again". The anime equal is "Itazura na Kiss". I liked the T-drama so much better than the anime though. The K-drama was okay but too short in my opinion. I just finished watching the J-drama "Untouchable". It was really fun to watch. And I'm currently watching "Yasha". The last episode made me bawl my eyes out because . . . well . . . let's just say my favorite character won't be appearing in any more episode. :bawl
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Let's talk J-Dramas

Post by kathpatty »

One of my favorites is the T-drama "It Started With a Kiss" and its sequel "They Kiss Again". The anime equal is "Itazura na Kiss". I liked the T-drama so much better than the anime though.
Thanks I will try that one, like the manga and anime- but hated the Japanese version

Korean -Boys Before Flowers, was surprisingly good had to get used to the language flow. I found it just as good as the Japanese one.Had great music. Soulmate and Personal Preference- were funny

Japanese-
Absolute Boyfriend (Zettai Kareshi)-
Hana Kimi- so funny- loved Nakatsu
Hotaru no Hikari- also - very funny and cute* recommend
Nodame - of course
Kimi wa Petto- another manga - but love the actor
Proposal Daisakusen- cute drama
My Boss My Hero- cute- gangsta goes to school
Heaven's Coins- sad
Could go on but want to watch a few episodes of Ouran High
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Cool! I loved Hana Kimi and Absolute Boyfriend too. Nakatsu and Soushi were my faves respectively. :cheers

I heard someone else mention My Boss My Hero as well so I'll check that out. I haven't seen the anime Nodame yet so I should probably wait on the j-drama.

I really loved Bloody Monday. I was excited to find out it was based off a manga but I haven't been able to find it yet. :roll: I also loved Liar Game.
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Otomen is cute as well :)
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Well, kathpatty, it looks like you and I are the only ones watching dramas. :cheers

Mei-chan is really good too.
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

I love Kdramas myself! :D Though like anime, I just don't have time to devote to a series these days (and when I do it's slow going :? ), so I do prefer to watch Korean cinema. My absolute favourite drama off all time is 해신 (Hae sin) otherwise known as "Emperor of the Sea" which is a historical drama that romanticizes the life of slave Jang Bogo. Ohmigoshes, the show is beautifully epic!! It's awesome! The show also boasts an incrediable soundtrack including main character image song (breath taking ballad that makes me into a romantic -- and I am NOT! ha ha :wink: ) "Niga Nal Tona" (You're Leaving Me...) by my number one favourite K-artist Kim Beom Soo! Have a listen... http://youtu.be/X1idPwA2RIQ :love: Anyhoo...I also felt anyone who loves Fushigi Yuugi would love this show!! :)

The only modern series that comes to mind for me is Green Rose which is a Count of Monte Cristo type love story. It stars my heart throb Ko Soo (*dreamy sigh*) :love2 (OP: http://youtu.be/cjWQamhXHnc). The Philippine's actually just remade this, it was that popular. :?
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"