Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Post by Keropi »

The definition of Netorare is here:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... orareGenre

I ran across this yesterday: :D

I liked this NTR joke from the "Again" manga. He's stressing out and having a wild imagination:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/188540/aga ... e-idiot/11
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Never heard of this netorare definition before, quite awesome it seems. I imagine it'd always be pretty interesting to see this situation in anime, but don't remember any hardcore example off top of my head unfortunately, can you think of any?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

You mean in adult anime? There are a lot of non-adult examples on that Netorare webpage.

Lots of the recent adult anime with "Blue" in the title are NTR anime -

Grope (light NTR)
Hitou Meguri Kakure Yu
Houkago 2 The Animation (annoying NTR)
Houkago 2: Saiyuri (pathetic NTR)
I☆Can
Innocent Blue
Triangle Blue
True Blue

NTR is so prevalent adult anime now that whenever fans think that the love interest of a non-adult anime/manga/game might start going out with someone else other than the main character they start saying stuff like "Is this turning into NTR?" or "Does this manga have NTR in it? Because if it does, I don't want to read it."

Some people can't stand NTR, but sometimes I find it funny. It all depends. The more respectable the character is that got NTRed the worse it feels, but sometimes the NTRed character is so wimpy, useless and lousy that I really couldn't care less that it happened. I guess I'm kind of used to NTR now because I've seen it so many times.

NTR is more common in shoujo/josei manga/anime compared to shounen/seinen. Male readers/viewers have less patience for love interest (perceived) betrayal. Shoujo/josei stories tend to have a lot more heartbreaking ups and down relationships if you know what I mean.

EDIT:

The "Mousugu Shinu Hito" manga is reminding me of Higurashi and School Days scenes: :D

Chapter 2:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/191893/see ... s-trans/28
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/191893/see ... s-trans/37
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/191893/see ... s-trans/40
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

I ought to look more carefully, but actually, I meant none adult anime. Its really true that there way too many adult anime with this, I think there is at least one from august release. Think I've at least viewed once of all the ones you've mentioned, but they didn't seem to leave me with much impression as they should've, perhaps because I haven't fully "watched" all of them.
Keropi wrote:Male readers/viewers have less patience for love interest (perceived) betrayal
Oh I donno, I like those quite a bit, those kind of characters tend to stand out much more in my book.
Keropi wrote:The "Mousugu Shinu Hito" manga is reminding me of Higurashi and School Days scenes:
that last page reminded me of a scene of first season of higurashi, and middle page reminds me of school days. doesn't seem to be very bloody though.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru ("NouCome") anime episode 7:
Yuragi acting like a psycho yandere was pretty funny. ^_^
Oukoku Game ("The Kingdom Game") manga:
Too bad they killed off the yandere girl so early, but I guess the mangaka had to or she would be dominating the whole story given the nature of the game they are playing. Yangires might appear in the future though.
The Akarui Sekai Keikaku manga might only be 23 chapters long. That might be the first manga I've read where the story was influenced by voter polling.

It's too bad that the Tokage no Ou manga ended before the real story even began. The manga was only a promotion for the novels. :(
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

I always wanted to mention the ps3 title tales of xilla has one or two characters that might be potentially considered as yandere, but since they're not about love interests I'm guessing... yangire? been awhile since I played a videogame with quite a few distinctive characters. Seen any such kind character from current season?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

They didn't make an anime for Tales of Xillia did they?

Yandere/yangire from this season? Not in the shows I'm watching.

Coppelion:
I heard there are crazy girls in it, but I don't know exactly how they are crazy. ^_^
I want to see you-know-who go nuts in Freezing Vibration. :evilblk I don't even know if she will or not because I haven't read the manga.

To Love Ru Darkness:
It's too bad that the anime didn't show Momo going briefly yandere/yangire in a couple of spots from the manga. We get so little yandere/yangire in non-adult anime that they need to show it in the anime when it WAS in the original source. The anime toned it down or didn't show it at all. There wasn't much there to begin with.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:They didn't make an anime for Tales of Xillia did they?
No, but I wouldn't mind seeing an anime made for it. But the game itself is plenty self explanatory plot wise, both the in game cut scenes and even just the gameplay graphic.

Coppelion looks quite interesting without actually reading any plot description, I'll be looking forward to it once this season ends.
Keropi wrote:I want to see you-know-who go nuts in Freezing Vibration. :evilblk I don't even know if she will or not because I haven't read the manga.
Its been a few years since I read a part of the manga, do you mean that short blue hair chick always with a few underlings around? ...If not I actually have no idea lol
Keropi wrote:We get so little yandere/yangire in non-adult anime that they need to show it in the anime when it WAS in the original source.
I agreed, but I feel like there wasn't plenty of them in adult anime either. I do also hate how when they convert manga into anime, they leave out the details thats SUPPOSE to be important. The other day I got around to watch the red bull 34 ovas and after comparing an ep of it with the original manga, the graphic violence at certain parts was toned down quite a bit. I don't quite get why since its considered an adult anime to some degree, its a shame really.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Its been a few years since I read a part of the manga, do you mean that short blue hair chick always with a few underlings around? ...If not I actually have no idea lol
Chiffon:
http://myanimelist.net/character/39019/ ... _Fairchild

The characters with closed eyes can be quite scary. :D
I agreed, but I feel like there wasn't plenty of them in adult anime either. I do also hate how when they convert manga into anime, they leave out the details thats SUPPOSE to be important. The other day I got around to watch the red bull 34 ovas and after comparing an ep of it with the original manga, the graphic violence at certain parts was toned down quite a bit. I don't quite get why since its considered an adult anime to some degree, its a shame really.
I'm sure they are more concerned about animating the same scene compared to only drawing it. What was that guro game that had that episode that came out recently? Instead of being a guro scene, they turned it into a grotesque dream scene instead. They don't want to go that far as to making it actually take place for real

Here's a picture from that scene of Yuragi doing her acting scene from the seventh episode of NouCome Lol:
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:Chiffon:
http://myanimelist.net/character/39019/ ... _Fairchild

The characters with closed eyes can be quite scary. :D
She reminds me of a captain from bleach...Fairchild, no wonder shes the student council president lol
Keropi wrote:What was that guro game that had that episode that came out recently? Instead of being a guro scene, they turned it into a grotesque dream scene instead. They don't want to go that far as to making it actually take place for real
I'm sure you're right around that just drawing leaves more ground for creativity and less worrisome stuff, but it still sucks to have my potentially favor scenes cut out, obliterates my build up anticipation.

Theres a guro game getting animated? Not talking about that Rescue Me! ova here right? I'm carious to know what it is :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Theres a guro game getting animated? Not talking about that Rescue Me! ova here right? I'm carious to know what it is :D
They stuck in a little of it into the beginning of the third episode of Kowaku no Toki. :hurt: :|

Of course, they are not going to be putting the "strongest" material into the anime. :puzzled :cry: 8O :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:They stuck in a little of it into the beginning of the third episode of Kowaku no Toki. :hurt: :|
Oh yeah I do recall from clicking through that ep seeing something that might be potentially disturbing to some. unfortunately I didn't think much of it overall, and for some reason it didn't seem all that graphic. Its still extremely rare to see though.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Mousugu Shinu Hito (HARUSE Hiroki) manga chapter 4:
It looks like it might be getting a little violent now. :evilblk It looks like both of those girls are crazy.

It's more fun that way anyway. ^_^
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

I'm all pumped up now, ch5 where are thou??? honestly though that was some pretty direct violence right there, when one mentioned the thing most precious to the other, I thought she meant the other one's hair, but how weaksauce was I Iol I imagine the next translated one won't come out till next year right? Is the original like monthly or something?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Is the original like monthly or something?
I'm not sure. I think it is monthly. Some of the best manga come out monthly unfortunately and it's too bad. By the time the next chapter comes out I've forgotten a lot of the details of the earlier parts of the story.
Looking at the chapter again, it looks like she actually cut her ear doesn't it? With that thin scissors, it would be difficult to do much damage to the other girl's fingers.

I think she should have at least brought a hand cutter instead:
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-2-pc-han ... ockType=G1

...but a bypass/anvil pruner, lopper, bolt cutter or pipe cutter would have been much more formidable. I'm not expecting an axe. She looks too small to be carrying around an axe. ^_^