WHY TLC (the Learn'in channel) ....WHY???

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: WHY TLC (the Learn'in channel) ....WHY???

Post by moonrabitt »

zerospace wrote:
ReiTheJelly wrote:
theultimatebrucelee wrote:making me wonder what fraction of reality are they really showing-_-"
Friends of mine were on a reality show for the DIY Network for a single episode, a few years back. Based on what they've said, only about 50% of reality tv is actually real. My friends were told by the director to re-do parts of the filming and to "please say XXXXX, instead" (to make it more exciting for the audience).

They also VERY carefully edit the footage in order to skew the perspective a certain way.
I've heard stuff like this before, so yeah... reality TV not so real, no shocker there. The closest I think I've voluntarily come to watching reality TV on my own is probably when I watched an ABC show called "I survived a Japanese Game Show" or something like that (this was a few years ago). All I gotta say is... Americans in Japan doing stupid things. No matter how real it was or not, it was damn funny.
Nope reality tv is not real, and neither are GAME SHOWS. I can tell you because I went to one (Can't say which one until it airs) but basically they have you believing that when the game show host approaches the crowd that he gets to pick who gets to go, well its a big LIE. People go through an interview and are chosen before hand (not told though until the until the host calls them up) . They also re-shoot scenes (like this one girl lost, they wanted the part when she was first called up RESHHOOOTT so she had fake being happy/.. lol
Some say that life is like a box of chocolates, I say life is like a box of cake.