Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Post by Keropi »

It seems like Rokka no Yuusha's story started getting English translated a long time ago It feels like when I started reading novel translations the translation was already out.

Overlord's chapters come out on Saturday mornings and they are LONG chapters. I'll try to read the next chapter tomorrow morning. They're on Volume 8 right now which is a "lighter" volume. The ninth volume is going to be a little depressing for me to read. I think the tenth volume is supposed to come out before the end of the year. I think the author said that the Overlord story is going to be around 18-20 volumes long.

That's the thing I like about reading novels. There is a lot more to talk about with novel stories compared to manga and anime. People can be talk about novel chapters for weeks.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The Overlord novel was picked up commercially by Yen Press so I don't know if the earlier chapters will be deleted or if they'll stop translating it.

I think they've gone both ways before.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The manga "Renai Boukun" ("Love Tyrant") is getting an anime adaption:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... adaptation

So we get to see the yandere Akane (the girl with the red hair) animated. That should be amusing even if the anime in general is not. Hope they'll animate the anime with a decent balance of Akane's funny and scary sides. Hope they find an appropriate seiyuu to voice her character.

I obtained a yandere drop down character from one of the browser games I was playing. She was carrying a knife in her regular pose. I didn't play the game for very long though. It was too repetitive my taste.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Just thought I would mention this here.

The novel "Nidome no Yuusha" ("Nidome no Yuusha wa Fukushuu no Michi wo Warai Ayumu ~ Maou yo, Sekai no Hanbun wo Yaru Kara Ore to Fukushuu wo Shiyou~") is about a summoned Hero that gets killed by the former people that he knew. He returns back to the time he was first summoned with the goal of getting revenge on all the people that plotted against him.

So basically it's about a psychotic person who gets revenge against his former psychotic compatriots. The thread and translation are here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=142736

The story is not for the faint of heart. There is a yandere in there, but she hasn't appeared in the translated parts yet. It's kind of sick like the way the Overlord novels were sometimes. :P