Going to Japan Questions and Help!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Going to Japan Questions and Help!

Post by AR-99 »

I'm going in with low expectations and am ready to walk if I don't find what I'm looking for or it's too pricey.

On the plus side, this factor may help me come under budget.
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Going to Japan Questions and Help!

Post by AR-99 »

Just got back and had a bloody awesome time. However I didn't pick up any production artwork.

When I visited Nakano on October 23, Commit was temporarily closed and in the midst of some reorganization. They reopened on the 1st but I didn't end up returning to Nakano and did not pick any artwork during my visit. By the last day of my trip I had bought a lot of other things and ended up maxing the weight limit on my check in bag after shipping home 5 kg worth of books. No space in my carry on bag either. The other store in Mandarake on the same floor still has the Rei EoE cel for 20K yen.

The Ghibli Museum did not have any Princess Mononoke hand painted cels and the Porco Rosso one is when Marco meets Curtis at the Hotel Adriatic so no interest there or in any of the other ones on hand. However, the ticket to the theater in the museum I got is a 3 frame film strip from Kiki's Delivery Service and I got a set of 3 film strip bookmarks from From up on Poppy Hill. I also got the Evangelion 1.01 and 2.02 DVDs used for 500 yen each and those actually had the film strips.