Help name my dog!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
kamidake
Kishin - Fierce God

Help name my dog!

Post by kamidake »

I'm at my wits end, I'm so bad at naming things. >_< I don't know how many websites I've been to looking for names, I'm getting cross eyed. So I'm going to tap into the infinitely knowledge of the people form this board, hopefully somebody can come up with a witty name for my new pooch. :)

A little about my new doggie, we got him from the shelter this past weekend, he's a 3yr old husky mix. Looks primarily husky with dark gray fur on top and white belly and feet. But this tail like a little bushy, like a fox! Even with some brown fur on the fur tips, but the end of the tail is white. He also got pretty light blue eyes. Personality wise, so far he's really mellow, sleeps most of the time, loves getting belly rubs. His previous name is Bandit, so that's out. Otherwise, looking for something witty, clever, not too common (so no Spot, or Buddy). Thanks a million!
"If ifs and buts are clusters and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola." -- Stephen Colbert
http://ix.rubberslug.com/
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: Help name my dog!

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oooh, I love giving name suggestions! It'd really help if you might have a photo...? xD I'm really the time to think of many more names on sight alone. Gosh, I named my cat before even I took her home (she was a stray).

But here are some random ones...

Sly
Tuck/Tucker
Patches
Rascal

ABCs... (most of these are non-pet like names...but...)

Abel
Bennie
Carl
Doxie
Emery
Fenrir (wolf god in Norse mythology)
Gen
Henry
Isaac
Jin
Kyle
Lyle
Monie
Nash
Ollie
Pollux (Roman mythology)
Quinsy
Ranse
Shane
Tin/Tinney
Undine (typically female, though)
Vince
Warren
Xylo (Shining Force, lol) I always liked this name...
Yulie
Zack
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Are there any books or movies you like with huskies in them? You could name him after one of the dogs in those.

I'm very random with naming my own pets, so I'm probably no actual help. :D My cats are named Peat and Chalcedony. My turtles are named Minn, T.T. (The Turtle), Darwin, Picasso, Nemo, Julius, Lola, and two that I haven't named yet (they are Balkan pond turtles)
graymouser
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by graymouser »

All I can say is to not name him Lucky. Its a running joke in the veterinary field that dogs named Lucky seem to have all the bad things happen to them. Its almost like tempting fate.

Pretty blue eyes with a Husky's appearance makes me think of Blue from Wolf's Rain. Wrong sex but its a fairly sexless name.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

How exciting! I wish you tons of fun and crazy happy with your new family member! :love:
Why not go something arctic-y, like Tundra or something? But to be honest, whatever
you decide on will get replaced with a some personality [doggonality?!?] nickname,
it's happened with all my dogs, they know their whippy nicknames as well as [if not better]
than their actual name, and now back to the important stuff, Enjoy!!
:cheers
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Congratulations, Kamidake! And thank you for adopting a shelter pet. I work in an animal shelter, actually.

Anyway, for names, I like [one of] Rekka's: Fenrir. Also, there's a really cool wolf boss on the PS3 game Dark Souls named Sif. I realize yours isn't a wolf, but I like wolfy names for huskies and malamutes.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
Kata
Sakabat&#333; Sheath

Post by Kata »

Congrats on adopting your boy. How about Spike or fluffy?
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

You know, every dog I have ever had I just waited to see a certain personality
trait come out, and I ran from there.

With my old boy that I have had now for 12 years, I ended up naming him Digger,
simply because he liked to dig and bury things. Now mind you, he is a pug, and
that is a trait rarely seen in this particular breed. So, it was only fitting. ^_^

Hopefully something that is absolutely perfect for him will pop in your head.
I think you can't rush these things. You will just know when it is right. ^_^
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

Boris
Wilhelm
Sergei
kamidake
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kamidake »

I like Fluffy! But pretty sure my BF is going to veto that one. Heh.

So far, if I name base on personality, he would be Sleepy, Lazy, or Floppy. Lol!
"If ifs and buts are clusters and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola." -- Stephen Colbert
http://ix.rubberslug.com/
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

ReiTheJelly wrote:Are there any books or movies you like with huskies in them? You could name him after one of the dogs in those.

I'm very random with naming my own pets, so I'm probably no actual help. :D My cats are named Peat and Chalcedony. My turtles are named Minn, T.T. (The Turtle), Darwin, Picasso, Nemo, Julius, Lola, and two that I haven't named yet (they are Balkan pond turtles)
Most famous animated Huskie I remember would be Balto.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison