Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

For Uwakoi It looks like the last time what I thought was the final chapter, there was actually a chapter after that...so the ending was more acceptable. Still, towards the end its pretty obvious that the author was rushing to finish, killing off characters just like that was such a shame, there could have been more chapters. I wonder what the author is working on now.

Ana Satsujin is going horrible, I'm guessing its toward the end but the chapters after the most recent buildup was quite anti climatic, much less than what I was expecting and was sort lame IMO.

Mousugu Shinu Hito ended at chapter 13, I think. The ending was nice boat-ish, which was kinda surprising.

There was a bit of yandere, or yangire going on in ep6 of Grisaia no Rakuen during a flashback. And that's all I could think of for the yandere stuff recently. Anything new on your side?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I missed this thread also. They must have gotten pushed way down on the updated thread list or whatnot.

I haven't seen much yandere/yangire lately. The only ones I can remember lately were "Netogame no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?" manga and the "My Childhood Friend is a High School Girl and a Hero of Another World but It Looks Like That’s not All" web novel.

In "Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?" it's not dealt with very much. It's more comedic than anything else. Her way of thinking is messed up because she can't distinguish between how she acts online and how she acts in real life. She considers herself "married" to her online gaming husband and she doesn't like riajuus or ikemen.

In "My Childhood Friend is a High School Girl and a Hero of Another World but It Looks Like That’s not All", the main female character is a yandere, but she hides it from the guy. I only read the beginning, but there is not a lot of yandere-ism in this either yet. She acts clumsy and incapable, but she only does that so that the guy will hang around and try to help/protect her. When he's not around she might act differently:

https://larvyde.wordpress.com/joshiyuus ... 3198684268

I've been reading a story where the summoned guy is a rather evil individual. He suppresses his murderous feelings, but gets to express them when he's summoned to an fantasy world.
https://kerambitnosakki.wordpress.com/

He kills people when he feels that they are trying to manipulate him. Supposedly later on one of the female characters becomes somewhat yandere. I'm sort of looking forward to that part.

I haven't seen much yandere/yangire even in H-manga as of late. :(
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

They had some Yandere artwork submissions on Crunchyroll:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-featur ... ou-edition

That "My Childhood Friend is a High School Girl and a Hero of Another World but It Looks Like That’s not All" web novel has more yandere-ism in it than I thought. It should be amusing to see what she's going to do to that opposing family. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That "Netgame no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta?" novel/manga story about the online game player group will be turned into an anime:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ion/.91394

I've been enjoying the manga. They use a lot of jokes about the comparison between being online and how you are in real life. The yandere jokes are amusing. I don't know how they will come across in the anime though. It might be more funny or less funny.

I've read up to the eleventh chapter of "My Childhood Friend is a High School Girl and a Hero of Another World but It Looks Like That’s not All":
https://larvyde.wordpress.com/joshiyuus ... 3198684268

and it's pretty fun how...
In chapter 11 she the defeated the assassin that was trying to kill Yuu.
But what I'm really looking forward to in the story...
Apparently the princess became yandere later on. Earlier she said she was tired of acting the way everyone expected her to. So she might be acting out more like her true character later on. But I wonder how Arina's magic spell might have had anything to do with it. It might have contributed to the princesses downfall....so to speak. :emb
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Was playing Cartagra the visual novel the past week and finally got to the true ending, which I thought was a bit heart wrenching. There was a 2ep hentai(the one with the crazy nun) for it a few years back which contained first two chapter(out of 6 total) of the VN. So the last culprit turned out to be the main girl's older sis that was supposed to be dead, and, shes a yandere, or yangire I guess more accurately.

Tired to find a pic of her but it wasn't easy(aside from those hentai CG sites), since it contains major spoiler, she only appeared at the end of the final chapter:
http://www.zerochan.net/784519
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, I remember that anime. It seemed to have a decent story to it. Too bad the anime wasn't longer, but not many H-anime are more than two or three episodes long. I haven't played any of the game. So the older sister was yandere/yangire eh? It's just like the Giniro (by Nekoneko) game then. I see they both preferred knives too. :)

The lyrics to the ending sequence for the Overlord anime are quite yandere-ish. Too bad I can't seem to find a decent link to an English translated version of the Ending. A lot of the videos have the song speeded up so it sounds as if someone on helium is singing the song. :D

Well, the Ending already made Albedo look a bit nutty so I'm not surprised that the lyrics match those shots of her.

EDIT:

The second video on this page works, but I don't know for how long it'll work:
http://www.animeplus.tv/overlord-episode-8-online/2
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

I was able to start into Giniro for a few minutes...I had problem understanding the dialog actually, in english. A guide online shown that the game seems to be fairly short, so I might dedicate some time and finish it in next few weeks.

Yeah, the ED of Overlord definitely has a hint of yandereness to it(I was watching the horriblesub version). Its too bad the dude rewrote her program, I'd be interested in seeing her bitchy side more lol Speaking of nutty, I like that female antagonist, perhaps something will go down in the next ep, as long as she doesn't get overpowered by the dude in the first few seconds, although its hard to see it happening any other way, that'd still be totally uncalled for. Fingers crossed.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:I was able to start into Giniro for a few minutes...I had problem understanding the dialog actually, in english. A guide online shown that the game seems to be fairly short, so I might dedicate some time and finish it in next few weeks.
Ah, cool. I really liked that game. It consists of seemingly separate stories, but eventually you find out how they connect with each other and explain.

I've been reading the Overlord novel the past couple of days. I started reading from where the anime is at. Boy, the novel is really bloody and gory. You can find the translation on Google. They've translated a surprisingly large amount of it already.

One of the main themes of Overlord seems to be...(not much of a spoiler, but just in case...):
The blurring of the lines between good and evil. There's a lot of moral gray area to the story. It's not for people who dislike amoral and immoral characters and stories.
I'm curious to see how they will handle some of the future events because it's really violent in the novel. It's kinda sick. Some of these characters are seriously sick in the head. :D

Solution...that's the perfect name for her character.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Its too bad the dude rewrote her program, I'd be interested in seeing her bitchy side more lol Speaking of nutty, I like that female antagonist, perhaps something will go down in the next ep, as long as she doesn't get overpowered by the dude in the first few seconds, although its hard to see it happening any other way, that'd still be totally uncalled for. Fingers crossed.
I finally caught up with the Overlord novel translation (Volume 6 intermission). The Overlord anime is up to the end of Volume 2 now (episode 9). The rest of the series should cover Volume 3. From what I can tell it seems like Shalltear is more openly perverted compared to Albedo. Albedo gets a lot of jokes about her becoming jealous. Most of the subordinates of Ainz are pretty evil, but some of them are not so bad.

Overlord is probably my second or third favorite Japanese novel/web novel that I have read up to this point. I might like something else more if I read it more, but a lot of novels/web novels haven't been translated more than a handful chapters. As with Mushoku Tensei. Wordmaster and Overlord, a lot of characters get developed separately and then you look forward to them meeting up with each other.

Overlord ---
A BIG SPOILER about a non-important anime appearing character from the ?end of Volume 5-early Volume 6:
The Kingdom (where most of the story takes place up to Voluume 6) has a Golden Princess. The Golden Princess is a genius yandere/psycho:
http://overlordmaruyama.wikia.com/wiki/ ... le_Vaiself

She is kind of scary. ^_^;;
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Regarding Albedo in the Overlord novel series:

Small to medium SPOILER on Albedo which takes place after the 13 episode TV series.

Volume 7 SPOILER:
I think Ainz is going to regret turning Albedo into a yandere. I'm kind of curious as to what she could do later.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Dammit, I really dislike anime with inconclusive endings after following it for a season without knowing if theres going to be a next, even worse now are those ones that has nothing conclusive whatsoever that you can't even tell if its ending or not without checking on other sources to confirm(ex. Gangsta, Chaos Dragon...Rokka no Yuusha). I wonder if I should check out the Overlord novel, if time permits...its going to be an exciting fall and winter for console RPG fans like myself, I don't quite remember the last time so many RPGs I look forward to hitting the market one after another.

I was really, really carious about what happened next after Rokka no Yuusha ended and actually spend sometime to read its light novel translation...and its surprising painless even though I despise reading. Too bad the translating is kinda slow and its only up to 4 volumes right now. Though I wonder at the rate the story unfolds, how many volumes are needed to cover the entire story.

Edit: Here's a yandere I found recently, Its from a manga titled "Makia", Sorry I can't find a english translation on this, a story basically about a witch arrived into a guy's life and granted his wish of not wanting to come to terms with truth and to cover up the reality of a series of mysterious murders happening around him, turns out the culprit is his own girl friend, after becoming more and more jealous with certain incidents. After he finally decided to accept the truth, the witch(Makia) comes out and saves the day. http://manhua.dmzj.com/zhenxiya/35851-30.shtml
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Most novel translations are pretty easy to find with Google, but some of them I only discover through other people's posts. Overlord is getting translated pretty quickly. The Chinese translation is further along, but in not much time the English translation will almost catch up to all of the current novel releases. The series is pretty dark and gets more dark as it goes along. The anime hadn't really gotten to the dark stuff yet. It's hard to see how they could do another season because the novel series is already popular so it won't get as large a boost from the anime. It's a similar situation to Mahouka. The novels were already popular and Madhouse rarely does second seasons compared to other studios. Also the story after the anime doesn't translate as well into an anime so it's just not looking good for a second season at this point.

Yeah, it's too bad. I'd like to see some real anime endings. I haven't seen a good one for awhile because they only adapt the very beginning of the story.

So the Rokka no Yuusha anime had decent pacing eh?
Edit: Here's a yandere I found recently, Its from a manga titled "Makia", Sorry I can't find a english translation on this, a story basically about a witch arrived into a guy's life and granted his wish of not wanting to come to terms with truth and to cover up the reality of a series of mysterious murders happening around him, turns out the culprit is his own girl friend, after becoming more and more jealous with certain incidents. After he finally decided to accept the truth, the witch(Makia) comes out and saves the day. http://manhua.dmzj.com/zhenxiya/35851-30.shtml
So it was the girlfriend that got hit?

In that "My Childhood Friend is a High School Girl and a Hero of Another World but It Looks Like That’s not All" novel the main girl kind of reminds me of Kaede from Shuffle

Shuffle anime/manga/game SPOILER:
She has low self esteem due to being bullied at school. Her childhood trauma messed up her head and it appears as though she may not think that she deserves the man character. So she loves him, but may not feel that she deserves him.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Yeah I was extremely unsatisfied with the Chaos Dragon final ep, it was terribly inconclusive, though what was there, I did enjoy. And it took me awhile of googling, but I found a confusing project that the anime was based off of on a website---tabletop Role Playing Fiction project...what the heck is that? Though it did involve some amazing writers participation including Gen Urobuchi and Ryohgo Narita. Was hoping it would be a light novel, but oh well.
Keropi wrote: It's hard to see how they could do another season because the novel series is already popular so it won't get as large a boost from the anime.
I'm not understanding this bit, but I'm guessing this is a common scenario in Japan? I heard it takes at least a few million USD to produce a 12ep anime series...so this amount is really just an advertising budget for the light novel? Will those novel, and even the other relevant merchandises justify the amount spend on creating anime? Not to mention those season 2s and so forth.
So it was the girlfriend that got hit?
[/quote]

No it was the witch that took the hit when she tried to save the girlfriend's boyfriend(though it never explained the boyfriend's relationship with the witch). The girlfriend was going to take out the boyfriend in the end too, sort of like Mirai Nikki/Ana Satsujin style.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Hmm, I never even heard about the source of Chaos Dragon. That's pretty odd.

From what I heard, the publishing companies make an anime out of their novels/manga primarily to increase their publishing sales. The merchandising sales and anime sales are a secondary consideration. Of course to make a decent amount of money off of anime sales is always welcome, but remember that they have to pay to have their anime adaptions broadcast. Novel and manga sales might increase quite a bit after an anime is broadcast. I think one publisher's sales went up five times the amount after the anime aired. That would be a huge anime adaption success for the publisher. I think the Overlord novels sold 500,000 copies while the One Punch Man manga has sold 5 million copies.

I read a bit of a discussion on the definition of "yandere" Some people feel that the main female character (Arina) of "My Childhood Friend is a High School Girl and a Hero of Another World but It Looks Like That’s not All" does not fit the definition of a yandere. The definition of a yandere just means that the character has a "dere" side and a "yan" side. This means that they have "love" for someone, but also that their love has a sick side to it. This sickness means either mental "sickness" or a "sick" form of love (such as the possiblity of being violent). Going by this definition Arina fits the definition of a yandere.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Those are some great numbers, especially one punch man, if the anime become a success then it might just become a household name :D I'm still bummed about the recent season having quite a few great titles without ending or a promise to continue. Rokka is not too bad since it has a light novel, but guess I'll never find out whatever happened after in Chaos Dragon. Gangsta just ran out of source material, and Overlord also has a novel. Personally I think it'd be great if Gangsta could have had a made up conclusion like Shimoneta, although it also has a light novel...not sure how interesting of a READ that would be though lol

And yeah, I guess theres the "book" definition of yandere, then theres the "street" definition. Although some characters would technically qualify, they might not be recalled upon by their extreme behaviors that made yandere such a memorable category in the first place by some people. I know anime characters like Yuno, Kotonoha and Shion defined Yandere category for me. I also recognize Asuna from Shigofumi as yandere due to her expressions and actions she took, but strictly by the book definition I'm not sure if she can be argued to be a genuine yandere. And then theres Anna from Shimoneta, with actions and expressions that closely follows the yandere guidebook, has so many fan service moments that it caused inflation in its worth.

And lets not forget those characters that's got the Yan side and the Dere side, and acts accordingly but does not ever make the signature yandere expression and but are stright up nuts, I still would find those to be hard to categorized as yandere, though by the definition of the word alone,they'd certainly qualify.