Meeting your suppliers?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Meeting your suppliers?

Post by Eternal Squall »

After reading hgeek23's post Going to Japan, and getting over my initial jealousy of not being the one going, I wondered if anyone here has ever visited their deputy service? Met the faces behind our middle men, checked out the operations? Or is it a big 'no-no' and I have been blacklisted just for asking? :crossbones

Any stories regarding meeting cel dealers(brick and mortar or online) in Japan?
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: Meeting your suppliers?

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Nope, but I've met one of the YJ dealers that I often buy from. Haven't really spoken much to him directly, but he's a nice guy. Runs Anime Shop Commit in Nakano Broadway. I think I may have said that in the other thread, too... :p

I almost had the chance to meet Midori when we were both in Nagoya a couple years ago. I believe I even talked with her a bit on the phone once, too. She's very cool. Haven't had the chance to talk with her recently, though.

Oh and this is just a cool experience, but I exchanged a couple E-mails back and forth with a guy I purchased some cels from YJ. It was interesting because the initial transaction happened maybe a year ago, and I made a comment on one of his newer auctions to ID the cel (it was listed as an unknown) and he replied to thank me and also to ask if I remembered buying a couple cels from him... We wrote back and forth a couple times, detailing in what things we're both looking for and such. It was fun. Haven't heard from him recently either though lol
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Years back I did meet Heather & Laurel who run Rinkya at the first Pacific Media Expo held in Anaheim. I have also met Midori at AX.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Been vacationing in Japan with Midori in the past. We had a great time in Hokkaido together.
I have had dinner (Okonomiyaki) with Mutsuura-san from Anime Cel Box, and hung out in Kyoto
and Osaka with Nomi-san from Anime Cels World. Also met Heather from Rinkya last year at AX.
Finally, I have chatted a couple times with Tada-san from Kamiya-san/Anime Cellar.

Actually, they are all very nice people. I have some great pics of them all. Was just looking
at them the other night.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

I met the owner of Anime Chaos (sorry, I am totally blanking on his name) one time. But, the people I normally meet are the ones I purchased some of my Disney cels from. They love going out for coffee and socializing. :-)