Turning anime into reality

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Turning anime into reality

Post by Gonzai »

My granddaughter Kaila absolutely loves Hikaru No Go (Can't imagine where she got that from :shrug )
She loved it so much, that she wanted to learn how to play Go. Now that is what she does.
Every Wednesday, she goes and plays Go with the Quad City Go club. So, anyone else here
have something that they first saw on an anime, and decided to do in real life??

JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Turning anime into reality

Post by JWR »

About the only thing I have tried after watching animes is to research the recipes for certain dishes like currys and then make them myself.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

haha that's cool! It's interesting to see how much Japan has made an impact over the years. I remember I was pretty much the only on in my school that knew about it, back in the day. lol

The only that I could possibly relate as making anime real is working with the Keion club at my school. I've never seen the show but many of my kids have played the music in concert..as well as other anisongs. :)
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Ha! That's cute, and a neat hobby to get into I would think. I've never played Go myself.
JWR wrote:About the only thing I have tried after watching animes is to research the recipes for certain dishes like currys and then make them myself.
^This for me as well, though "technically" I did this after watching Sentai, and not anime, but it's the same concept, right? Actually, it's kinda funny, but I regularly watch my various Super Sentai series with my buddy David, adn we've made it a thing where after we finish a series, we have a party of sorts to celebrate it. We cook some food that was either eaten regularly or that was prominent in a certain episode we liked or something, and do other silly thematic things. So far we've only done the cooking twice, as we only started that aspect of it recently, but we've successfully made curry and pork-cube stew, both recipes being delicious. Good times!
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Well, just last year I joined up with several other like-minded individuals *we like to call ourselves AX*. We fight members of a rival group *they call themselves the Rosenkreuz Orden* for the survival of humanity on a daily basis. You know...."give back to the community".

Ahhhh. Good times. Good times.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
genomexec
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by genomexec »

I too learned to play Go after watching Hikaru no Go. I started to follow baseball some after enjoying the crap out of One Outs (both the anime and manga). Also I think I appreciate classical music more after Nodame Cantabile.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I joined a GO club a year ago. Love it! :jump
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug