The Tiny Kingdom Set

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

The Tiny Kingdom Set

Post by blueshinma »

For all those who cheered me on while I waited for the Auction to end, I took pics of the Fantasia set I won. Of course now I want to start collecting the figures again :D I'm thinking I have several left to find. Yay!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thistledow ... 150480075/
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: The Tiny Kingdom Set

Post by 90sKid »

I absolutely love this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thistledow ... 8150480075

The colors are fantastic! My favorite part from Fantasia. :D
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

Thank you! Sorry the pic is a little blurry 8O I love that movie too, although I admit that part used to scare me a bit. Snickers my Mom had to take me out of the theater I was crying so hard. :bawl
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Yay! I'm so happy you got the Fantasia set. And the shelf looks great; I'm sure Robert is cursing your name, though... (it looks heavy!) :D
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

They are wonderful!! I'm so happy you won the set. They all look fantastic, although I have to admit that Sorcerer Mickey and the Dancing Brooms are my favorites. Congrats on a lovely acquisition!!
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

Congrats! Your figurines are very pretty, I can understand why you collect them. I see I have the same Rukia model as you. :^^: I also have a glass cabinet full of knick-knacks including anime models, stuffed toys and travel souvenirs. Each one has a story and looking at them always makes me smile. :)
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

Ooo! Love'em! :love: I always wished my brooms would come to life and clean my room when I was a kid :P
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

blueshinma wrote:Thank you! Sorry the pic is a little blurry 8O I love that movie too, although I admit that part used to scare me a bit. Snickers my Mom had to take me out of the theater I was crying so hard. :bawl
Haha I can see why. :) For some reason I was always excited to watch the Chernabog scene. (Ironically it was the dinosaurs in the beginning that use to scare me, not the giant black Satan who lived on the mountain and tortured souls... ^^U)
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Awesome! Chernabog is my favorite one too! :emb
90sKid wrote:(Ironically it was the dinosaurs in the beginning that use to scare me, not the giant black Satan who lived on the mountain and tortured souls... ^^U)
:rollin :rollin :rollin
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

90sKid wrote:For some reason I was always excited to watch the Chernabog scene. (Ironically it was the dinosaurs in the beginning that use to scare me, not the giant black Satan who lived on the mountain and tortured souls... ^^U)
Interestingly, I was taken to one of the theatrical re-releases in the early 1950s, and being too terrified to watch this scene is the only memory from it that stuck. Much later, I went to another re-release in the late 60s, which showed at a "head" theatre after midnight with most of the audience :hippy stoned or tripping :hippy , and I found that the first scene with the abstract version of Bach's G minor fugue was the mind-blower.

Congratulations, blueshinma, on the terrific haul. I remember seeing some of these remaindered at a discounter's outlet, and I actually ran in and got some of the "Nightmare" figures for an eBay contact who was collecting them. I remember how fragile they were: it was hard to find an Oogie-Boogie that didn't have the tip of its sheet on the top of its head broken off.

Factoid of the day: "bog" as in "Chernobog" is just the Slavic word for "God," so Chernobog = "Black God" or "God of Darkness." The same linguistic root also shows up in a variety of Germanic languages as meaning "demon" or "pixie," and so we get quite a few words in English from this old word: "bogeyman," "booger," "Puck" (or "a puckish humor") and, most interestingly, "bug" meaning pesty insect. (These were originally assumed to be witches' familiars.)
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

I love you Sensei!

I agree these are bringing me back, I think my favorite part was the pixies frosting over the forrest, but yeah The Boggy Boy was fairly traumatic. Really who else thinks that Disney was an EVIL genius, not just here but Maleficent's transformation scared the juju's out of me. PLUS I don't think I ever really did recover from watching the Yearling. :bawl Took ages before I could eat venison again......

As far as these go, I guess I'll be working on the Alice set while waiting for another Miracle to fall in my lap and I find the Sleeping Beauty one. I may need another case :puzzled