Resolved, thank you everyone!!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Resolved, thank you everyone!!

Post by Hakiri »

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if someone could help me. I ordered some animation artwork from a seller on here, which was shipped on September 4th.

Tracking number: CW740937602US
Shortcut link to tracking: https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... put.action

It has been 20 days now and the status hasn't updated from Acceptance and Dispatch to Sort Facility. I'm going a bit crazy with worry =( I contacted the UK postal services and they said there's nothing I can do except ask the seller to contact USPS. I have asked but no reply so far. I have also tried calling USPS from here myself, but my phone keeps cutting out or not connecting, I just get some static noise.
I really don't want to accept that it may be lost :( Even if I could get a refund, I'd rather just have the parcel itself, due to the contents of it being some wishlist stuff.

I was wondering if anyone might have advice on what to do. If there's anyone who could contact USPS on my behalf (I know this is asking a lot), I'd be so grateful and be willing to pay all phone charges, and even extra fee for helping me out - it's just that the contents of the parcel is more precious to me than getting my money back to some extent.

If anyone has any experience of this too, I'd be so grateful for any help.

Thank you so much for your time guys!
Last edited by Hakiri on Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: Please can someone help me with advice re: a missing par

Post by teggacat »

okay, so I'd be a tad concerned, but not crazy its lost yet, US Postal system has been going through some tough times with alot of sorting centers being closed, tracking international via Priority isnt all that reliable here either, it could be stuck in customs somewhere, and just not been scanned in overseas yet, I have had that happen more than once as a seller, actually the best results Ive had in this was one time a parcel [sent global priority] just disappeared off the tracking radar so I opened a "lost parcel" claim via USPS, and in less than 24 hours the parcel turned up, it was sitting in customs in Germany the whole time, just never scanned in, so there is hope for your parcel!! Be sure to keep us in the loop!
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Thanks teggacat, I was hoping it was stuck in UK customs but when I called, they told me that it hasn't arrived here yet. They told me it must be stuck somewhere back in the US, which, sadly they can't provide further information on. I'll keep trying and will keep fingers crossed. Thanks for all the support! ^^ it means a lot to me.

teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

it would be best for your seller to do some digging, it really doesnt take all that much effort, and it really could be stuck here somewhere, like I mentioned the US postal system is struggling a bit right now.....heck I've had issues with parcels just getting across one state sometimes, I think the sorting centers here are a bit overwhelmed...........but your seller should be able to help out here, its just the right thing to do.
Good Luck!!
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Speaking from experience -- this isn't totally unusual with anything USPS international lately. Most of my outgoing international packages go out pretty fast (within a week or so), but I've had a bunch that have seemingly disappeared for weeks at a time only to finally show up as leaving the country after lingering in limbo for 2+ weeks.

I'm with teggacat -- give it some more time before you worry too much. I've only ever lost one international package completely -- and that one had absolutely no tracking at all ;). The rest have always made it eventually.

EDIT: It may also depend on where your seller lives -- I have had no issues with domestic parcels & USPS, myself.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Have your seller try contacting for you since they will need to submit a claim if it is lost.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

I'm going to second what others have said. Tracking for international packages (other than those sent via express mail, which is super expensive >.O) is not very reliable here. There has been a lot of turn-over in various distribution centers, too, here in the US. So the USPS is in a bit of an uproar. Often, international shipping just takes a really, really loooooong time. Once, I bought a package from a seller here on Beta. This person was overseas, so they sent the package the equivalent of Global Priority in their country. With that type of shipping, the package should have been classified as "Global Priority" once it hit the US borders. Somehow ... my package totally disappeared. The tracking information was never updated ... phone calls from my end yielded no information at all. Basically, everyone's response was: "I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do." The seller, who also happens to be a good friend, contacted her local postal carrier, too. Same thing. Basically, we both thought this cel was gone for good, and we were both crushed over it.

About a month (maybe even a little more than a month) later, the cel showed up on my doorstep. I have no idea where it had been all this time, but it did arrive safe and sound.

So don't give up hope! Your package could still reach you! :friends:
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Thank you so so so much everyone for the support ^^ It really means so much to me - I was really worried but your comments really cheered me up and made me feel more positive about the situation.

And it seems to have paid off! Two days ago, the seller contacted USPS for me and they said they'd get back to him within 24 hours. And finally, before they got back to me, the parcel arrived on the 26th!! ^^ I'm really happy things worked out, even though there were some bugs with the tracking service - such a relief!!

Thank you so much everyone for all your help, kindness and support ^^!!!

teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Hakiri wrote:Thank you so so so much everyone for the support ^^ It really means so much to me - I was really worried but your comments really cheered me up and made me feel more positive about the situation.

And it seems to have paid off! Two days ago, the seller contacted USPS for me and they said they'd get back to him within 24 hours. And finally, before they got back to me, the parcel arrived on the 26th!! ^^ I'm really happy things worked out, even though there were some bugs with the tracking service - such a relief!!

Thank you so much everyone for all your help, kindness and support ^^!!!
:hello :hello :hello :dban :dban :dban :hello :hello :hello
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Re: Resolved, thank you everyone!!

Post by tex-chan »

Yay! I'm so happy your artwork arrived, safe and sound. Three cheers for happy endings! :D
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Resolved, thank you everyone!!

Post by Hakiri »

Thanks so much guys ^____^ am so so happy and surprised - tracking still even says it hasn't left the US lol XD