A true story of Thanksgiving

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

A true story of Thanksgiving

Post by JWR »

Besides being a member of Beta I am also involved with another online forum involving our favorite NHL hockey team the Los Angeles Kings.

I can go on for hours as to how the players in the NHL are so much more real people than those who play other professional sports but thats another story.

This true story is one that starts in the middle of October when a family who lives in Denver Colorado that happen to be Kings fans posted some news on our forum about their second son being born almost 2 month premature and that he was fighting for his life in the Neo-natel ICU in the hospital in Denver. Their 6 year old now "big brother" asked the nurses to place his most precious item a Kings puck he had been given by a player at a game inside his incubator. Thru the forum word got back to some in the KIngs organization and later that month when the Kings stopped in Denver to play the Avalance, Bailey the King's mascot (named after Ace Bailey who died during the Sept 11 attacks) put in motion plans that are in this thread from the "Letsgokings" forum site.
http://letsgokings.com/f4/bailey_la_kin ... 20889.html

On November 22nd just in time for Thanksgiving little Blake Grice was able to come home after a month in the hospital and up to a whole 6lbs.
Pics can be seen on page 6 post #56 of that post.

What the King's organization did for a family of fans that live in another state speaks volumes. Makes me proud to be a fan of the team.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison