Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Uwakoi is quite interesting so far, the translation seems to be slow though. There are like 31 chapters out in raw and only 18s been translated. Funny how the main character names are yukiteru and yuno, its quite ironic.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yukiteru? Who is that? I forgot.

I noticed the Rena and Yuno names though. :rollin

Here are some manga lately that had some so called NTR in it (but don't really fit the real definition of NTR). People are raging over these titles: :redhot :saiyan :bwall

"The Town Where You Rage"...I mean "The Town Where You Live"
"Shishunki no Iron Maiden"
"Billionaire Girl"
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Yukiteru as in Yukiteru Amano, the main male lead from Mirai Nikki.

I kept on googling "The Town Where You Live" and only results are from "A Town Where You Live", which is nice but not what I was looking for...whats the Japanese/kanji name for this title? or a link would help.

Also been searching for "Fragile", which is by the same author of Uwakoi, but theres only apparently 1 chapter translated I wonder whatever happened to it.

I'll check out the other ones you mentioned.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Oh yeah. No wonder his name sounded familiar. :D

Those are supposed-NTR manga titles though. I didn't think you'd have any interest in those.

Yeah, I guess it was "A Town Where You Live" not "The"

I ran across a guro CG thing someone drew on g.e. Sometimes I wonder where this guro stuff comes from in people's heads. It's pretty gross sometimes. Bleh X|

Akuma no Riddle ep 8:
It's Hammer Time! ^_^
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Last week I learned that "Netori" is the opposite of "Netorare". I had heard of "netori" before, but didn't think much about it until now.

"Netori" is when the protagonist steals the lover or wife/husband of someone else. Personally I think netori stories would be a lot more enjoyable to deal with than netorare. Netorare can be very annoying depending on how annoying or likable the protagonist is (it depends on how they deal with it too). I can't think of very many non-adult stories in anime or manga that are even going a little in the direction of netori. Usually shounen/seinen romance anime and manga stories are teasing about the target being interested in someone else. Or at least the protagonist THINKS they are interested in someone else. So that's going more in the netorare-leaning direction.

Shoujo and josei anime and manga stories have more stories that go in the netorare-leaning or netorare-teasing direction. Men tend to have less patience with that and I rarely see even netorare-leaning in non-adult shounen/seinen stories. The non-adult stories that tend to have slight NTR are more of the melodramatic, soap opera-ish type.

Does a netori-leaning storyline even exist in non-adult shounen/seinen anime or manga? There must be some out there somewhere.

Kussetsu was netori, but that was an adult anime.

I think people just label netori stories as netorare because of convenience.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Sounds like Netori would be something enjoyable to watch, but if protagonist becomes a magnet that could be annoying too. I feel like I've seen something none hentai that would fit the requirement of this word, but can't quite put my finger on it...I know in kannazkuki no miko chikane kinda stole himeko from soma by awakening her inner lesbianness at the end but that's shoujo I think.

I can understand people mixing up the labels for either convenience or lack of better understanding or oblivious. I personally just expands the yandere category into most psychotic behavior characters just because pure yandere is way too rare in anime.

Speaking of adult anime, theres been garbage lately, like 80% of the monthly release. Do the Japanese audiences prefer random out of nowhere single minded formula all the way than actual story?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Speaking of adult anime, theres been garbage lately, like 80% of the monthly release. Do the Japanese audiences prefer random out of nowhere single minded formula all the way than actual story?
The newest adult anime have even less storyline than before. It's like they've run out of ideas after coming out with 650-1000 adult anime titles. You can only do it so many ways after all. :D

Let's face it. There's only "nice adult anime" and "abusive adult anime" now. There's nothing in between. I think you'd have to play a game to be able to see something different these days...or read a manga. I could say the same thing with non-adult anime. Manga and games are a lot more varied than anime.

EDIT:

It's too bad that the yandere manga "Mousugu Shinu Hito (HARUSE Hiroki)/Seeking Death" has too many things in it that don't make sense (mainly with the company and the police). I will keep reading it because I like seeing the girls going psycho, but I'm not taking anything they do very seriously anymore. :P

It's the same way for me as the survival manga "Ousama Game". They're both so over-the-top and not making sense. I read them because they're funny and not for the tension and survival themes.
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:Let's face it. There's only "nice adult anime" and "abusive adult anime" now. There's nothing in between. I think you'd have to play a game to be able to see something different these days...or read a manga.
So they just stopped trying altogether? I guess there simply wasn't enough incentive for any company to change genre...like no matter how repetitive they get the sales won't drop, and also true reverse :P It'd be nice if they just reverted back to those mid 90 to mid 2000's plot creativity formulas if nothing else. And even the soft core story focused ones in recent years are much nicer than the regular hentai in my opinion.

They actually do quite a bit of visual novel conversions these days, the problem is that the story tends to become fragmented because they feel the need to stress certain scenes over plot overall and would cover an entire conversion into only 2-3 eps, like each main cast per ep which lessens story even more. It'd be nice if they made longer series.They should try convert more popular mangas into adult/mature titles, that way they don't have to stress over the entire length or focus on multiply perspective and just section by section conversion would work...imagine...attack on tits :D

I sampled a few chapters of the original Ousama Game, it totally reminds me of battle royal...albeit less combat involved and more physiology going on.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, that sounds about right. Notice how often you can tell who the director of the adult anime is just because of how he choose to loop the animation.

The adult based off of abusive games tend to focus the most screwed up endings -- if they can show them that is.

The Renai Boukun ("Love Tyrant") manga returned - and Akane still has her knives with her. I forget the names of those knives.

Abnormal-kei Joshi came out with another chapter, but there was no yandere-ness in it this time. It was about the girl with the sleeping disorder. She seems to be the only "normal" girl (personality-wise) in the manga so far.

The Girls he talks to:
His imouto is a yandere. The stalker is obsessed with him (yangire). The murderer girl stabs people to death (yangire). The knight girl acts like his stalker/protector. The girl that bites him seems eccentric. Then there's the M girl.
Someone said that the mangaka might be going through some...issues which may be causing him to write about this stuff. Some people seem to write better stories when they're having depression problems.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I've finally caught up on the Uwakoi manga. It was a fun manga to read. You can feel the situation getting more and more convoluted as it goes along. He's really on the downhill spiral. In that respect it is like the School Days anime. The early part of the manga felt a bit like the H20 anime with the character dynamics. Yuno's a bit like Kaede (Shuffle anime) too. Lot's of cliffhangers in the manga.

That's girl's T-shirt was....something else and the SF Club was like the School Days stuff again.

Yesterday I read the H-manga "Elder Sister Control" by Yuzuki N Dash. I liked the first story a lot. The artwork was great. She's always had great artwork, but I thought it was above her usual standard in that story. The brother wanted the sister to be a certain way and he got what he wanted. Unfortunately for him and to his great regret, he ended up turning her into a yandere. It's too bad the first story didn't run further. It was like an H-game bad ending.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:I've finally caught up on the Uwakoi manga. It was a fun manga to read. You can feel the situation getting more and more convoluted as it goes along. He's really on the downhill spiral. In that respect it is like the School Days anime. The early part of the manga felt a bit like the H20 anime with the character dynamics. Yuno's a bit like Kaede (Shuffle anime) too. Lot's of cliffhangers in the manga.

That's girl's T-shirt was....something else and the SF Club was like the School Days stuff again.

Yesterday I read the H-manga "Elder Sister Control" by Yuzuki N Dash. I liked the first story a lot. The artwork was great. She's always had great artwork, but I thought it was above her usual standard in that story. The brother wanted the sister to be a certain way and he got what he wanted. Unfortunately for him and to his great regret, he ended up turning her into a yandere. It's too bad the first story didn't run further. It was like an H-game bad ending.
Yeah its really cool that lots of yandere relates fanservice are included in the Uwakoi manga...its got some nice situations going on too. The translation is so slow though I had to peek ahead and it just looks better and better.

By which manga are you referring to here?
The Girls he talks to:
His imouto is a yandere. The stalker is obsessed with him (yangire). The murderer girl stabs people to death (yangire). The knight girl acts like his stalker/protector. The girl that bites him seems eccentric. Then there's the M girl.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Yeah its really cool that lots of yandere relates fanservice are included in the Uwakoi manga...its got some nice situations going on too. The translation is so slow though I had to peek ahead and it just looks better and better.
Oh yeah? How many chapters are they behind?
By which manga are you referring to here?
The Girls he talks to:
Abnormal-kei Joshi. Too bad the manga isn't very far along yet and the manga chapters come out irregularly. Only the sleeping disorder girl has a normal personality.

Later Abormal-kei Joshi manga events:
The serial murderer teacher was killed by the serial murderer girl. ^_^

The one of the stalker girls helped to take him out. The guy was planning on murdering the main character's yandere imouto, but the other girls weren't going to have it. That's a dangerous harem he has there.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:Oh yeah? How many chapters are they behind?
Well, the top result that showed up on google when I typed in the title+raw has 32 chapters. But the update dates of english translated chapters are not promising...like 2 months per chapter at chapter 18 last I checked. Do you know a faster source?

I skimmed through "Elder Sister Control", that yandere scene had a bit potential to it but was killed off right on the spot which I thought was kinda weak. Apparently the reason the artists don't like to go too extreme was that it tend to turn some people off.

Oh, found an interesting adult anime today, Kyouhaku II. For some reason I always got it confused with Shin Kyouhaku II and never actually saw it. Yumiko is quite a character.

This end month release of adult titles actually looks kinda decent, like 1 in 3, surprisingly.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Where was that Senmanga? From the dates of posts at Mangafox that seems to be pretty close to where they are at now. So we're almost half of the series behind? That's not good. :(

No, I don't know of a faster source.

I remember reading that H-manga where people died. Supposedly the author's stories go pretty crazy. But it's not a yandere H-manga.

Kyouhaku II? I got kind of confused because I'm more used to the Blackmail 2 title.

Something funny happened yesterday. I got the subbed version of an H-anime ep 1. I watched the whole thing a few days ago. Then yesterday I went to get the raw version of it. I realized that the subbed version was sitting right next to it on the same page so I spent another hour plus getting the subbed version. Then I realized that I already had the subbed version. That was a waste of time.

Yeah, I just noticed the H-anime titles for the month. I wonder why they all come out at the end of the month? There are six of them at least.

EDIT:

Okay, what happened at the end of Euphoria ep 3?:
Did she kill him because she became too happy? She's not supposed to be emotionally happy so she was conditioned to kill the guy if she became too satisfied? That ending was kind of messed up. I wonder if that game actually had a happy ending or not.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:I remember reading that H-manga where people died. Supposedly the author's stories go pretty crazy. But it's not a yandere H-manga.
What??! I hardly remember ever reading something like that...do you still by chance know the title of it?
Keropi wrote:Something funny happened yesterday. I got the subbed version of an H-anime ep 1. I watched the whole thing a few days ago. Then yesterday I went to get the raw version of it. I realized that the subbed version was sitting right next to it on the same page so I spent another hour plus getting the subbed version. Then I realized that I already had the subbed version. That was a waste of time.
This actually happens to me sometimes too. Its because I don't have a good way of sorting and often have to search between a few possible storage locations and sometimes one has it and not the other, especially if I only have the Japanese title and the one I'm looking at goes by English title or reverse...that's what it means to be a file manager huh?
Keropi wrote:Yeah, I just noticed the H-anime titles for the month. I wonder why they all come out at the end of the month? There are six of them at least.
Seems like its quite often like that, I also noticed summer(July, August) has more adult anime coming out than the rest of the year, interesting tread.

And I have no clue what happened in Euphoria, need to wait for a subbed version to find out...its kinda of interesting though since I don't often see them with bad endings, this one seems to be bad ending all the time, hopefully another chapter is coming out in the future, I'm waiting for a particular character.