Excuses, Excuses (fun sharing)

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Matt
Juuyaku - Executive

Excuses, Excuses (fun sharing)

Post by Matt »

Hi,

You know, people are always making excuses. No matter how ridiculous they sound. I recently ran into some "frustration" with a cel I purchased. I reached out for help to remedy the problem and BAM! an excuse... After the smoke cleared, I realized how ridiculous this excuse was and thought, "Wow, this would make a great sharing post" :D I thought it would be fun to hear fellow collector's stories. I would like to say that I dont not want to start a flame war so I will be omitting my "sellers" name. Lets try and keep the fun in the excuse. Ok, here is mine....

I recently purchased a new cel. (Yay) When the cel arrived I noticed that there were quite a few large paint specs missing. The description of the cel said that it was in "excellent condition" The image of the cel showed no damage. Upset, I contacted the "seller" and told them what was going on. You know what they said? ...Ok are you ready?... *cough* *cough*.. I quote, "The paint must have fallen off the cel in transit. If you look in the package you should be able to find it." .... WHAT!?!?... it fell off in transit and I should be able to "find it"...... What am I supposed to do with it when I find it??? ... I can't believe it. That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. (cel talking to cel paint) "Ok guys, were almost at Matt's house, get ready to jump." I mean come on lol.

I thought this would be fun to share. I hope you have a good laugh. I don't want to start negative threads, but sellers please, if you are going to have a business of selling animation art. Learn about your product. :bubbles
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Excuses, Excuses (fun sharing)

Post by Nene »

First off: miss you Matt! (and keep literally missing you in RS chat) *huuuuug*

Sorry to hear about the cel problems :( The seller should have definitely packed it better!

I'm waiting to hear back on quite a large cel purchase myself. I'm actually waiting on an email asking what the cel number is because it looks very much like the one I missed out on nearly 10 years ago. I've been comparing images and they do look identical, so even if it's not the same it's one number out either way. But if it is the same one, it fills me with a warm and fuzzy feeling that certain things do come full circle after all and I'm in my right place in the world, etc. :)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Excuses, Excuses (fun sharing)

Post by zerospace »

That's a pretty interesting story, Matt, but I have to say -- something like it has happened to me as a seller.

This was awhile ago -- I sold a cel on eBay, and I'll be honest, I have no idea when the damage occurred to it. The buyer told me that there was a somewhat large chunk of missing paint on the cel when it arrived. By his description, I found it really hard to believe that I missed it, though the cel WAS bagged with a sheet of paper (I presumed it was stuck and said as much in the listing). So, at first, I suggested to the buyer that the paper likely caused the paint loss in transit (temperature changes), and that there wasn't anything I could really do about it -- the listing, after all, did indicate that the paper was probably stuck, hence the cel was already "damaged". He still wasn't happy with that (can't say I blamed him, but I honestly had no idea how the heck I'd miss a big hunk of missing paint like that!), so I offered him a partial refund because of the damage that wasn't specifically described. He accepted that offer rather than return the cel to me, and all was well ;).

My worst stories as a buyer usually involved really bad packaging and cels miraculously not getting bent in transit from overseas sellers. :P