Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Yandere/Yangire/Netorare Thread

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Definitely looks like a plot driven game, theres a torrent on this on a chinese site, but might not have any seeder left unfortunately. I'd like give this a try when opportunity present itself, since it has english sub. Then again, its supported on win95/98/2000 so not sure if it'll work on win8. But I do remember viper F40(1997) still worked on windows7. Strangely some really old games worked on new systems but many games that are less than 10 years old won't.

Pre-ordered tales of xillia 2 from bestbuy, surprisingly they shipped it out a few days even before the release date, but even more surprisingly its 2 days past release date and its still not here! That slow UPS, I wonder what kind of shipping method they used. I can hardly wait but still they make me wait-_- need to use ebay next time, would save on the sales tax too.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I feel sad watching that first story again, but it was quite good. That video is definitely NSFW, but they never went full H in the first story.

I hope you got the game by now.

Looks like the RPG genre is becoming popular again, but it's being done in a different way than previously. Besides all the Hero and Maou stories we've been getting lately there are a number of novels containing RPG and Gamer ability stories. In that "Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari" novel and manga you have a guy that is pulled into an RPG world. He can gain abilities and status updates by accomplishing various tasks. It looks to be an interesting story. Boy, there are so many stories with gamer ability characters and reincarnated-with-old-memories characters out there right now. Some of these characters have seemingly useless skills, but they exploit loopholes and grow to become powerful. It's fun watching them develop and amaze the people that previously didn't think much of them.

I finally got to read some of that yangire manga "Ana Satsujin". I have to check two manga sites to catch updates these days. Batoto has removed a number of their manga and they don't update them now, but Ana Satsujin showed up as an update somewhere else.

EDIT:

"Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki" is another leveling up manga/novel, but it's more comedic and light hearted.

EDIT 2:

There was a funny School Days anime joke around the 19 minute 55 second mark of the Noucome OVA. I'd post a screencap, but it would probably be better if you saw it for yourself first hand. They were making a long joke about him being caught in a ren'ai game-like world and then the School Days joke popped up near the end.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Man, I played Xillia 2 like a crazy maniac...got the game on the 23rd and already clocked in over 100 hrs. Although I think 1/3 of that time was me pausing the game eating and doing other stuff. Almost at its end but theres still the post game stuff to be done so that's be maybe another week or two. Got to admit the plot is nothing epic like the first one and is pretty much Indemnity for the first game, and lots of grinding involved, not to mention the micro size chapters...battle system is much better than 1st though and all the new features are nice as well.

I wanted to get Giniro but the file just had no more seeder so its stuck at less than halfway. That's the thing with chinese files, they are never revived once the prime seeder is gone. If needed they'd just create a new one.

That Ana Satsujin is legit man...thanks for mentioning it, awesome stuff. I took a break from gaming today and read all 36 translated chapters of it I could find. Although that's not saying too much considered each chapter is like 8 pages long-_-" Still, haven't seen anything this good since reading Mirai Nikki. I wonder what kind of Magazine its on because 8 page chapters just seemed way too short, is this normal on other mangas?

Will check out Noucome OVA during my next lunch break, is it a good anime? because there also seem to be a 10ep series.

And how this anime season going so far, what are all the series you're following right now? I figure its time to get a head start since its at more than 2/3 way now right? And Nyaa is finally back, they were down for days along with horriblesub due to a DDOS attack...which I heard its from Japan.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

So that's what you were doing eh? Sounds like fun. How can you tell how long you've been playing it? Does the game keep track of it?

I've been busy reading the "Mushoku Tensei" translated web novels the last seven days:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... oku_Tensei

I haven't done much in my free time except read that. I'm up to chapter 155. I come home from work and read all day. Then I go to sleep later than normal and think about it while I'm at work. Then read it as soon as I get home again. The perverted jokes are a bit too abundant for my taste and the romantic relationships make me frustrated and sad, but it's quite involving to me. Needless to say, the story has a TON of spoilers because the story length and structure. It's hard to read discussions about it even after you've read all of the translated chapters because a lot of readers are talking about untranslated chapters. :( I'll try to read older discussions on it after I read all of the translated chapters. AnimeSuki has 143 pages of discussions on the story and that's only after seven months time. There is a LOT to discuss about.

I'd lend you a Giniro game, but I already lent out two of them and didn't get them back. I don't have any to lend out now. :(

Unfortunately I had to stop reading the Big Order manga. It was made by the Mirai Nikki mangaka, but I just couldn't get into it. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't.

I thought Noucome was alright. It's a wacky comedy so either you like that type of humor or you don't. But I just wanted to mention that School Days jokes there at that one part.

I wasn't sure if Nyaa was going to come back or not. They had been gone for so long.

Alright, time to get back to reading Mushoku_Tensei a new story arc is beginning. There is another story plot to anticipate once again. :jump

EDIT:

Oh yeah, what series am I currently following? Up to last Thursday I was following:

My enjoyment rating:

1. Aldnoah Zero 8 of 12 (decent - 5.5325)
2. Akame ga Kill 8 of 24 (decent - 5.53125)
3. Sword Art Online II ep 8 of 24 (decent - 5.50499)
4. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 21 of 26 (decent - 5.5019)
5. Tokyo Ghoul 9 of 12 (decent - 5.49111)
6. Zankyou no Terror 2 of 11 (decent - 5.4750)
7. Tokyo ESP 7 of 12 (okay/decent - 5.45143)
8. Nobunaga Concerto 7 (okay - 5.43857)
9. Argevollen 9 of 24 (okay - 5.43778 )
10. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya 2wei! 5 (okay - 5.4280)
11. Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance 7 of 12 (okay - 5.42715)

That's about it. Sword Art Online S2, Agevollen and Akame ga Kill are not close to ending yet however.

Actually I seen Sword Art Online S2 ep 9, but I haven't added it yet.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Oh sorry, I forgot to say something. If you ARE going to watch Akame ga Kill ---- don't read anime threads on it before and while you are watching it because there are a LOT of spoilers in that story.

But it doesn't have as many spoilers as the "Mushoku Tensei" novel though. Mushoku Tensei might have 19-20 years of character development SO FAR. :P
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote: I've been busy reading the "Mushoku Tensei" translated web novels the last seven days
Looks pretty neat, I read through intro and 1st chapter and think its pretty good. Not sure if I'll keep going though.I tend to hate reading outside of necessity. Must be the textbook syndrome. The most reading I'm willing to do is usually visual novel games thats not too text heavy...and that's why I like to collect pictures lol
I'd lend you a Giniro game, but I already lent out two of them and didn't get them back. I don't have any to lend out now. :(

Man that just saids so much about how engaging this game really is :D
Unfortunately I had to stop reading the Big Order manga. It was made by the Mirai Nikki mangaka, but I just couldn't get into it. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't.
Yeah, I've read through 4 chapters and didn't like it very much either. Its not exactly extraordinary when the characters gets tagged with superpower persona, we tend to see that all too often in other manga and anime and this one certainly doesn't standout in that department. I think the authors just trying too hard to shadow his former glory so the success of his first formula is just keeping him from trying fresh ideas. and dammit, Nyaa is down again!

Oh yeah, what series am I currently following? Up to last Thursday I was following:
1. Aldnoah Zero 8 of 12 (decent - 5.5325)
2. Akame ga Kill 8 of 24 (decent - 5.53125)
3. Sword Art Online II ep 8 of 24 (decent - 5.50499)
4. Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei 21 of 26 (decent - 5.5019)
5. Tokyo Ghoul 9 of 12 (decent - 5.49111)
6. Zankyou no Terror 2 of 11 (decent - 5.4750)
7. Tokyo ESP 7 of 12 (okay/decent - 5.45143)
8. Nobunaga Concerto 7 (okay - 5.43857)
9. Argevollen 9 of 24 (okay - 5.43778 )
10. Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya 2wei! 5 (okay - 5.4280)
11. Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance 7 of 12 (okay - 5.42715)
is this rating out of 10? I've so far checked out some aldnoah zero, akame ga kill, tokyo ghoul and zandyou no terror and also kuroshitsuji, like aldnoah zero best. I'm tying to keep up with Mahouka but this oniisama crap is really getting to me and I've been skipping eps on the series. I really dislike invincible main characters, unless its a she...only if its a oneesama.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That's the thing about the novel. I wish there were more pictures available. Roxy looks better in the manga than in the novel's pictures. I'm wondering how some of the other characters look like. I kind of hope they draw Eris's eyebrows differently in the manga because I think they look kind of weird. The novels get pretty sad sometimes. I couldn't help getting tears in eyes reading some parts. The slice-of-life parts might get a little boring at times, but they really make you feel how regular life was for them. The characters grow slowly like real life. Then the story hits you in the gut with the sad parts. There are happy and funny parts too. Don't get me wrong.

I want to see how Eris's mother looks like when the manga catches up to that part. I guess the manga will be the basis for a lot of the character designs of an anime...if there ever is an anime. It seems popular enough to get an anime, but after twenty volumes the story might still be far from over. If an anime would only hit the main parts I wouldn't mind seeing it. There are a few badass fights in it, but the novels are not action oriented. It is more about character development.
I'm pretty sure they just forgot about it.
is this rating out of 10? I've so far checked out some aldnoah zero, akame ga kill, tokyo ghoul and zandyou no terror and also kuroshitsuji, like aldnoah zero best. I'm tying to keep up with Mahouka but this oniisama crap is really getting to me and I've been skipping eps on the series. I really dislike invincible main characters, unless its a she...only if its a oneesama.
No, that's just my personal rating system. I've been rating anime that way for so long that it's hard to change. After every anime episode that I watch, I rate each episode with a number and then average out all of the episodes that I've seen. So 5.38 is a borderline 6.00 (fine) MAL rating. A 5.47 is a borderline 7.00 (good) MAL rating, etc. It's only based off enjoyment and not quality. I also compare the same numbered episode to each other up until the twelfth episode so the rating spreads are spaced properly.

I seen this article on Nyaa from Torrentfreak:
http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-out ... es-140904/

Nyaa being down explains why even though I was so many days behind, it was not hard for me to catch up again.

DameDesuYo has a less censored versions of Tokyo Ghoul in case you didn't know.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Beat Xillia 2!! Finishing post game stuff now but don't think I'm gonna bother with post game dungeon's ending since it requires beating the place 8 times, which would be a waste of time, more so than usual. Prably just check out that ending on youtube or something. My party is now lv132...its time for a permeate break. Main game ending was pretty good, but overall I still like the first game much more. For a sequel though its not bad.
Keropi wrote:]
I'm pretty sure they just forgot about it.
Yeah, that or maybe it had a sword art online effect on its players :D
No, that's just my personal rating system. I've been rating anime that way for so long that it's hard to change. After every anime episode that I watch, I rate each episode with a number and then average out all of the episodes that I've seen. So 5.38 is a borderline 6.00 (fine) MAL rating. A 5.47 is a borderline 7.00 (good) MAL rating, etc. It's only based off enjoyment and not quality. I also compare the same numbered episode to each other up until the twelfth episode so the rating spreads are spaced properly.
So every 0.09 is a higher level of rating? That sounds like a really sophisticated system there, whats the highest possible score for series and ep?

I seen this article on Nyaa from Torrentfreak:
http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-out ... es-140904/

Nyaa being down explains why even though I was so many days behind, it was not hard for me to catch up again.

DameDesuYo has a less censored versions of Tokyo Ghoul in case you didn't know.
Yeah its still down, I can smell the conspiracy cooking up, wonder if they'll lunch a Nyaa 2 with some protection...luckily bakabt is still up, and there are still many older anime OVAs and movies I can check out. Tokyo Ghoul is getting pretty good. I've seen quite a few comments complaining about censorship, its quite a big censor they have though.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Beat Xillia 2!! Finishing post game stuff now but don't think I'm gonna bother with post game dungeon's ending since it requires beating the place 8 times, which would be a waste of time, more so than usual. Prably just check out that ending on youtube or something. My party is now lv132...its time for a permeate break. Main game ending was pretty good, but overall I still like the first game much more. For a sequel though its not bad.
Eight times? Wow, that's a lot. I can't spend that much time on a game. There are just too many things to do. That's why I destroyed my Civilization 3 game. I was spending too much time on it.

I found some more translated chapters to Mushoku Tensei so I'm reading those. The interactions between the characters are amusing especially later on when the characters are teasing and flirting with each other a lot. It's quite funny. :D Apparently the original web novel was considered 18+ that's why there's so much mature subject matter going on. The first four published volumes are rated 15+ so they toned down some of the stuff, but it's still essentially the same story.

I've been rating the anime episodes I've seen since 1996, but I only rated them numerically in the last ten to twelve years. I used to rate them by tenths like 7.4, but that wasn't precise enough so it became hundredths. Later the average rating went down to five digits like 5.45312 because rating them to only four digits wouldn't change the average rating enough near the end of 2-cour length shows. I used to rate nearly all individual episodes in the 3.00 to 8.00 ranges, but the spread kept getting smaller and smaller. It eventually shrank to where it's at now, but it's still getting smaller. I keep feeling that an anime I watched before is better than what I'm watching now. So it becomes hard to rate a current anime as high as something I liked a lot in the past. It's that kind of thing.

The highest I rated an anime episode in the last couple of years is probably around a 5.67-5.70 level, but I rarely go over a 5.60 during the course of a season.

Yeah, somebody is doing something to Nyaa and I wonder who it is? Batoto doesn't have as much English manga and web comics compared to before. Naver wants their ad revenue so they're not happy with aggregate manga sites. They wanted their stuff taken down from those sites. RPG stories are definitely becoming more popular again. I wonder if Maou/Yuusha had something to do with this recent trend? Maybe it's a gaming trend too?
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Well, so nyaa is back again, doesn't seem very stable yet but better than nothing. I think I might have some weird bandwidth restriction now, files are finishing very very slowly, like 1/3 ish speed from a few month ago. Sure my new laptop is not very fast, but somethings not right.

I've started watching tokyo esp and was pleasantly surprised by garei zero main cast(and side cast) kicking off the ep...fan service right there. Loved that anime so its really cool that this is taking place in the same universe.
Keropi wrote:I've been rating the anime episodes I've seen since 1996, but I only rated them numerically in the last ten to twelve years. I used to rate them by tenths like 7.4, but that wasn't precise enough so it became hundredths. Later the average rating went down to five digits like 5.45312 because rating them to only four digits wouldn't change the average rating enough near the end of 2-cour length shows. I used to rate nearly all individual episodes in the 3.00 to 8.00 ranges, but the spread kept getting smaller and smaller. It eventually shrank to where it's at now, but it's still getting smaller. I keep feeling that an anime I watched before is better than what I'm watching now. So it becomes hard to rate a current anime as high as something I liked a lot in the past. It's that kind of thing.
Ah man, that's mad sophisticated rating system right there, have you ever considered just rounding off :P Sounds like great attention paid to detail though, so I guess you'll be set for many years to come and would always know which anime is overall just 1/10000 of a point better than the other :)

RPG stories are definitely becoming more popular again. I wonder if Maou/Yuusha had something to do with this recent trend? Maybe it's a gaming trend too?
Not popular enough gaming wise, not here in the states. Japan has a short list of RPGs almost monthly on ps3 console, over here its all shooting games. Only RPG amongst RPGs gets localized(except for that NIS company), PS3 had it worse than ps2, PS2 was the good days even over here...and ps4 has no game, period. Its sad to see remakes of classic with tuned up graphic such as final fantasy X and tales of symphonia. Its also sad to see good RPGs that's been out for more than 5 years go for above the MSRP...not because they are once in life time masterpieces, but because there are no other good games of same genre that was translated. Its sad to see pointless games like Grand Theft Auto 5 to be #1 on popular list of ps3 on gamefaqs.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm only up to episode 7 in Tokyo ESP. The production values seem decent, but I think the tone of the anime is a little too serious compared to the manga. The manga was mostly light-hearted in tone. There were a number of parodies of popular culture in the manga. The manga didn't take itself too seriously and there were a number of humorous parts. If the anime is too serious then I subconsciously compare the anime to action dramas. If Indiana Jones were taken a little too seriously I don't think that would be ideal either. Oh well, it wasn't easy to adapt the same tone as the manga so I can't complain too much about it. :D
Ah man, that's mad sophisticated rating system right there, have you ever considered just rounding off :P Sounds like great attention paid to detail though, so I guess you'll be set for many years to come and would always know which anime is overall just 1/10000 of a point better than the other :)
The numbers change over the years, but the most important aspects of the seasonal lists are the order of the anime, the amount of separation between each title and where the anime stand in relation to the MAL ratings. Different anime compare well only within the same season.

Looking at the popular shounen/seinen novels and manga, I noticed that these types of stories seem to be popular right now:

1. Gamer ability stories
2. RPG stories
3. Maou and Yuusha stories
4. Reborn/reincarnated/reset/time loop stories where the main characters remember their past lives or time loop.
5. A guy with a powerful unique ability starts attending a new school. Often he's challenged by a powerful tsundere girl because he "offended" her somehow.

Maou/Yuusha stories might be decreasing. We've already had several anime come out about Heroes and Demon Lords. There have been several "Guys with powerful unique abilities" anime to come out lately -- Blade Dance, Dragonar, Mahouka, Absolute Duo (later), etc. The only two Gamer ability stories I can remember that have been turned into anime so far were Noucome and Kanojo ga Flag. RPG anime...not many recent adaptions. I miss RPG anime. Reset stories...I can't think of any reset stories that have been adapted recently. That's an untapped genre. :D

Should be interesting to see what gets adapted next out of those five categories of stories. What is going to be the first of the recent reborn/reset/time loop novel or manga to be turned into an anime? I wonder. "Re Monster" and "Mushoku Tensei" are very popular, but I don't know if "Re Monster" would make a good anime. Mushoku Tensei would make a better anime, but the story is so LONG. Apparently it wasn't just me who got slightly reminded of The Wheel of Time story while I was reading Mushoku Tensei. :P
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I ran across these COMEDIC yandere/yangire anime music videos:

This video is pretty violent. Don't watch if you don't like gore. "You better get ready to die":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtBwaefnycU

This video is much less violent, but still has some in it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehkjSTmrbJY

Both videos repeat scenes, but they gave me a laugh :D .
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Nice videos, highlighted some of my favor moments from my favor chracters and also reminded me why certain animes impacted me many years back, such as those elfen lied scenes. Your first video was disabled on youtube mobile and I thought theres a age restriction, but that wasn't the case on computer, its strange how certain things cannot be played on phones.

I thought the chick from ep1 of Re Hamatora was a yandere/yangire, but can't say for sure which one she fits better. Too bad she didn't show up again after that.

Been finishing some series from the season, and the conclusions are all pretty lousy, seemingly setting up for another season...was there always this many inconclusive series in the past seasons? I used to consider that very unusual but maybe thats never the case.

Been looking through some of MURAO Mio's titles, namingly S to M ...it has a really bitter and persistent female anti-protagonist, which was quite to my liking and seemingly made the plot quite interested, to look at anyways, its such a shame no one even tried to translate them.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Nice videos, highlighted some of my favor moments from my favor chracters and also reminded me why certain animes impacted me many years back, such as those elfen lied scenes. Your first video was disabled on youtube mobile and I thought theres a age restriction, but that wasn't the case on computer, its strange how certain things cannot be played on phones.
Hmm...that's pretty strange.
I thought the chick from ep1 of Re Hamatora was a yandere/yangire, but can't say for sure which one she fits better. Too bad she didn't show up again after that.
Sometimes that happens. The yandere/yangire exits the story early and it never quite feels the same way again.
Been finishing some series from the season, and the conclusions are all pretty lousy, seemingly setting up for another season...was there always this many inconclusive series in the past seasons? I used to consider that very unusual but maybe thats never the case.
No, there used to quite a few anime TV series that would go 24-26 episodes (or longer), but the studios are risk averse now. They want to adapt stories early so the anime comes out while the original source is near the peak of its popularity. Anime TV series rarely have genuine endings anymore which is too bad. I miss those emotional true endings that we used to get in TV series. Often we only get First Acts in TV anime these days. If we're lucky we might get 75-80% of the story told. Then they make up something or alter something for the TV series ending.

Recently they've even stuck True Endings into separate OVAs and Movies. Usually those OVA and Movie endings are rather rushed. Well...they will probably turn out better than a made up TV story endings at least.
Been looking through some of MURAO Mio's titles, namingly S to M ...it has a really bitter and persistent female anti-protagonist, which was quite to my liking and seemingly made the plot quite interested, to look at anyways, its such a shame no one even tried to translate them.
That's a lot of titles on that list. Too bad they are not working on them.

I read up to chapter 207 of Mushoku Tensei and I had to stop because there are no more translated chapters to read. The next volume of fifteen chapters is supposed to come out in October. That should be interesting. I look forward to the new story arc because I want to see the area of the story that has not been explored much.

I was looking at some of my stacks of old, live action movies. I started thinking ---- is "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" and "Misery" yangire movies? "Leave Her to Heaven" is definitely a yandere movie though. Gene Tierney played a psycho woman. Lol :D

That NTR H-anime "Mahou Shoujo wa Kiss Shite Kawaru" was pretty bad in animation quality. If I was the producer of the game, I would want my money back. That was awful animation. It was so bad that it was almost funny. Someone should make comedic Gifs of the character's movements.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Say, have you read the manga "Dead Tube"? I've only read the first chapter, but that first was pretty crazy. It's a "mature" rated story.

There's a short three-chapter manga called "Tsugihagi na Kanojo" that I just finished reading. I recommend avoiding all the story ending spoilers and to just read it. It's not very long and it's easy to finish. Read it and find out for yourself how it turned out. Seeing the spoilers beforehand will ruin the story.