Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Yeah, I'd like to see more of that but too bad its going to be slow, taking into consideration of translation group too.
Keropi wrote:
theultimatebrucelee wrote:Is the original like monthly or something?
Looking at the chapter again, it looks like she actually cut her ear doesn't it? With that thin scissors, it would be difficult to do much damage to the other girl's fingers.

I think she should have at least brought a hand cutter instead:
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-2-pc-han ... ockType=G1

...but a bypass/anvil pruner, lopper, bolt cutter or pipe cutter would have been much more formidable. I'm not expecting an axe. She looks too small to be carrying around an axe. ^_^
...does sears ship internationally? They again, hand cutter isn't all that threatening so I don't think the other character would just stand there and wait for it. and if it was a lopper then it'd be more effective to smack it around then use it to cut anything in this case lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

But it's more scary than a flimsy scissors if the person is immobilized. :D

There a lot of "fake boyfriend/girlfriend" and "act like my boyfriend/girlfriend" manga and novels out lately. One such manga is "Shinigami-Sama TO 4-nin no Kanjo". A guy is forced to act like he has a girlfriend in order to save his life from a shinigami. But....
He confesses to four girls because he needs a fake girlfriend to put on the act. Unfortunately for him, all four girls accept his confession. All four of them are eccentric in different ways. Their eccentricities explain why they accepted his confessions.

One of them might be a yandere (not sure):
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost4959635

I wonder what she's saying there. Lol

EDIT: Ah good, it got translated.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That fifth chapter of "Mousugu Shinu Hito (HARUSE Hiroki)" was somewhat of a disappointment, but the latest chapter of "Abnormal-kei Joshi" (Ninth Chapter) made up for it.
You could tell that the main character was not completely "normal" either. The serial killer girl ended up killing the serial killer guy. She made him look like an amateur by comparison.

That murder was surprisingly satisfying. ^_^

The main character has a yandere and two yangire girls in his harem. He has the most psychotic, eccentric harem that I've ever seen.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Agree that Shinu Hito new chapter being disappointment.

I solely checked out ch.9 of Joshi and find myself not understanding much. The art style doesn't help to explain the plot either, might have to start from ch1, but so far its too short for much real development I'm guessing. Maybe I'll start from scratch a few years from now when more chaps are out.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, you'd have to read Abnormal-kei Joshi from the beginning for it to make any sense.

I used to get bothered by all those manga that had few chapters out or only had chapters come out every 1-4 months, but if you read enough manga it kind of makes you forget all the loose ends that are hanging. If a manga story is held up somewhere, I just move on to another.

I've noticed that the infrequent manga (that only come out every 1-4 months) need to have something significant happen every chapter or the manga will feel like it's going nowhere. You can get by with doing very little when manga chapters come out every week, but readers have little patience for snail progression in a slow release manga. Some stories don't fit monthly manga release schedule because you can forget too much before the next chapter comes out.

Hitsugi no Chaika's story for example, doesn't work very well with it's infrequent release schedule. I have a difficult time remembering what the characters were planning on doing. I think light novel manga adaptions are just about always released monthly with their chapters.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo chapter 7:
That girl turned out to be a yandere after all. All four girls have quirks. That's why they accepted his confession so easily and why they didn't have boyfriends even though they were all looked upon so highly by those who didn't know them.
Has anyone heard of "Psycho Love Comedy" novel series?:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=108613

Looks like another psychotic harem there. I hope it'll be popular enough to get a manga/anime adaption someday when it's more developed.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Well, heres probably a yandere title for ps3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad5OilpXv_Q

Would be awesome if its animated but I haven't really seen any VN that's fully animated like school days.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Looks pretty fun. I wouldn't mind playing that.

I wonder how they'll balance between the humor and the sense of danger. As we know, it's not easy to pull off. The funny yanderes rarely feel dangerous while the dangerous yanderes just are not funny.

I haven't come across much fun stuff in the last month. UQ Holder, Black Bullet and Clockwork Planet were about the only manga I read lately that gave off that "It looks like you're on the @$$ end of an @$$kicking" sort of a thing.

"Abnormal-kei Joshi", "Shinigami-sama to 4-nin no Kanojo" and "Oukoku Game" were a bit crazy though. "Ousama Game" is so over-the-top that it's quite funny to me. Seeing people suffer has never been so humorous. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I noticed that there's a lot of yanderes on ANN's Lynzee Lamb's list of "7 Horrible Girlfriends":

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/the-list/2014-03-08
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Yeah, I saw that one too. Was unexpected that the girl from Flower of Evil made it to such a high place. Never did finish the series since I started it with super high expectation. Maybe when season 2 comes out, I'll finish it. Was that character at all considered yandere though?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I don't know. I didn't follow the anime/manga very far. The impressions I got from what I read of discussions didn't sound like she was yandere. She was more like a mental, manipulating, trouble maker.

Oh...with that Oukoku Game ("Kingdom Game") manga:

Chapter eight SPOILERS (about the killings and the character deaths):
That girl from the other "kingdom" went and killed herself. If that guy picks the "cross" as a reward for "winning" the war, some of the readers think that the yandere might get revived from the dead. That would explain why she got killed off so early. A few people didn't want to read the manga anymore after she died.

Though she also could have been removed because she was so mentally imbalanced, the team is a bit too stable without her around. ^_^

There's usually always at least one trouble maker/schemer in the group in these types of survival manga stories.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Found this bookmark on my browser and can't remember if you posted it or not, but just in case...seems like a list of anime titles with "yandere" tagged to them. Lots and lots of repeats, think I've checked out just about all of them.

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?ty ... char=other
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I haven't seen much yandere or yangire in manga or anime lately. Those yandere/yangire manga seem to be going untranslated or are greatly delayed.

Some of those titles I think people are confusing "being possessive" with being yandere/yangire. Is Aki Sora really yandere/yangire? :D

Now Mai Hime...I could see that. You-know-who went a bit nuts there. Actually a couple of the girls went a bit nuts. I liked those parts.

Baka to Test? Not really. That was comedic. Dokuro-chan? Nah. She just doesn't care what her bat does when it hits. Cube x Cursed x Curious? Wasn't that yangire? Date A Live was definitely yangire.

Denpateki na Kanojo? I forgot about that one. She was definitely nuts. Not sure what category she was though. That girl was sick. :D

High School DxD? Wasn't she more like an "S"? :hitting: Someone should make an S list while singing that Inu x Boku "S" song.

It's an amusing list though.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Uwakoi manga. I still haven't started reading that yet.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

This picture kind of fits in with the topic at hand - The Hot Crazy Scale:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost5127974
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Yeah...some of those taggers must not be true elite yandere fans lol Then again, being yandere and being nuts could be hard to tell apart to some, I personally would have preferred a more general term instead of all those different sub categories.

I'm gonna check out that Uwakoi manga, looks quite interesting...too bad there are only very little chapters out.
Keropi wrote:This picture kind of fits in with the topic at hand - The Hot Crazy Scale:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread. ... ost5127974
That's an interesting scale. I'd put crazy as the independent variable though, as we all know some crazy female character's only got the crazy part going for them lol