S-Class?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

S-Class?

Post by Keropi »

Does the "S" in S-Class stand for anything?

I've seen a lot of a lot of S-Class characters mentioned in anime and manga and I was wondering where they might have gotten this idea for an S-Class. In the Witch Hunter manga the S-Class is the most powerful class:

1. S-Class -- the most powerful characters
2. A-Class
3. B-Class
4. C-Class -- low level strength
5. D-Class -- clerical and administration staff

They have S-Class characters in Fairy Tail and Ratman too. I know I've seen it elsewhere too. Who else uses this S-Class designation?
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Re: S-Class?

Post by Macron one »

I think it stands for Special-Class. I'm pretty sure i've seen it referred to as such in some shooter games and racing games anyways.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah, yeah. It seems to be all over the place...that term.

"S" for Special makes sense. Thanks for that. I just never hear it explained. :)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

it seems to appear in video games a lot stands for highest level. I remember in dynasty warriors it stands for the highest rank possible for accomplish a mission and wild arms its the highest level of accessory customized possible and I think it was the highest rank for weapon in valkyrie profile. although at least one game SS stands for the highest level.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Gee, now that I think about it. Weren't those toughest Fairy Tail missions called S-Class missions?

S-Class characters can be pretty scary. They scare others just from feeling their aura from a great distance. If S-Class characters come close, their aura alone is enough to flatten ordinary people like a G-Force machine. :D