1/3 scale resin kit commission

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: 1/3 scale resin kit commission

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

D123 wrote:the only thing I worry about doing that is matching the paint
yeah that could be a problem actually. I had sent her two kits to repair in the past before going with her for this full commission, the return results were positive. her match skill seems to be good as I can't really tell the difference. that and maybe I'm subconsciously avoiding to notice as well lol
That’s exactly what I’ve wanted to do but the kits I want never show up and if they do I never seem to have the money at the time X| I don’t check as much as I use to either
speaking of it, I once had a proxy contacting a top notch painter in japan and due to his expensive commission fee, he offered to put the kit on YJA starting at a low price so I would have a chance to bid. although in the end it went for nearly 100k yen and I wasn't willing to pay the amount even though the finished paint job was incredible, that work was one of a kind.

although searching through YJA for kits can be a chore, buying can be even more, I have dedicated a large sum of my spending on kits in the past few years and thousands of dollars were spent on unknowingly purchased recast/bootleg kits...the results would be heavy damage/broken parts, cracks on more than one spot, paint chipping off, parts falling off/won't fit right...with only a few photos to verify the kit its really hard to tell which is bootleg and which isn't, the proxy would not be able to tell me either, so now I only buy from reputable, completed kit only seller.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:
D123 wrote:That’s exactly what I’ve wanted to do but the kits I want never show up and if they do I never seem to have the money at the time X| I don’t check as much as I use to either
speaking of it, I once had a proxy contacting a top notch painter in japan and due to his expensive commission fee, he offered to put the kit on YJA starting at a low price so I would have a chance to bid. although in the end it went for nearly 100k yen and I wasn't willing to pay the amount even though the finished paint job was incredible, that work was one of a kind.
I’m not surprised I’ve seen the 1/4 KOS-MOS painted go 100k yen + numerous times on YJ when she first came out, it sucks about kits you have to hunt them down pay hundreds to thousands on them, then spend the same amount or more to paint them and HOPE the person you send it to doesn’t steal them and does a good job painting on top of that :x . Really it would be best to learn how to paint them yourself but I have NO room/space for a workshop to even try :(
theultimatebrucelee wrote:although searching through YJA for kits can be a chore, buying can be even more, I have dedicated a large sum of my spending on kits in the past few years and thousands of dollars were spent on unknowingly purchased recast/bootleg kits...the results would be heavy damage/broken parts, cracks on more than one spot, paint chipping off, parts falling off/won't fit right...with only a few photos to verify the kit its really hard to tell which is bootleg and which isn't, the proxy would not be able to tell me either, so now I only buy from reputable, completed kit only seller.
For a painted kit? Wow.. a lot of kits are painted recasts though, you know about E right?
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

D123 wrote:I’m not surprised I’ve seen the 1/4 KOS-MOS painted go 100k yen + numerous times on YJ when she first came out, it sucks about kits you have to hunt them down pay hundreds to thousands on them, then spend the same amount or more to paint them and HOPE the person you send it to doesn’t steal them and does a good job painting on top of that :x . Really it would be best to learn how to paint them yourself but I have NO room/space for a workshop to even try
haha funny thing I've won one of those kos-mos at about 140K yen in 2009...I sold it back on YJA for 210K though. those are really pretty to look at, I took photos of it too:
http://www.figure.fm/post/en/24464/Volks+KOS-MOS.html

theultimatebrucelee wrote:For a painted kit? Wow.. a lot of kits are painted recasts though, you know about E right?

for all the damaged recasts I've gotten in the past years. I do know e2046 and hobbyfans, their style is fairly hard to miss. but most bootlegs I got are sold on YJA from some sellers with over 1000 feedbacks with almost no negative feedback. on their photos the kit would look really nice, mostly the photos are not very clear though with not much flash. another hint I learned would be if the auction starting value is 100yen or anything below the actrul kit itself's cost. some sellers are privite sellers with less feedbacks and photos of the kit would be taken from their own home or something. those made me think they're from other seriously collectors who are just trying to thin collection...but might have been that they've found out about those kits being bootleg thus dumping them out into the market again.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

D123 wrote:I’m not surprised I’ve seen the 1/4 KOS-MOS painted go 100k yen + numerous times on YJ when she first came out, it sucks about kits you have to hunt them down pay hundreds to thousands on them, then spend the same amount or more to paint them and HOPE the person you send it to doesn’t steal them and does a good job painting on top of that :x . Really it would be best to learn how to paint them yourself but I have NO room/space for a workshop to even try
haha funny thing I've won one of those kos-mos at about 140K yen in 2009...I sold it back on YJA for 210K though. those are really pretty to look at, I took photos of it too:
http://www.figure.fm/post/en/24464/Volks+KOS-MOS.html
That wasn’t a bad deal lol, pretty amazing how much you got back on selling her :o . I love that they did the breast plates right and not redo them or make nasty fake boobs like E :x
D123 wrote:For a painted kit? Wow.. a lot of kits are painted recasts though, you know about E right?
for all the damaged recasts I've gotten in the past years. I do know e2046 and hobbyfans, their style is fairly hard to miss. but most bootlegs I got are sold on YJA
I wouldn’t have really ever thought that :O
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

D123 wrote:pretty amazing how much you got back on selling her :o . I love that they did the breast plates right and not redo them or make nasty fake boobs like E
yeah, not sure who came up with that horrible mod, that was actually a turn off for some customers I think. back when it first came out I remember people were debating if they should go with E2056 or hobbyfan, since they each had positive, I rememeber quite a lot collectors complained about it, the mod was supposed to be positive fan service but they screwed up good on that.

I believe well taken photos pretty much means successful auction, thats why I borrowed equipment and spent hours to take hundreds of photos( to say I'm no expert would be flattering)..of course, those hours paid off quit well I think :D
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

D123 wrote:pretty amazing how much you got back on selling her :o . I love that they did the breast plates right and not redo them or make nasty fake boobs like E
yeah, not sure who came up with that horrible mod, that was actually a turn off for some customers I think. back when it first came out I remember people were debating if they should go with E2056 or hobbyfan, since they each had positive, I rememeber quite a lot collectors complained about it, the mod was supposed to be positive fan service but they screwed up good on that
I love those breast plates :^^: I’m not a person who likes “cast offs” at all would never buy a figure like that, but I would proudly display KOS-MOS like this. I think it was genius provocative without being tasteless and still respectful of the character, a shame neither of them caught on to it and ruined the kit :(
theultimatebrucelee wrote:I believe well taken photos pretty much means successful auction, thats why I borrowed equipment and spent hours to take hundreds of photos( to say I'm no expert would be flattering)..of course, those hours paid off quit well I think :D
Me too! :D

Sounds just like me I’m the notorious "picture taker" I take hundreds of pictures for long periods of time my family hates me :emb Your pics of her came out great looks like a pro took them :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

D123 wrote:Sounds just like me I’m the notorious "picture taker" I take hundreds of pictures for long periods of time my family hates me :emb Your pics of her came out great looks like a pro took them :D
I only take a ton of photos and spend the energy when it come to profit though, other times I settle for less. although even I can't stand really, really crappy photos so I try to delete anything came out that way...I think we all know what those looks like lol
I love those breast plates :^^: I’m not a person who likes “cast offs” at all would never buy a figure like that, but I would proudly display KOS-MOS like this. I think it was genius provocative without being tasteless and still respectful of the character, a shame neither of them caught on to it and ruined the kit :(
I appreciate cast-off, but...kos-mos of e2046 totally messed up that time around, wrong mod on wrong character. I mean, shes a battle android!! and when do we in game or in anime ever see her demonstrating skill at dressing like a human woman or even try to? except that one hidden swimsuit outfit in ep III for fan service which can never be seen during main plot CG. for that I think volks/namco should get together and sue them, for copy rights and a LOT more for screwing up the character image in fan heads for publicly expose the hidden design error on kos-mos they never shown during game or anime!!
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

D123 wrote:
I appreciate cast-off, but...kos-mos of e2046 totally messed up that time around, wrong mod on wrong character. I mean, shes a battle android!! and when do we in game or in anime ever see her demonstrating skill at dressing like a human woman or even try to? except that one hidden swimsuit outfit in ep III for fan service which can never be seen during main plot CG. for that I think volks/namco should get together and sue them, for copy rights and a LOT more for screwing up the character image in fan heads for publicly expose the hidden design error on kos-mos they never shown during game or anime!!
She also had a hidden swimsuit in epsiode II :)

I think the mod on this kit was downright disrespectful to the sculptor :( hobbyfan should be sued too they just redid the breasts and made them anatomically correct, no plates :( The good thing about E’s is that someone or yourself could repaint them :^^: but I’m not confident on E’s paint job, the pictures I’ve seen of her are very pale in comparison to hobbyfan :|
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

D123 wrote:She also had a hidden swimsuit in epsiode II :)
that's good to know, I wonder what she looked like in epII form in suit :D ep II's got a bit of loading issue so I was barely able to finsih the game for the sake of the story progress.
I think the mod on this kit was downright disrespectful to the sculptor :( hobbyfan should be sued too they just redid the breasts and made them anatomically correct, no plates :( The good thing about E’s is that someone or yourself could repaint them :^^: but I’m not confident on E’s paint job, the pictures I’ve seen of her are very pale in comparison to hobbyfan :|
yeah, shame though both companies will get away with it with large profit, I wonder why. its not like volks's not aware of the recast...are they?
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

D123 wrote:She also had a hidden swimsuit in epsiode II :)
that's good to know, I wonder what she looked like in epII form in suit :D ep II's got a bit of loading issue so I was barely able to finsih the game for the sake of the story progress.
Here’s a pic :D
sorry I couldn’t find a better one X| I like this swimsuit better then III’s less cutesy :^^:
D123 wrote:I think the mod on this kit was downright disrespectful to the sculptor :( hobbyfan should be sued too they just redid the breasts and made them anatomically correct, no plates :( The good thing about E’s is that someone or yourself could repaint them :^^: but I’m not confident on E’s paint job, the pictures I’ve seen of her are very pale in comparison to hobbyfan :|
yeah, shame though both companies will get away with it with large profit, I wonder why. its not like volks's not aware of the recast...are they?
Probably because every ones gonna do it (recast) so instead of bothering they only limit the kits, which sounds silly but I think I’ve heard this somewhere before
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

hot!! lol she looks more human in II than III for sure without those extra head pieces on both sides. although that swimsuit there is a bit too futuristic looking compared to III I think, and for some reason from this angle it even gives out this mummy look at first glance :D

eh, I don't think limiting the release of the kit is going to stop pirates, in fact I think they're the people who'll get hands on them first since their line of profit depends on it. to find out in the end though, I guess it would be best to write to volks and ask them.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:hot!! lol she looks more human in II than III for sure without those extra head pieces on both sides. although that swimsuit there is a bit too futuristic looking compared to III I think, and for some reason from this angle it even gives out this mummy look at first glance :D
Yeah :^^: they made a gashapon of it
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/3728 ... d_bose_kos_
I never liked those headpieces she wears with III’s swimsuit, it reminds me of MOMO’s in episode I :x if they didn’t add those I would have liked III’s swimsuit a little more

theultimatebrucelee wrote:eh, I don't think limiting the release of the kit is going to stop pirates, in fact I think they're the people who'll get hands on them first since their line of profit depends on it. to find out in the end though, I guess it would be best to write to volks and ask them.

Just a theory I heard with limiting :sweatdrop but they probably don’t bother because of all the lawsuits they would have to bring up in all the different countries and that would cost too much money and time and then I'm sure there are different laws too, writing would be best though :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

D123 wrote:Yeah :^^: they made a gashapon of it
I never liked those headpieces she wears with III’s swimsuit, it reminds me of MOMO’s in episode I :x if they didn’t add those I would have liked III’s swimsuit a little more
alter should've made II kos-mos with swimsuit. I think II kos-mos looks better in swimsuit but still III kos-mos looks by far the best out of all three in her normal gear. I guess bettle android theme suits kos-mos best after all like the original design concept. but like just about any popular female char they had to do something for the sake of fan service. speaking of swimsuit, after many months of anticipation and search daily, I finally won this chidori swimsuit bome version: http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u37235157 this as I know is one of the rarest bome kit aside from his ep I kos-mos which looks more lifeless than usual...next fun thing to do is select a painter for it!

but they probably don’t bother because of all the lawsuits they would have to bring up in all the different countries and that would cost too much money and time and then I'm sure there are different laws too, writing would be best though :D
I wonder if this has something to do with their culture, maybe they chose not to sue also because its company is not an aggressive bunch and they just don't want to deal with a bunch of lowlifes that'll do anything to rip profit. maybe I can test the theory out if someday I can go visit and live there for awhile :D
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

D123 wrote:Yeah :^^: they made a gashapon of it
alter should've made II kos-mos with swimsuit. I think II kos-mos looks better in swimsuit but still III kos-mos looks by far the best out of all three in her normal gear. I guess bettle android theme suits kos-mos best after all like the original design concept. but like just about any popular female char they had to do something for the sake of fan service. speaking of swimsuit, after many months of anticipation and search daily, I finally won this chidori swimsuit bome version: http://page16.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u37235157 this as I know is one of the rarest bome kit aside from his ep I kos-mos which looks more lifeless than usual...next fun thing to do is select a painter for it!
I was never a fan of II’s realistic design (totally ruined the game) but kos-mos was still beautiful none the less, her swimsuit was the best :P I think it was all in good fun with the swimsuits though even the boys had them in III (can’t remember in II though) But KOS-MOS is a battle android so it’s out of place. I agree her original theme suits her best but Kos-Mos from episode 1 will always be my favorite with III’s final version my second :D

Congrats!! She’s big too :D :D I love the 1/4 Bome KOS-MOS but I agree something was a bit off and I don’t care for alters 1/8 PVC of her either, I never felt anyone did version 1 of her right like the Volks 1/4 version 4 :( I would love to see someone do a kit bash on the Volks version 4 into a version 1! :love2 :D
D123 wrote:but they probably don’t bother because of all the lawsuits they would have to bring up in all the different countries and that would cost too much money and time and then I'm sure there are different laws too, writing would be best though :D
I wonder if this has something to do with their culture, maybe they chose not to sue also because its company is not an aggressive bunch and they just don't want to deal with a bunch of lowlifes that'll do anything to rip profit. maybe I can test the theory out if someday I can go visit and live there for awhile :D
LOL :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

D123 wrote: I agree her original theme suits her best but Kos-Mos from episode 1 will always be my favorite with III’s final version my second :D
ep2 is too realistic that's for sure. ep3 is kind of realistic design but I do like it better than that large head character design they give in ep1. although I can understand the preference of ep1 kos-mos design. I didn't like how they got rid of her stomach hatch where those anti u-do lazer beam shots out..that was really awesome. didn't they say kos-mos III is the most powerful out of all three? I can't think of any proof shown during game that can beat that lazer beam though.

I never felt anyone did version 1 of her right like the Volks 1/4 version 4 :( I would love to see someone do a kit bash on the Volks version 4 into a version 1! :love2 :D
was there any version 1 of her out there besides the scaled down bome and one from alter? the japanese exclusive ed of game came with a none scale that looks damn right awful...well, another character that chorosuke guy should make is selveria, that'd be super epic to display!! if even bome would make one I'd be happy too.