SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL!

Post by Ichigos »

DID ANYONE ELSE WATCH THE FIRST EPISODE TODAY?!

I STARTED TEARING UP WHEN THEY SHOWED THAT OPENING SHOT WITH THE STARS & planets.

Thoughts? Did you love it? Loathe it? Thought it was just OK?

If you haven't watched it yet you can find it on Crunchyroll/Hulu etc.

P.S - I won some Jadeite gengas/dougas from the original anime today and I am extremely happy about that!
Last edited by Ichigos on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL!

Post by teggacat »

Ichigos wrote:DID ANYONE ELSE WATCH THE FIRST EPISODE TODAY?!

I STARTED TEARING UP WHEN THEY SHOWED THAT OPENING SHOT WITH THE STARS & planets.

Thoughts? Did you love it? Loathe it? Thought it was just OK?

P.S - I won some Jadeite gengas/dougas from the original anime today and I am extremely happy!

no, didn't see, but gosh how I love your enthusiasm!!
pass some of that around! Lets keep the excitement rolling!
:cheers
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Ichigos »

teggacat wrote: no, didn't see, but gosh how I love your enthusiasm!!
pass some of that around! Lets keep the excitement rolling!
:cheers
Haha! Yes~! :cheers

I woke up at 5 AM to watch it. It was available online at 4 AM my time but I didn't want to set an alarm for 4. I guess my body couldn't take it any more and decided to wake up by itself. Some people stayed up all night/morning just to watch it.
Image Image
Yuuki
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Yuuki »

Haha XD It was on at 6am for me (which isn't tooooo bad, I wake up at 7am for work!) and I set 2 alarms on my phone, but I somehow turned them *both* off in my sleep and slept until 7am sharp, waking up going "I've missed something in the universe... shit!"

Being an animation major, some of their animation/design decisions make me kinda cringe, but at the same time, I know the motivation behind their decisions and no one is paying me to work on the show, so nothing I can say will change things LOL! I'll still watch it and be thankful that Mamoru immediately has purpose LOL and Ami is showing up right away! The preview for ep2 actually looks like they addressed some of my concerns anyways, so YAY :D
http://toppegged.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp - Tracy's Cel Collection
http://teaelleharris.tumblr.com/ ~ TeaElle Art and Animation
Ichigos
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Ichigos »

Yuuki wrote:Haha XD It was on at 6am for me (which isn't tooooo bad, I wake up at 7am for work!) and I set 2 alarms on my phone, but I somehow turned them *both* off in my sleep and slept until 7am sharp, waking up going "I've missed something in the universe... shit!"

Being an animation major, some of their animation/design decisions make me kinda cringe, but at the same time, I know the motivation behind their decisions and no one is paying me to work on the show, so nothing I can say will change things LOL! I'll still watch it and be thankful that Mamoru immediately has purpose LOL and Ami is showing up right away! The preview for ep2 actually looks like they addressed some of my concerns anyways, so YAY :D
Oh nice!

How do you feel about the addition with CGI?

And If you don't mind me asking I noticed you were from Canada and was wondering where you are taking animation!? I am a film major in SK but the only reason why I stayed here is cause it was close to home and because I didn't think I was good enough to go to a school that has specific animation courses. There's only one animation course in my university and it only comes around every few semesters. >_<

I'm glad that Ami showed up right away. I'm mainly excited to see all of the Shittenou though. c:

Edit: Meep. I just went to your Tumblr and found out! I'm just curious cause I've been looking at schools.
Image Image
Yuuki
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Yuuki »

Ichigos wrote:Oh nice!

How do you feel about the addition with CGI?

And If you don't mind me asking I noticed you were from Canada and was wondering where you are taking animation!? I am a film major in SK but the only reason why I stayed here is cause it was close to home and because I didn't think I was good enough to go to a school that has specific animation courses. There's only one animation course in my university and it only comes around every few semesters. >_<

I'm glad that Ami showed up right away. I'm mainly excited to see all of the Shittenou though. c:

Edit: Meep. I just went to your Tumblr and found out! I'm just curious cause I've been looking at schools.
Ooo fellow prairie person (though I'm from AB originally) :D you've found me at Sheridan! I'm in the classical animation program. Its boatloads of fun (read: REALLY REALLY HARD EXHAUSTING LIFE-FORCE-DRAINING WORK... that is much fun :) ).

The CG henshin looked kinda hokey and everyone I've spoken to so far about that kind of agreed. Its not baaaaad, but think they were stuck between a rock and hardplace, because they had to contend/compete with everyone's love of all of the BSSM henshins, so they were like "we need something unique and spectacular!!" but I think they went a bit too far. A normal 2D henshin with less bells and whistles would have been fine (its only her first henshin!). I really liked how it started off though, with her in the blue silhouette - that was super pretty. Ami's in two weeks though and I'm excited for hers!

But, to counterbalance that, I know that Photoshop is an amazing beast, but DAMN aaaalll those backgrounds looked like they weren't CG, or even gauche, but watercoloured. That's amazing. If it's just a Photoshop brush/effect/texturing, props to them for the mimic, but unf, watercolour BG.... so nice and rare (most BGs are painted in gauche)

Sometime today I think they're announcing the new dub cast at Anime Expo, I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing the new girls :D
http://toppegged.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp - Tracy's Cel Collection
http://teaelleharris.tumblr.com/ ~ TeaElle Art and Animation
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I saw the premiere at Anime Expo and wasn't too impressed. It's not that I hate the CG, but it just looks too much like PreCure. I like that the character designs seem to be *slowly* incorporating the style used in the final three Sailor Moon seasons with manga embellishment and I would like to see the anime become a mixture of both styles. I can deal with the elaborate hair styles as long as the eyes aren't spaced too close to each other.

I liked the part of the OP where all the Inner Senshi are shown utilizing their attacks. I thought that that was the best part of the S OP, and I'm glad to see it used here.

I did not like Sailor Moon's new transformation. Those feet. Eep - they look horribly drawn. Yeah, give me the old transformation any day over this new one.