Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:That does sound interesting. I liked those old animated games. That old animated game that I played a little, shows up after that game video is over. I can't remember the name of it. It was something with a dakishimeta in it I think. I kept getting an ending about the girl fleeing in the rain and never seeing her again, but I couldn't understand much of it.
Yeah you must be think about Kisetsu o Dakishimete, those two games are both part of YARUDORA four season series which all starts off with a heroine with no memory, Kisetsu is spring and Double Cast is the summer. I remember the part you are talking about would always follow by bad ending, I played it so many times but kept on getting similar bad endings so had to resort to guide. I know some good endings can occur after that scene so not sure if thats a stable or not. One good ending I remember for the main chick was that as the main character napped under the cherry tree he dreamed about the girl telling him that she remembered her past and that shes actually a spring cherry tree spirit released by that big tree in his university, since spring ended she had to go back to the tree...I really liked the theme song for that one.
Yeah, I think I put "Heaven's Feel" Sakura into my signature here a long time ago back when I still had a signature. I think I had a signature with Caster in it too. Saber Alter will be in Heaven's Feel. Heaven's Feel was the most "mature" storyline from the three. I wonder how they will be able to handle it? So the main story was Saber's story which had the most idealistic ending. Then came Rin and Archer's story which didn't go as smoothly as the main story. And finally we get Sakura and Rider's story where things don't go well at all and poor Sakura suffers through it.
Well I'm pretty pumped as well but since its a movie it'll be subjected to the length issue I assume, just like that unlimited blades work movie which I yearned to see more development on and was ultimately a bit disappointed with it. Just hope this one would pull it off. Although since they are making UBW a series, why didn't they make a series for HF too? Even a 2 1/2 hr long film would only cover 8-9eps worth of material...I think they'll for sure have to cut out some important stuff, even assuming this is a short story line.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah you must be think about Kisetsu o Dakishimete, those two games are both part of YARUDORA four season series which all starts off with a heroine with no memory, Kisetsu is spring and Double Cast is the summer.
Yeah, that was it. It was a good game from what I seen and from what I heard others say. At least that game was easier to figure out because it was animated. Most other games were harder when you didn't know much Japanese. To Heart was difficult for me to figure out because it had few CGs and it was hard to tell what they were doing. It was like listening to a CD. So she was like the spirit of the tree or something right? That's why she got upset when those people were messing around with the tree?

By the way, that scene 1 from the Monobeno game that someone English subbed looked quite good. In those character talking screens not only did they animate their mouths, they animated their eyes blinking at different speeds and used different character CGs for their facial expressions. It's about as close you can get to an animated scene without having their bodies changing postions a lot and the backgrounds moving around too. They must have spent a relatively large amount of money developing that ren'ai game.

Wow, that loading Crunchyroll video closed one of my windows and deleted two paragraphs of my post. X|

Basically I said I got a lot of bad endings with Dakishimete too. And that they might have wanted to do a movie for Heaven's Feel because they wouldn't have to go into sordid details with a longer TV series.

Have you heard of Fate/grand order:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... -previewed
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:good game from what I seen and from what I heard others say. At least that game was easier to figure out because it was animated. Most other games were harder when you didn't know much Japanese. To Heart was difficult for me to figure out because it had few CGs and it was hard to tell what they were doing. It was like listening to a CD.
Yeah I hate clicking through text walls with one or more character avatars that would often make inappropriate faces/poses, because they only have so many to rotate with...unless the CGs are really interesting to look at then I'll attempt to figure out what they're saying based on the kanjis present. But yeah I think Dakishimete was a great dating sim with good plot twists. Its kinda similar to watching an romance genre anime where you get to make some choices along the line. This kinda game is pretty rare and I wish there would be more of them.
Keropi wrote:So she was like the spirit of the tree or something right? That's why she got upset when those people were messing around with the tree?

Yeah that was the reason. but apparently she didn't realized shes one till the purple hair chick made a fuss at the guys apartment after finding out another chicks living with him, she realized it in the middle of that fuss and ran out because of it...then I think you have like a slight chance of picking the choice of actually finding/catching her, but after that shes gonna run away and vanish regardless I believe.
Keropi wrote:Wow, that loading Crunchyroll video closed one of my windows and deleted two paragraphs of my post.
That's funny because I had the same problem writing this post, firefox is godly though, I just clicked the restore previously closed page option and my reply got restored on the page as well lol
Keropi wrote: they might have wanted to do a movie for Heaven's Feel because they wouldn't have to go into sordid details with a longer TV series.

Have you heard of Fate/grand order:
So they're going to remake the fate/stay night original saber route for first half and then UBW route on second half? Why dey do dat? why not UBW route followed by HF route...we already saw the 24ep version of saber route why do we need a 12ep version of it?

fate/grand order looks interesting, but I think there are too many spin offs for fate/series game wise honestly, should've seen how many different forms of saber figurines there are. Be her one of my favor anime character of all time, I don't bother keeping track of all her forms anymore, so much milking going on its getting ridiculous. They even begin to merge characters: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/183305 Next thing you know they'll make a saber character thats half side male half side female.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:So they're going to remake the fate/stay night original saber route for first half and then UBW route on second half?
I'm not sure what you mean by that. :D

I heard they want to animate the Saber route again because the first TV series wasn't a pure Saber route. It was mostly the Saber route with some of Archer's story thrown in and a little bit of Sakura's story. They adapted it like how they do it with most other ren'ai game anime adaptions. They mix the story routes together so that more characters can get their scenes into the anime. In the game, the main character might not have even met some of the characters so the anime adaption will mix story routes into the anime. A pure Saber game route is going to be somewhat different from what we seen in the first Fate/stay night TV series.

I assume they just figured that doing another 25 episode series would be overkill because too many of the scenes between the two series would be the same.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

There's nothing quite like pure, unadulterated hatred between former best friends. Lol :rollin

That's from chapter 9 of "Mousugu Shinu Hito (HARUSE Hiroki)" I finally got a chance to read read that chapter.

So Euphora got picked up by MangaGamer. I can't believe they're going to do that game considering how brutal it is, but there it is. They're churning out quite a few games. I'm surprised how fast they are picking them up.

Speaking of brutal, the fourth episode of "Kowaku no Toki" was pretty rough. I didn't think they would actually show it, but they did. That was a pretty bad way to die. :|

Oh....I don't see any changes at all so far in the anime and manga sites that I am aware of. Nothing seems to have changed yet.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote: Speaking of brutal, the fourth episode of "Kowaku no Toki" was pretty rough. I didn't think they would actually show it, but they did. That was a pretty bad way to die.
That one was a bit too brutal every for my taste. I don't really like the raw brutality, don't find any merit to it. was there even any plot behind it? So Euphora got picked up huh? Might consider trying it out. I wish some of the Innocent Gray's games would get translated...most of their games have pretty dark and twisted plot, and I couldn't for the life of me get the chinese patch to work on them, would love to try them out if they ever get translated here since they seem to have mystery/detective elements and that makes adult games interesting lol
Keropi wrote:I don't see any changes at all so far in the anime and manga sites that I am aware of. Nothing seems to have changed yet.
same here...did the Japanese government sent the requests to all the foreign sites or something? And they say majority of those downloading happens on Chinese sites? Maybe that kinda explains why there was no change :P Just realized recently it seems that you can't save pictures from YJA anymore with the right mouse click, maybe they disabled it or something with their updates.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, Euphoria got picked up:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... ion-scheme
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... els/.77467

I think it had a plot, but it was more of a psychological kind of thing. Either the main character would change or the female character would change. Yeah, it doesn't seem to have had a strong plot to it. I thought MangaGamer was getting away from the dark games they started their company with, but I was mistaken. Then again Euphoria had an anime to it and it seems like MangaGamer is more likely to license games that already had anime made for them. I guess those games are easier to market because some people are already familiar with them. They licensed that Imouto Paradise game and that had an anime.
same here...did the Japanese government sent the requests to all the foreign sites or something? And they say majority of those downloading happens on Chinese sites? Maybe that kinda explains why there was no change :P Just realized recently it seems that you can't save pictures from YJA anymore with the right mouse click, maybe they disabled it or something with their updates.
Maybe that's it....they are going after the Asian sites first. Naver titles were removed recently from Batoto, but Batoto is one of the few manga sites that actually care about taking down stuff. HorribleSubs has some torrents for Crunchyroll manga too, but I'm not interested in downloading manga these days.
Just realized recently it seems that you can't save pictures from YJA anymore with the right mouse click, maybe they disabled it or something with their updates.
Hmm...that's interesting. Can you still save the screencap though? :D

Boy, I wish these light novel manga adaptions wouldn't end so quickly. Some of them are only teasers to make you want to read the light novels.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote: I thought MangaGamer was getting away from the dark games they started their company with, but I was mistaken. Then again Euphoria had an anime to it and it seems like MangaGamer is more likely to license games that already had anime made for them. I guess those games are easier to market because some people are already familiar with them. They licensed that Imouto Paradise game and that had an anime.
Looks like Eden might be interesting as well. I like the beautiful visual of the animation ad for it on that link. Since it'll be released in an none-adult version as well I'm assuming its a plot driven game? not to mention MangaGamer seem to have a sales goal for this one. Must be a big shot.
Maybe that's it....they are going after the Asian sites first. Naver titles were removed recently from Batoto, but Batoto is one of the few manga sites that actually care about taking down stuff. HorribleSubs has some torrents for Crunchyroll manga too, but I'm not interested in downloading manga these days.
I was actually thinking more along the line of chinese sites being oblivious to the other country's demand, since lots of fans there are used to getting stuff for free and there didn't seem to be any consequences associated with it...was there? But the copyright laws are much more straight over there than 10 years ago, so I wonder if it'll change much. I hope it won't have too much effect over here though :P

Hmm...that's interesting. Can you still save the screencap though? :D
Yeah, it'll have to be screencaps from now on, it's just not as convenient though lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I don't know anything about Eden. I wonder how good it is. It must be above average if they are spending that much resources on it.

There is supposed to be a website list regarding the pirating website takedowns, but I can't find it in the AnimeSuki thead here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127643

The Myanimelist thread is now at 69 pages long. It would take too long to go through the entire thread especially when nearly all of the posts aren't informative at all.

Maybe I should make a list of the stuff I want the most before they could get taken down. I would like to get at least one episode from all of the older anime that I had at least a slight interest in seeing and have never seen any of. You know what anime is really rare in file form? Ear of the Golden Dragon and Genji OVA. Barely anyone has them rated on their Myanimelists. I've wanted to see the Genji OVA for quite awhile even though the MAL rating is very low. I've wanted to see that alternate history World War II anime too. I can't remember the name of it. It's not the anime with the Mirai destroyer in it, but another series. it's not a good alternate history story, but I'd still be curious to see it. I've only seen it in raw form on a streaming site.

It's amazing how many anime have slipped through the cracks from the last 10-15 years. There are a number of fairly recent anime movies I never heard of that I run across every once in a while.

EDIT:

Ah, okay. I see the listing now. That's a lot of the sites that I recognize. This should be very interesting.

I recognize 6 of the manga sites for sure, maybe 3-4 of the anime streaming sites and several of the anime DDL sites. They've listed quite a few commercial DDL sites that have already gone out of business. Off the top of my head I think Hot File, Rapidshare, Wupload, Upload Station, Megaupload, Fileserve are essentially all out of business already. Megaupload has been gone for about two and a half years I think. I wonder why they listed it there.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

So it looks like instead of targeting the entire websites, they are targeting 580 specific work titles on a list of sites? That actually make sense, to set their goals small that is. It also make sense that they want to target the newer anime that are generating profits instead of 20year old titles thats obsolete since VHS time. Not sure how this would work though, do they monitor Japanese sites for uploading or something? They don't really have the authority to forcefully delete files from foreign county sites right? But maybe they'll be able to ban those sites within the country or something, I wonder. I guess theres no need to worry about old anime being taken down then, but future anime's future might not be so bright, if so that'd suck even more.

And yeah I really want to see Genji OVA as well...never could find it. Ear of Golden Dragon is actually quite awesome I think, great action and awesome female villains. I checked out the manga as well and it looks like one of those old school action/fantasy masterpiece...lots and lots of villainess being conquered, too bad they were raw. I just noticed recently that Shinkai Densetsu Meremanoid is now torrentable(only 4 user ratings), looks like a good anime as well, too bad I doubt anyone'd translate it.
Keropi wrote:It's amazing how many anime have slipped through the cracks from the last 10-15 years. There are a number of fairly recent anime movies I never heard of that I run across every once in a while.
Ditto to that, I sometimes go back to up to 5 year worth of anime charts and check out all the OVA/movies on that list in Nyaa and and see if any of them I previously haven't seen is now available. Still are some of them nowhere to be found in subbed form.

Man...I just got a windows 8 laptop and am transferring files from my old laptop and exharddrive to it...the process is killing me alive. I don't like windows 8 and it consistently interrupted my copy and paste process all the time, I think its in someway not very compatible with windows 7 files? For some reason my exharddrive gets auto disconnected all the time. Trying to get around 600GB of stuff in there but looks like it'll take awhile. Oh and did I mention I hate windows 8?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Not sure how this would work though, do they monitor Japanese sites for uploading or something? They don't really have the authority to forcefully delete files from foreign county sites right? But maybe they'll be able to ban those sites within the country or something, I wonder. I guess theres no need to worry about old anime being taken down then, but future anime's future might not be so bright, if so that'd suck even more.
I imagine they could ask for files to be removed. Some places will remove those. The other places they could just go after their website funding like they have for other sites in the past. They could get their advertisers to pull out (not so easy), but more importantly they could cut off their donation and revenue streams. They cut off their credit cards, PayPal, etc. A lot of people don't want to sign up for some unknown website they're not familiar just to donate to one place so they don't bother. Their revenue stream drops a lot and the websites that aren't as much into maintaining their website close on their own.

Also they could keep taking down the Cyberlocker accounts that post stuff the companies don't want up. That's pretty effective because it becomes a big pain to reupload all of those. It's a lot easier to take them down than it is to put them up. All those days of uploading taken down in an instant. Obviously it won't work for all of the sites, but they could make it a lot more work for them to maintain their sites and make them more costly.

One of those sites has a lot of old anime and I used them to get Miyuki anime episodes that I couldn't get anywhere else. The other sites had the anime links taken down. The subbers of old anime don't like using DDLs. They only use torrents. I'm not going to torrent stuff that hardly has anyone there. Doukyuusei 2 finally got English subbed after about 18 years (around 6-8 months ago), but I never got any of it because they only had skimpy torrent links and no DDLs. Maybe some year I'll finally get to see it subbed. The problem is that it's an old, soft-H anime title. The non-adult anime sites won't DDL it and the regular H-anime sites won't post it because it's too old and soft. Some anime are just stuck in the middle between two worlds. :|

I bought my new computer in February and I still haven't switched over to Windows 7 yet because I am too lazy. I better get to it before my one year warranty runs out. :D
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:I imagine they could ask for files to be removed. Some places will remove those. The other places they could just go after their website funding like they have for other sites in the past. They could get their advertisers to pull out (not so easy), but more importantly they could cut off their donation and revenue streams. They cut off their credit cards, PayPal, etc. A lot of people don't want to sign up for some unknown website they're not familiar just to donate to one place so they don't bother. Their revenue stream drops a lot and the websites that aren't as much into maintaining their website close on their own.

Also they could keep taking down the Cyberlocker accounts that post stuff the companies don't want up. That's pretty effective because it becomes a big pain to reupload all of those. It's a lot easier to take them down than it is to put them up. All those days of uploading taken down in an instant. Obviously it won't work for all of the sites, but they could make it a lot more work for them to maintain their sites and make them more costly.
Sounds like they could have some nasty strategies in store-_- But for foreign site with contributors that would buy import product and then copy and share, there still won't be a way to stop them I suppose. I think Nihonmaru has a contributor like that, although he might be in Japan. Things could get ugly if they are able to cooperate with foreign company that shares their licensed products and get them to lobby local government. I wonder how they came up with the estimate of damage in currency, that sounds like quite a big number.

Oh have you ever gotten files with nothing but troll inside? I think some selfrighteous copyright fanatics upload fake files onto websites to waste you download time/slot and try to preach lesson with trap, those people are annoy in my opinion.

I think windows 7 is much better than vista, in running visual novel games that is...lots of them I had trouble before didn't have problem on win 7. Now win 8 is different, so many games don't work on it...not even the english version of school days, which sucks. Going to have to try to reinstall it maybe. I wonder if they even support win8.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

But for foreign site with contributors that would buy import product and then copy and share, there still won't be a way to stop them I suppose. I think Nihonmaru has a contributor like that, although he might be in Japan. Things could get ugly if they are able to cooperate with foreign company that shares their licensed products and get them to lobby local government. I wonder how they came up with the estimate of damage in currency, that sounds like quite a big number.
They have taken down some foreign sites by going after their funding. They still have to pay for their server costs. I know of only three places that have posted their supposed server costs. A place that hosts DDL links said they pay $150 a month in server related expenses (server + maintenance stuff). One place that hosts files said they pay $250 a month for three servers and another that hosts files said they pay $1100 for 5 servers. There's only so much money that people feel like absorbing the cost of every month. We'll see how it goes. It depends on how aggressive they are. Some countries are more willing to remove things than others on websites and cyberlockers.

I wonder if they totaled up their losses correctly. Over the years they have tended to count too many people that were watching anime and/or reading manga that wouldn't have done so if they had to pay for it. It's only a true loss for them if the consumer would have paid for it. I love manga and all, but I'm only reading it because I can read it for free. If I had to pay for it then I would be paying to play ren'ai games instead of reading manga. That's what I was doing before. All of the manga that I wasn't able to read easily anymore, I stopped reading and didn't think much of afterwards - even the manga that were one of my favorites such as Arpeggio and Railgun. It was relatively easy for me to stop reading even the most interesting of manga stories.

Anime is different for me though. I HAVE bought anime because I wasn't able to download them or rent them (though this was only when I was collecting). I needed to see them to see how much I wanted to collect from the anime. Crunchyroll isn't too bad because I live in the U.S. (more licenses picked up for the U.S.), but I'd still miss a lot of anime if I was only relying on Crunchyroll. What about the OVAs, movies and BD specials? I'd hate to miss those. They're not the place to see old anime either.
Oh have you ever gotten files with nothing but troll inside? I think some selfrighteous copyright fanatics upload fake files onto websites to waste you download time/slot and try to preach lesson with trap, those people are annoy in my opinion.
I've heard about those, but I think I've only gotten that twice through DDLs. I'm not torrenting so I rarely encounter them.
I think windows 7 is much better than vista, in running visual novel games that is...lots of them I had trouble before didn't have problem on win 7. Now win 8 is different, so many games don't work on it...not even the english version of school days, which sucks. Going to have to try to reinstall it maybe. I wonder if they even support win8.
That's too bad. I'd hate to think of my Giniro game withering on the vine because it's too old. Oh well. It was bound to happen at some point. Not being able to play it is like not being able to read a classic book any longer. it's sad.

By the way...now that I think about it Giniro had a yangire character in it. I think she was the first truly yangire character that I was ever exposed to in a game. It came from out of the blue which made it feel freakier. 8O
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:I wonder if they totaled up their losses correctly. Over the years they have tended to count too many people that were watching anime and/or reading manga that wouldn't have done so if they had to pay for it. It's only a true loss for them if the consumer would have paid for it.
My thoughts exactly. I love anime and all but for years I watched subbed anime on youtube because they had a wide selection on there, for free! my interest for anime really grew then and that eventually led me to search for animation collectable on Yahoo Japan..without the youtube anime distribution I might not even have been into any related collection and instead be doing something more productive. The Japanese government might of undermined the positive value of free anime. Imagine all the exported anime related goods purchased by fans...do they believe each and every collector out there would have kick started their collecting career by paying for dvd or subscribe to a monthly channel, pay for games or manga just because its the "right thing" to do? then what about the future generation fans who might have a very limited budget to work with now or a credit card/bank? Wouldn't they less likely be influenced by anime/merchandise due to poor local selection/distribution/advertisement? And even just talk about the animation production artwork, I'm pretty sure not every single piece of cel/sketch which is the property of the studio/company was authorized to be distributed onto the market, would that be counted as a loss as well? They might not realize that outside of Japan, the majority of people with most purchase power are not hardcore anime fans, its people with limited budget in give/take situation where if they had to pay for anime/dvd, then they wouldn't be able to get figurine or artbook of its relate, or this series and not that series. And also like you mentioned, they can't possibly offer the selection free source has been offering, sadly. They are pursuing anime fans to change their mentality and value, that'd be difficult to say the least.

Keropi wrote:That's too bad. I'd hate to think of my Giniro game withering on the vine because it's too old. Oh well. It was bound to happen at some point. Not being able to play it is like not being able to read a classic book any longer. it's sad.

By the way...now that I think about it Giniro had a yangire character in it. I think she was the first truly yangire character that I was ever exposed to in a game. It came from out of the blue which made it feel freakier. 8O
Yeah, guess its better to keep a copy of disc file for backup re-installation propose, I don't keep them because they are really large files...better yet have a separate computer dedicated only to those games like a playstation lol whats the Giniro game you're talking about?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'll report if I see anything different with the websites, but so far I haven't seen anything except business as usual.

Giniro (Silver) is an old game that was put out by the now defunct company called Nekoneko. I think it was their first game. I believe it came out in 2000:

http://vndb.org/v915

They experimented with putting out a game with English subtitles option on it. It appeared to be machine translated however. We could play it on English Windows by installing a small program. It might have worked better on a later English Windows Operating System.

The story was about a lengendary Silver thread that was said to grant any wish. It had several stories that were shown out of sequence, but by the end of the final story you could see how they were all interconnected. It told the story from different perspectives. Sometimes the story was told from the guy's perspective and sometimes it was from the female character's perspective.

The first story was about a wandering swordsman. He had a pretty horrible life and didn't have much to do besides killing and robbing the people that passed by on the road. He runs across a girl that escaped from a brothel and they both find a little happiness in each other. There's another story about two sisters that are struggling through a countrywide famine. There's another story about a village that wants to sacrifice a woman to get rain for their crops. A guy tries to dissuade her from being a part of it. There's a story about two sisters running their parents restaurant after their parents died (I think that's how it was). That took place during the Taisho Era. Another story was about a man and woman sometime from the Heian to pre-Sengoku Era. It's a spoiler to say exactly what that story was about. The last story took place in modern times and it was about the relationship between a girl that couldn't speak and a guy that became friends with her. She was traumatized earlier and she had to use a drawing board to "speak".

They were all beautiful stories. They were very similar to Japanese fables. They were quite emotional. It was amazing how the stories came together at the end.

The problem with the Silver thread was that it granted wishes, but it didn't grant wishes exactly the way the wishers had hoped for. It grew to become a little chilling seeing a characters wish for something because you just knew that something was going to go wrong. 8O

EDIT:

Someone posted the Itallian subbed version of the first story from the Giniro game here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0WXFR2kAQo