Best Place to Buy Art in Japan

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Bockamos

Best Place to Buy Art in Japan

Post by Bockamos »

Hey

I know there's probably and old post here about this. I'm going to Japan next week and would love some opinions on where everything thinks is the best to purchase cels, gengas, dougas, etc. I'll be traveling all around Japan, so the more locations the better :)

Thanks
"EXODIA, OBLITERATE!!!"

nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Re: Best Place to Buy Art in Japan

Post by nowherekid85 »

In Tokyo, you should go to Nakano Broadway. They have a lot of Mandarake stores there. That's also where Commit was (is?). If you read another post about that shop, it had closed for a while, but I think it may be back up. That was the best place for cels by far that I found when I went to Tokyo. There was another shop that had a much smaller selection of cels in Nakano Broadway as well.
Bockamos

Post by Bockamos »

Thank you. I'll definitely make sure I check it out and you've been a great help
"EXODIA, OBLITERATE!!!"

Gabe
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Gabe »

For cels there have been 3 shops at Nakano.
2nd fl. there is AWS Lots of sketches, cels and some Rilezu/Repro cels.
A few weeks ago they had a bulk with DB cels in the shop.
They held a Leiji Matsumoto exhibition on the 2nd fl. just in a different room in case you like to take a look. ^^

On the 4th fl. there is the Mandarake shop for the cels/sketches and the shop formerly known as Comit.

If you go to Sapporo there is a Mandarake they also have some nice stuff there from time to time.