Secret Santa?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Secret Santa?

Post by cutiebunny »

Would anyone be interested in participating in a voluntary forum-wide Secret Santa game for the holidays? I think we had something like this many years ago here, but it's been a while since we ran this game here.

I was thinking that everyone who was interested would send a list of 3 things that they like and we stick to a $10 ($20?) limit.

Participants

Cutiebunny
D123
Sensei
Rosesleep
kathpatty
90skid
Last edited by cutiebunny on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: Secret Santa?

Post by D123 »

That sounds fun! :D I think you could count me in :)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I'll bite. (One Santa sleeps in a coffin in the crawlspace under our house here.)
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

sensei wrote:(One Santa sleeps in a coffin in the crawlspace under our house here.)
:rollin :rollin :rollin
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

sounds nice...how would shipping work though?
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Since the only ones who have posted on the topic thus far are US based, unless it's a heavy or bulky item, I don't think shipping would be too much. If you can, send first (or media if media based) mail and have it arrive sometime before 2012.

In the event of two people being in different countries, you could always give a gift certificate for an online retailer (or E-bay). That way, the person gets the gift and you don't have to pay for shipping.
rosesleep
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by rosesleep »

I don't mind participating :-) Sounds like fun!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Ok, I've updated the first post with those that have mentioned their interest in participating. I'll keep the participant portion open until December 1.

And, if possible, I'll try to match you to people that live in your country so that you're not spending $$$ on shipping.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Should we PM you with the three things we want? (I assume for $10 that's "You can get me a 3 karat emerald OR a slightly used Infiniti OR a set of Black Diamond Verdict skis," and not all three.)
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

put my name up!
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

List updated :)
sensei wrote:Should we PM you with the three things we want? (I assume for $10 that's "You can get me a 3 karat emerald OR a slightly used Infiniti OR a set of Black Diamond Verdict skis," and not all three.)
Why not just go for all three? Santa can do anything :)

Yeah, sending me a PM with your name and address would probably be the best way to go about it, and a list of inexpensive things you like. It also might be a good idea to mention if you have any food allergies, like to things like chocolate and peanuts.

If you're not out for spending money, you can always send a mix CD. I'm running the same thing in another forum and as lot of them are not interested in giving out their physical address, we're doing e-cards and optional MP3s.
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

Count me in for this as well! I love when sites hold events like this. :D Really brings the members together!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I still haven't received everyone's information. If you're still interested, could you please PM me with your name, address and a list of 3 things (under $10) that you'd like? Otherwise, I'll just have to keep it amongst those who have sent me their information.

Thank you!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Sorry for the delay but I've sent the emails out to everyone. Please let me know if you did not receive a secret santa.

For those of who like to get your shopping done early and/or avoid the lines at the post office, feel free to send your gift off at any time prior to the end of the year.

Thanks for participating, everyone :)
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Thanks SS
you always know what I like.

Thanks