Any laptop tech savvy here?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Any laptop tech savvy here?

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:most excellent :P well doesn't that mean that in the future there'll be more anime of this genre since they like to play it safe? and I thought I heard future dairy didn't do well in Japan, must be my hallucination lol
I don't know. I didn't hear about how it did. The problem with Future Diary is that once you know the story it's hard to rewatch it...except for the psycho Yuno parts (those parts are still amusing).

I really haven't seen any psycho girls in anime for awhile. I'm probably watching the wrong anime, but it seems more like that trend has actually died down. I've only seen normal female villains lately. I haven't even seen the brainwashed type of psycho female villains. They are more prevalent in manga though so I guess the trend will continue there.
that's not good. back in the days I used to like this kind of anime and thought they were cute, but its been a few years since I watched this genre...must be because of the shaping up society done to me over time :D
So you don't like romantic comedies anymore? :D

Boy...that first "Date A Live" episode wasn't too exciting. I had completely forgotten how I disliked the beginning of the manga. I was thinking of dropping it early on. I guess my selective memory just rubbed it out of existence. I'm sill looking forward to the later parts of the anime, but I'm going to have to tone down my expectations for the anime.
its like they are trying to copy the movie industry. good news its that genre others like I do as well, bad news would be that less anime will be watched because I'd only pick maybe a few from each of the handful type...or maybe thats a good thing too lol
The trend now is adapting a lot of light novel/novel stories to anime. At least they tend to vary a little more than most manga adaptions. But they're still adapting most light novels/novels before they're completed which means they have to make up an ending for the anime or end them without conclusive endings the way a lot of older anime used to be.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:The problem with Future Diary is that once you know the story it's hard to rewatch it...except for the psycho Yuno parts (those parts are still amusing).
I read the future dairy in a time spam of around 5 years or so. so by the time the anime shown I had already forgotten most of it, except for the late part in the anime, sadly I already know what it would be like without watching the ending. damn thing even has a too be continue to it!! well, that's not to say this isn't one of my very few top favor anime of all time lol
I really haven't seen any psycho girls in anime for awhile. I'm probably watching the wrong anime, but it seems more like that trend has actually died down. I've only seen normal female villains lately. I haven't even seen the brainwashed type of psycho female villains. They are more prevalent in manga though so I guess the trend will continue there.
yeah me either, well hopefully this season would pick up some. and I hope those would do well in Japan as to not ruin the future of this type, character for the most part, but type of anime too. something about the psycho female villains making them the characters that I like to follow through to the end so any anime with them I'd finish.
So you don't like romantic comedies anymore? :D
not sure, but since I haven't seen one or heard of a great one in a few years, I think I might of grown out of them. I do miss those days where at least one superb one would show up for every season(think around 2007-2010)...my all time favors from romantic genre are still Romeo x Juliet and Clannad/Clannad after story/true tears/ef a tale. do they still make those these days?

Boy...that first "Date A Live" episode wasn't too exciting. I had completely forgotten how I disliked the beginning of the manga. I was thinking of dropping it early on. I guess my selective memory just rubbed it out of existence. I'm sill looking forward to the later parts of the anime, but I'm going to have to tone down my expectations for the anime.
wahhhhhttttt....well, that's alright since I haven't read the manga. hopefully plot is at least half entertain to my standard. I always like to wait a month or two before starting a new show and give it a head start or sometimes even let it finish, that way I can watch a bunch eps at around same time. I like it better and think of it as a better way to watch anime rather than just wait week after week. also I would get the option to skip around if I don't like a part of it.
The trend now is adapting a lot of light novel/novel stories to anime. At least they tend to vary a little more than most manga adaptions. But they're still adapting most light novels/novels before they're completed which means they have to make up an ending for the anime or end them without conclusive endings the way a lot of older anime used to be.
well I think light novel adaptions are pretty legit...I mean, isn't shin sekai yori one of them? this is like one of the few animes that still get me to the edge of my seat these days. that's also because I have no manga or novel itself to compare to. speaking of random made up ending, they are just lame period. I rather liked nabari no oh so sometimes ago after I finish watching anime and heard that ending was trash compare to manga I had to flip a few pages of the manga of the final few ch. and to my surprise what I saw blew me away, the final boss is different...Different!!! and much more badass. the characters sides seems to have switches too. and so I finally understood what people mean when they say animes are trashy compared to their VN, LN or manga counter parts. so apparent there is truth to that one lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Kamisama Dolls had a semi-yandere character in it, but that anime came out almost two years ago.
do they still make those these days?
Umm...I can't recall any to be honest. :(
well I think light novel adaptions are pretty legit...I mean, isn't shin sekai yori one of them? this is like one of the few animes that still get me to the edge of my seat these days. that's also because I have no manga or novel itself to compare to. speaking of random made up ending, they are just lame period. I rather liked nabari no oh so sometimes ago after I finish watching anime and heard that ending was trash compare to manga I had to flip a few pages of the manga of the final few ch. and to my surprise what I saw blew me away, the final boss is different...Different!!! and much more badass. the characters sides seems to have switches too. and so I finally understood what people mean when they say animes are trashy compared to their VN, LN or manga counter parts. so apparent there is truth to that one lol
Yeah, Shinsekai Yori was a novel or novels. The anime was pretty good. Even if the ending could not match the build up, it still had a twist at the end there.

Hmm...I didn't know that about Nabari no Oh. So they really changed the ending that much eh? Was the original source not finished yet when the manga ended?

It appears there are two yandere characters named Akane Hiyama. The Akane Hiyama in "Renai Boukun" manga had a nice balance between feeling dangerous and being humorous:
ImageImage

Some yanderes can be pretty funny (Iinazuke Kyoutei):

...while some are just...extremely possessive (Abnormal-kei Joshi):

Always remember to keep that smile on your face (Iinazuke Kyoutei) Lol: :D

There is actually a MALE yangire in Ore ga Doutei manga. 8O
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

yeah, Kamisama Dolls's yandere was not bad. I don't remember any noticeable yandere after that either. there was this list of anime with yanderes on a popular anime database website, made by their "yandere fan club" but I can't find the link anymore. its that one database where you type in a anime title in the search and a bunch of repeating of the same titles would come up as result...lol

I rather liked Sinsekai Yori's ending, its good. and this is certainly the best anime of the past two seasons in my opinion. you're right about it not matching up to the build up but, as awesome as this anime already is, if ending gets any better it'd be one of those super epic once in many years anime. as is though I think the creativity of plot(well its a novel) and execution is already amazing. one thing I wondered though:
what ever happened to the little demon's parents? their kid was taken so did they get killed off? wired they didn't even seem to care about where about of them even though saki seemed to care so much about their kid and giving her a chance and all that....well the other thing is, I always thought there was at least one more demon out there as a back up, I thought the one showed up at the hospital was a completely different one, but oh well I guess two would tip the balance too much lol

and yeah, spoiler of Nabari no Oh boss if you care:
the four eye ponytail, its only the rightful position for him to take anyways, what makes him more badass than making him the final boss :P and the blind lady in anime isn't blind in manga either if I recalled right

that's a lot of yanderes in manga, although I'm sure there are many more I've never even heard of. but I hope some of those do so well that they get turned into anime in the future :D anyhow I should definetely check out Renai Boukun when I get a chance, yandere+weapon gives them a chance to define themselves while just being yandere by itself doesn't say much of anything. in other words...the readers demand blood!!! :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:there was this list of anime with yanderes on a popular anime database website, made by their "yandere fan club" but I can't find the link anymore. its that one database where you type in a anime title in the search and a bunch of repeating of the same titles would come up as result...lol
If you ever find it let me know. I'd be curious to see it. Did you ever see the ending of that Gift anime?
She still had her ability to acquire something so she chose to steal all the memories from her love rival that the other girl shared with the guy they were both in love with. That was pretty crazy. The other girl was left with no past memories of her loved one, but she could still remember that she used to have those memories. It was driving her crazy.
I rather liked Sinsekai Yori's ending, its good. and this is certainly the best anime of the past two seasons in my opinion. you're right about it not matching up to the build up but, as awesome as this anime already is, if ending gets any better it'd be one of those super epic once in many years anime. as is though I think the creativity of plot(well its a novel) and execution is already amazing. one thing I wondered though:
what ever happened to the little demon's parents? their kid was taken so did they get killed off?
Shinsekai Yori (From the New World) Spoilers
Yeah, I believe her parents were both killed off. They had said earlier that they tested their D.N.A. and that it was them. So their daughter was raised to think of herself as being a part of Squealer's tribe.

I liked the ending. I was glad they didn't do a Star Trek ending where they would just say that the humans had evolved or whatever. That would have been too predictable.

There's a new Abnormal-kei Joshi manga chapter:
There aren't many harems that could go out and kill people, but this is one of them. The Type Moon harems had killers in them too. That guy looks like he's dead meat.
Boy...a lot of new anime has come out today. 8O

It looks like they are using rotoscoping on the animation of Aku no Hana. That means that the way the characters look and act is limited to how people will be able to do them in real life. I'm a bit skeptical on how well that will go. It makes the anime feels creepier and different though. It'll feel more like a colored-in live action TV series.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:If you ever find it let me know. I'd be curious to see it. Did you ever see the ending of that Gift anime?
Yeah I'll let you know when I find it...got get my computer fixed first still. Its been awhile since I have gone without personal computer for more than..say half a day, actually feels pretty refreshing lol and no, what Gift anime is that? I'd be interested to see.

Shinsekai Yori (From the New World) Spoilers
Yeah, I believe her parents were both killed off. They had said earlier that they tested their D.N.A. and that it was them.
I see, and I thought they were just saying that to fake the two's death to get them off of the hook from the village. guess I over predicted the plot lol
There's a new Abnormal-kei Joshi manga chapter:
There aren't many harems that could go out and kill people, but this is one of them. The Type Moon harems had killers in them too. That guy looks like he's dead meat.
I need to check it out but got wait to get the computer fixed first. wish my other laptop's internet is working right now...but I just don't wanna reinstall the system lol
It looks like they are using rotoscoping on the animation of Aku no Hana. That means that the way the characters look and act is limited to how people will be able to do them in real life. I'm a bit skeptical on how well that will go. It makes the anime feels creepier and different though. It'll feel more like a colored-in live action TV series.
I've not seen it but, sounds like a dumb idea.I wonder why would any studio try such a thing, whats the advantage to that?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:what Gift anime is that? I'd be interested to see.
It was this one:
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=1581

But I don't think you'd be interested in it except for the yandere part that happened in the (?)tenth or eleventh episodes. As I understand it, the anime producers turned that part yandere because they were influenced by School Days. The Shuffle anime was turned yandere too. The Gift and Shuffle games were not yandere. The girls didn't go off the deep end in the way they did in the anime.
I've not seen it but, sounds like a dumb idea.I wonder why would any studio try such a thing, whats the advantage to that?
The advantages to it is giving the anime a different feeling. The settings and character's movements are very realistic too. But I'm not drawn to anime because I want to see how real people act. The advantages of regular animation is that scenes can be animated exactly how you want them to be (within budgetary limitations). The rotoscoping ups the creepiness factor because you know that real life actors were performing what was shown on screen.

A Yandere flag!:
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:But I don't think you'd be interested in it except for the yandere part that happened in the (?)tenth or eleventh episodes. As I understand it, the anime producers turned that part yandere because they were influenced by School Days.
that was interested, although the yandere character was pretty civil, just stight up asking for the other's memory and there was no physical battle envolved :P

The rotoscoping ups the creepiness factor because you know that real life actors were performing what was shown on screen.
I see..well if realisticness is what poeple are looking for then I doubt it'd be from an anime. so that indeed sounds like a bad idea. but I should check it out before stating "facts" lol

A Yandere flag!:
lol I like this one, should prably make it my sig or something.

so some sub group finally finished hyouge mono after what seems like the time spram of one single avatar usage(two years or so)...I was gonna change mine but seeing how I liked the anime and even finding resemblance in mysel(just the expression when I find some amazing loot part) think I'll keep it for awhie longer.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So is your laptop working fine now? Did you get it all squared away?

Yeah, I'm glad they finally finished Hyouge Mono. That's one of those shows I'd like to get to someday. I've gotten a fondness for Nobunaga related stories after watching Nobunaga related anime and reading Nobunaga manga such as "Nobunaga no Chef":

http://myanimelist.net/manga/49293/Nobunaga_no_Chef

Did you seen this apparent yandere game advertisement on Crunchyroll? Check out the top video. Lol:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... lus-totono
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:So is your laptop working fine now? Did you get it all squared away?
yup, fixed by my neighbor's technician, and they even insisted to pay for it too. its truly a blessing to have such nice people living nearby.
Yeah, I'm glad they finally finished Hyouge Mono. That's one of those shows I'd like to get to someday. I've gotten a fondness for Nobunaga related stories after watching Nobunaga related anime and reading Nobunaga manga such as "Nobunaga no Chef":

http://myanimelist.net/manga/49293/Nobunaga_no_Chef
cool. I don't know anything about nobunaga except that his a demon king :P ...or at least thats what the entertainment media in recent years portrait him lol apparently though he also enjoyed fine art quite a bit from Hyouge Mono and this manga's description. and also, his only really in the show for about 1/4 way, and toyotomi took over the rest of the show.
Did you seen this apparent yandere game advertisement on Crunchyroll? Check out the top video. Lol:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... lus-totono
This summer---Two girls, One guy, and a baseball bat!??!?!?*yandere music in the background" followed by flashing by bloody static images with old school horror film effect...is what I got from the video :D they are pretty refreshing on yandere weapon though, from the traditional knife and saw to a baseball bat...next thing you know characters are getting strangled by shoelaces...yep I'd like to see that lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:yup, fixed by my neighbor's technician, and they even insisted to pay for it too. its truly a blessing to have such nice people living nearby.
That's great to hear. That was very nice of them. So you're good to go? That's good.
cool. I don't know anything about nobunaga except that his a demon king :P ...or at least thats what the entertainment media in recent years portrait him lol apparently though he also enjoyed fine art quite a bit from Hyouge Mono and this manga's description. and also, his only really in the show for about 1/4 way, and toyotomi took over the rest of the show.
Oh really? I didn't know that. I really do have to watch more of that some day.

I've been running across Nobunaga a lot the last three years. He popped up in Sengoku Basara as the over-the-top bad guy. Storm clouds with lightning would appear above his head whenever he stood on cliffs and gave speeches to his enemies. There were female Nobunagas in Sengoku Otome and in Oda Nobuna. Oda Nobuna had historical references although the events differed to varying degrees. He was in the Sengoku Strays manga and now he's in the Nobunaga no Chef manga. Those are the ones I remember. They made me interested in the historical events.
This summer---Two girls, One guy, and a baseball bat!??!?!?*yandere music in the background" followed by flashing by bloody static images with old school horror film effect...is what I got from the video :D they are pretty refreshing on yandere weapon though, from the traditional knife and saw to a baseball bat...next thing you know characters are getting strangled by shoelaces...yep I'd like to see that lol
The other girl has spooky eyes. I wonder what that's about? Then she's standing on the roof doing something too. Maybe some weird entity is responsible for some of that stuff. By the way, have you played the Saya no Uta game? I think it's on sale in English now. I read the story for that a long time ago and it's got a very eerie story to it. It was written by Gen Urobuchi. I never thought all these classic games would be up for sale in English back in 2001.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:I've been running across Nobunaga a lot the last three years. He popped up in Sengoku Basara as the over-the-top bad guy. Storm clouds with lightning would appear above his head whenever he stood on cliffs and gave speeches to his enemies. There were female Nobunagas in Sengoku Otome and in Oda Nobuna. Oda Nobuna had historical references although the events differed to varying degrees. He was in the Sengoku Strays manga and now he's in the Nobunaga no Chef manga. Those are the ones I remember. They made me interested in the historical events.
I remember Nobunaga first from reading samurai deeper kyo manga...thought he was badass self declare the sixth demon king, with even one of his more than a handful subordinate would give kyo's party much trouble. that and his the strongest opponent kyo faced outside of red king race. but yeah, he was also extremely over the top as well in sengoku basara lol
Keropi wrote:The other girl has spooky eyes. I wonder what that's about? Then she's standing on the roof doing something too. Maybe some weird entity is responsible for some of that stuff. By the way, have you played the Saya no Uta game? I think it's on sale in English now. I read the story for that a long time ago and it's got a very eerie story to it. It was written by Gen Urobuchi. I never thought all these classic games would be up for sale in English back in 2001.
Yeah. it might be interesting if there is alien involved. and no I haven't played Saya no Uta. I heard its got some freaky endings to it, like one where she turned the entire human race into her own specie or something? and yeah I saw one advertisement online saids its by the creator or fate/zero. sounds like Gen Urobuchi wrote some amazing stuff, with fate and madoka and all. So I was reading ReBirth-Lunatic taker, not sure if there's yandere to it as I just started but the expressions of the characters tells me there might be. its written by lim dall young however, the ultimate envoy of korean manhwa/manga and prodigy creator of my all time favor game. its been a loooong time since I read any manga, but for master lim I'll make exception any day lol and then if I have time to read more manga I'll go check out Renai Boukun.

So how do you tell if a character is yandere or just crazy again? I just watched this anime movie called "the boy who saw the wind", there was this character Lucia, I think she snapped under pressure and fear of being put to death and went kinda crazy, but at the beginning of movie she was shown as a kind and caring person. I wouldn't call her yandere though so I guess that's just turned crazy lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:but yeah, he was also extremely over the top as well in sengoku basara lol
I didn't watch much of Samurai Deeper Kyo, but it was hilarious in Sengoku Basara when Nou Hime pulled out that rotary machine gun or whatever the heck it was. :D
Yeah. it might be interesting if there is alien involved. and no I haven't played Saya no Uta. I heard its got some freaky endings to it, like one where she turned the entire human race into her own specie or something? and yeah I saw one advertisement online saids its by the creator or fate/zero. sounds like Gen Urobuchi wrote some amazing stuff, with fate and madoka and all.
Yeah, it's a poetically creepy story. The story and the different story endings are on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saya_no_Uta
So I was reading ReBirth-Lunatic taker, not sure if there's yandere to it as I just started but the expressions of the characters tells me there might be. its written by lim dall young
I like his stories. They have a lot of psychotic women in them. I'm not so much into the NTR stuff he does every now and then though. I suppose that he does it to tick off the reader, but I don't really care for those parts. He isn't good at ending his manwha either. A lot of them have had sudden endings with a lot of loose ends hanging. It's like he's working on too many publications at the same time and then he decides to end the one he's least interested in continuing.
So how do you tell if a character is yandere or just crazy again? I just watched this anime movie called "the boy who saw the wind", there was this character Lucia, I think she snapped under pressure and fear of being put to death and went kinda crazy, but at the beginning of movie she was shown as a kind and caring person. I wouldn't call her yandere though so I guess that's just turned crazy lol
Hmm...I just got that file. I didn't watch it though. I wanted to see it back when there were still tape fansubs around, but they were always in lousy quality.

A yandere becomes unstable, dangerous or psychotic because of love or extreme infatuation or attachment. A yangire acts similar to a yandere, but is acting that way for reasons not related to love or attachment to someone. It might be because of extreme stress. They might be possessed by evil or are filled with hatred. Perhaps they are uncontrollably bloodthirsty or have a perverted sense of justice. Maybe they are just deranged.

Personally, I find most yanderes and yangires to be fun because of their dual natures. They are on the border between having an attractive, nice personality and having a deadly one. Or they used to have an attractive personality, but later became psychotic. Maybe they are not complete psychos, but they are on their way to becoming one. Maybe they seem nice and normal to most people, but they are really not (like the "Abnormal-kei Joshi" manga). A character that is psycho all the time is no fun. Where's the fun in that? That's how most psychos are. :P

So basically a good yandere or yangire has something attractive/charismatic (or normal) about them while still maintaining a powerful or subtle dangerous and/or unbalanced aura about them.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:Yeah, it's a poetically creepy story. The story and the different story endings are on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saya_no_Uta
what a twist lol too bad I don't know the in game development but yes the endings are all pretty nicely twisted lol I mean that pretty much is what would amuse people like me nowadays, this afternoon when I tired to run a copy I found my anti virus auto deleted it lol well see if I can find one that works. which reminded me another movie I've watched recently, called Gyo, have you seen that one?
I like his stories. They have a lot of psychotic women in them. I'm not so much into the NTR stuff he does every now and then though. I suppose that he does it to tick off the reader, but I don't really care for those parts. He isn't good at ending his manwha either. A lot of them have had sudden endings with a lot of loose ends hanging. It's like he's working on too many publications at the same time and then he decides to end the one he's least interested in continuing.
yeah, I love his stories. I think the NTR stuff though is one of the things that he does to bring out more emotions to the reader like how he sometimes kill off characters, good thing or bad though I can't say. I seem to see lots of comments about rushed endings on his titles from manga forums. He does work on lots of works at same time and I think he tends to be extremely picky about people that works with him. He has co-operated with a list of artists and rarely do I see him working with any one aritsts for more than 2 titles. but that too is due to his brilliance, the man opened up his own studio company at age 22 and me and some other chinese kids at the time were very strongly influence by his PC game. There was this chinese company in beijin that recognized his genius and china-lized his game, back in 2001. I still remember 10 years ago I used to visit their old company site which was small and with very little info on his work and was only .co.kr at the time. Nowadays he expanded his work to not only japan but also outside of asia and even got his mangas turned into anime. Of course, Park Sung woo is the best partner he could ever hope for in my opinion because his art style is clean, crisp and simply elegant. he was also the original artist that did Zero circle of flow game character illustration and they did do zero beginning of the coffin together. I seem to also see a lot of korean artists try to imitate his style. can't believe he actually got somebody else to draw for him on circle of flow manga...the style is so different and does not look as good as it did in the game, such a shame.

A yandere becomes unstable, dangerous or psychotic because of love or extreme infatuation or attachment. A yangire acts similar to a yandere, but is acting that way for reasons not related to love or attachment to someone. It might be because of extreme stress. They might be possessed by evil or are filled with hatred. Perhaps they are uncontrollably bloodthirsty or have a perverted sense of justice. Maybe they are just deranged.

Personally, I find most yanderes and yangires to be fun because of their dual natures. They are on the border between having an attractive, nice personality and having a deadly one. Or they used to have an attractive personality, but later became psychotic. Maybe they are not complete psychos, but they are on their way to becoming one. Maybe they seem nice and normal to most people, but they are really not (like the "Abnormal-kei Joshi" manga). A character that is psycho all the time is no fun. Where's the fun in that? That's how most psychos are. :P

So basically a good yandere or yangire has something attractive/charismatic (or normal) about them while still maintaining a powerful or subtle dangerous and/or unbalanced aura about them.
I see, that's right. that's defined as a yangire then. so now I totally understand. Thanks for explaining that. so generally crazy for love=yendere and crazy for other reasons=yangire right?

Yuno doll lol
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/it ... 25194.html
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

np