When the scanner goes bad >.<

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

When the scanner goes bad >.<

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

From the middle of last year ready for some cels for the scanning process,
the un-pleasent exotic sight watching the scan images come on the laptop 8-O
scan images sometimes come out crop, lines running along the scan image, discolouration red, green & blue.
The worst I seen from scanning is no images at all an lasted about a week to the images started appearing again.
{**Two botton cels from usagi-chan were the first images that were affected from last year scans & the top image was from today scan test run** }

now thinking what happen an where did I went wrong,
gave the laptop boot up the butt an re-checking, un-installing & re-installing software an visual checks on the scanner hardware,
de-plugging & re-plugging leads to one point the A3 scanner started to work again :-P

Around the end of last year trying make the silly scanner work again,
just completely stop scanning normal images. :bawl
(**not going to use my A4 scanner, just a pain stitching images together >.> yes I did some scanning in the past week but thats another story**)

The scanner in question is "Mustek A3 scanner 600 PRO" an I lost my receipt so no re-fund or exchange/re-placing for a new one,
been checking out troubleshoot & problem solving sites an no answers to why its is happening or how to fix it X|
An finally order a new mustek 2400 A3 scanner from the states under $300USD, not paying $600AUD in australia for one :evil2
bad scanner be going in the bin when the new comes ^3^

/?: I like to know from any other A-B members/collectors had any problem's with they scanner in a manner that the scan images didn't come out right? :messed
Attachments
SWScan00046.2.jpg
SWScan00046.2.jpg (42.13 KiB) Viewed 836 times
SWScan00277.1.jpg
SWScan00277.1.jpg (78.64 KiB) Viewed 836 times
SWScan00026.1.jpg
SWScan00026.1.jpg (80.43 KiB) Viewed 836 times
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: When the scanner goes bad >.<

Post by Keropi »

Wow, they look like some kind of Contemporary Modern Art gallery there.

Sorry to here about your scanner. I haven't had any weird scanner results. Then again I never used my scanner very much considering how long I've owned it (12 years?).
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

It is hard to tell from your post, but have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your scanner? The uniformity of the error makes it seem more like a software issue than a hardware one (but I could be wrong).
Massacrist Manslayer
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Massacrist Manslayer »

ReiTheJelly wrote: but have you tried reinstalling the drivers for your scanner?
maybe I done it over dozen times, even tried the other laptop with the same results :sweatdrop is a funny ballgame what to do
Keropi wrote:Wow, they look like some kind of Contemporary Modern Art gallery there.
Lol, never thought about that :bow
Keropi wrote:Then again I never used my scanner very much considering how long I've owned it (12 years?).
Well mine only last half a year before trouble started, should use yours :hitting:
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

If you only bought it 6 months ago, try calling or e-mailing the company. Send them some of your images and ask their techs for help.
Melle
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Melle »

Yup, just look at my Kento/Shuu YST cels. There's one in there with a yellow streak on it from an OLD scanner.

For the time being I'vebeen forced to show off my cels with pictures from my cell phone...n.n no pun intended...

Mine was heap enough back in the day to just get a new one. I don't need a new one right now, just my hard drive fixed...

I hope everything turns out alright for you with your scanner. Wht my mom told me was that the bulb in the scanner went bad...or something like that.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I only ever had a similar problem once, many years ago, with my very first canon scanner. I had the same kind of issue -- rainbow lines >_<. I believe by the time I had that problem, the scanner was several years old, and the time had come to just toss it and get a new one, which is what I did.

I believe the rainbow line issue is something with the scanner's light source. It can be caused by a power problem, or it just means the lamp needs replacing. I think most of the time, it really means its time for a new scanner :P (unless the thing is rather new & under warranty).

X|

Good luck with your new scanner! :D

I just use a standard size Canon scanner now (an 8400F, which is now discontinued). It was a $200ish model when I got it, and it is going strong even after 4 years! The only thing I ever had to replace was the AC adapter, because a power surge killed it. My husband and I have an extra one like it in reserve (I think our spare is an 8600F), for the day this one bites the bullet ^^;. I always have to stitch images together, but with the Photomerge feature in CS4 working so well, its hardly any real work at all anymore!