Need some advice on Rubberslug problem.. ><

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Need some advice on Rubberslug problem.. ><

Post by Hakiri »

Hi guys! ^^

It's been absolutely AGES since I've been here! I'm so happy to see so many familiar names again and see how much A-B has grown!! ^__^ you guys are tooo awesome! I can't wait to get to know everyone, old and new!

Anyway, it's because I've spent so long away from the world of animation art, I got myself into a bit of a problem ><

When I first opened a rubberslug account, I thought to make a new email address as well, so i could handle all my animation art queries and feedback/questions in one email account and not clutter my primary-use account.

Welllll, since I didn't have any need to access that particular email address during my break from collecting, it was kind of just left there.. gathering all manner of internet dust. But because of this... my yahoo account was deactivated through disuse ><
THEN comes this problem. I was an idiot and forgot my Rubberslug password T__T and... well... you can probs see it coming guys, I went to the Lost my Password, and got an email sent to the email address I registered with to change the password to a new one.. but... I can't access the email account ToT

It's all my fault to be honest xD but because of that, I don't know what to do.

I'm thinking to just start a new account on RS because it seems like there's no real way I can get into my account without that address.
However, because all my stuff is still up on my original collection site, should I email RS to see if I can deactivate that account somehow so it doesn't look like I'm someone pretending to have the same stuff I do? (if I were to start a new account) But, I don't really know how to prove that I'm me, to be able to deactivate that account. @@ (sorry I'm explaining this pretty badly)
So I'm a bit stuck.

Anybody know how to solve this riddle of a badly-explained problem? ><
I'd be grateful for any help and advice ^^
(But tbh, it's really my fault for getting stuck in this in the first place XD loolll. I just don't want to be breaking any RS rules by starting a new account with the same material on it >__<"")

Thanks a bunch for reading!! ^^/

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Need some advice on Rubberslug problem.. ><

Post by JWR »

Hi Hikari long time no talkto.

easiest way to fix it is to contact Jason@orchidflux.com
give him the name of your gallery and I am sure he can give or reset your password as well as change over the contact email to one you have as active.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Hey JWR!! Long time no seeeeee ^^ I trust you've been well? x)

Thanks a bunch for the advice! Will send him an email now and hopefully get this coffuffle of a situation resolved! ^^ Thank you so much and see you around!!

90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

Also I just wanted to add that there is a way to prove the gallery is yours, even without a password/email. If you still own the cels displayed there you can always gather up a few and take a photo of them with a piece of paper next to them saying it's your account. That proves you're the owner of the gallery/cels. :)
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

A-ha!! Oh man 90s, that's a brilliant idea! I'll make sure to do that if Jason replies back saying I need some kind of evidence, I never thought of doing that before! Thanks a bunch!! ^___^

90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

(Sorry for the late-ish response ^^U) You're very welcome! Glad I could help out. :)