"Bronies"

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: "Bronies"

Post by sensei »

Academic life being anything but swift these days, I'm happy to report that the final version of the "diamond" presentation mentioned in this thread (titled "What Bronies See When They Brohoof: Queering Animation on the Dark and Evil Internet") has now been officially accepted for publication in The Journal of American Folklore. My thanks to toonybabe and all my malicious Internet friends for helping and/or encouraging this scholarly work.

In other news, "The Fairy-telling Craft of Princess Tutu: Metacommentary and the Folkloresque" is now well on its way to publication in a collection of scholarly essays on "The Folkloresque" (common ground of folklore and popular culture) to be published by Utah State University Press, hopefully in time for Christmas.
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

Those both sound interesting, I'd be interested in reading them!
sensei

Post by sensei »

I'd be happy to share a draft, with the understanding that they are written for academic audiences, and so they will be a little mystifying :shrug /hmm :shrug in places. It's just how I authenticate myself as a member of a learned society, in much the same way as a brony will use bronyspeak to show others that s/he is part of the herd.
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

sensei wrote:I'd be happy to share a draft, with the understanding that they are written for academic audiences, and so they will be a little mystifying :shrug /hmm :shrug in places. It's just how I authenticate myself as a member of a learned society, in much the same way as a brony will use bronyspeak to show others that s/he is part of the herd.
I'd be interested. I had read your paper on the cel community and found it very interesting. I'm in academics myself so jargon is never a surprising element.