Solar Eclipse May 20/Venus Transit June 5/6

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Solar Eclipse May 20/Venus Transit June 5/6

Post by Keropi »

Goldknight wrote:I used packaging tape to hold 3 pieces of welder's glass in place. The lens is so big that that was the only way. :sweatdrop It took several tries. :roll: I had to overlap the glass as well since some light would seep in and ruin the shot for my sensor. The other issue is the fact that the lens is so large that the tripod isn't able to hold it in place. I was basically doing contortions. :o I also used different shades of welder's glass. Some were green and other's more purple.
You used a DSLR? So what color did the sun look before you took out most of the color from it?
ReiTheJelly wrote:I did nothing fancy. I used a pair of these held up over the camera lens, using my hands to block out the rest of the light so I didn't fry my camera's optical sensor.

It seemed to work out okay. :)
It looks good considering you took it looking through eclipse glasses. Venus shows up pretty prominently in the shot. I wasn't expecting anything from the way how I was doing it. The good thing about digital is that you can make a lot of mistakes and yet you're not wasting film. I only wasted one set of batteries. :P

Do eclipse glasses usually make the sun look orangish yellow? I've never had any.

My spotting scope solar filter looked like this, but without the screws:

http://www.telescope.com/Accessories/Te ... 48/e/4.uts

I bought it back when they didn't have screws. I had to tape my filter onto my spotting scope to keep it from falling off. :D