A Slack Chat for Animation Art Collectors (Celebrating 1 year of Chatting!)

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
earl
Eiketsu - Mastermind

A Slack Chat for Animation Art Collectors (Celebrating 1 year of Chatting!)

Post by earl »

Hello AB!

I wanted to update this post because the Animation Art Slack Chat is Celebrating it's first birthday! 1 year ago (on December 10th, 2015) I had only been collecting for around a year and was searching for other people to chat about animation art with. At the time, I wasn't aware of AB. I posted about the chat on RS, had a few people join, learned about AB, and posted about it here. The rest is history. During the last year we have been a small but very active community. With only 26 members, we've amassed:

103,000 Messages
2,987 Uploaded files.

That's approximately 282 Messages and 8 files a day. I've gained some wonderful new friends and it has been a ton of fun. I'd like to take this opportunity to extend another invitation to any other collectors who would like to join us. Details on how to sign up can be found in the original post below. If you have any trouble joining, please don't hesitate to PM me.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello All!

I'm pretty new to your community here (and fairly new to animation art collecting in general). That being said, I've always found it nice to have a place to chat in real-time with people who share your interests. I know AB had a chat (and that there were a few other IRC chats dedicated to animation art collecting), but I was unable to find any that still existed. With that in mind, I created a Slack chat for people who collect animation art. I mentioned it in my introductory post in the People Pages section, but I thought it would make sense to post about it in a more general location and give a bit more detail. This is the link to join (you just need an email address):

http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ (It may take a few minutes to receive the welcome email after signing up.)

For those who haven't used Slack before, it is a multi-platform collaboration and chat program. It's very easy to use and has many of the same features as IRC (plus a lot more). You can share pictures and video directly in the chat, and the chat itself is continually stored (so you can go back and read what was said even when you weren't there). You can use it directly in your web browser or they have clients for Windows/Linux/Mac/iOS/Android/etc.

There are eight of us who have joined so far and it has been a blast. Anyone in the community is welcome. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Last edited by earl on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come join us in the Animation Art Collectors slack chat!: http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Re: A Slack Chat for Animation Art Collectors

Post by nowherekid85 »

There's 11 of us now!!! :jump

We were just thinking it would be great if anybody else wants to join in on the fun! A few of us are online quite a bit! We talk about art a lot, our latest items and finds, cel and sketch care, and most importantly, puppies! Who doesn't love puppies?! We kind of get off topic a lot, but it's all good!

Anybody else want to join us?! :D
Rook8z8

Post by Rook8z8 »

May be late to the party, but it's a cool place to chat about anything. Join us. :cheers
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Maybe set monthly times for a large group chat?
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Right now I think there's about 6 of us that are on there pretty frequently. A few I don't think I've ever seen online. Most of us that are on there more often are in the Eastern time zone. The chat is usually busier on weekdays too it seems.

13 people now, yay! Great number! :D
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

nowherekid85 wrote:Most of us that are on there more often are in the Eastern time zone.
Yeah...usually by the time I'm online, y'all are in bed. Alaska Time in 4 hours behind Eastern.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Lol yeah, and I'm a fan of going to bed early and getting up super early. There is another person in the group who is also in Alaska though!!
Rook8z8

Post by Rook8z8 »

I pop in and out between 8 a.m - 3 a.m ET
We're pretty good at keeping the ball rolling as well.
earl
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: A Slack Chat for Animation Art Collectors (Celebrating 1 year of Chatting!)

Post by earl »

I've updated the original post for the first birthday of the Animation Art Collectors Slack Chat! Happy birthday to us!
Come join us in the Animation Art Collectors slack chat!: http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Re: A Slack Chat for Animation Art Collectors (Celebrating 1 year of Chatting!)

Post by Jadeduo »

Actually there a quite a few people in the chat on the west coast... There is sometimes some overlap some of our east coasters are either morning people (Nowherekid) or stay up all night... (Rook)...

Me and Earl tend to leave up the page when we are at work so there is generally at least 1-2 people in there at all times. Weekends are generally slower, but I will pop in from time to time when updating.

IT really is super fun I recommend everyone popping in just to chill!

:jump :jump

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHAT!
"Any idea is a good idea except the non-happy ones. Those we push down deep inside where you'll never, ever, ever, EVER find them!" - Princess Unikitty

http://www.jadeduo.net Please Stay By My Side, In My Dreams - Sailor Moon, DBZ, Cardcaptor Sakura, Saiyuki, Gundam Wing, Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi, Junjou Romantica, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Tsubasa...

Actively Searching for: Saiyuki Burial (Anything), CCS Episodes 65-67, and Primo Sailor Jupiter Cels

Anime-Beta Annual Cel Contest - Grand Poobah, 2014, 2015, and 2016
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Grand Poobah, 2015
Anime-Beta Annual Sketch Contest - Survey Wench, 2016, 2017

Still lurking around Beta, but most days you can find me in the Cel Chat... http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/ Come Join US!
Also rebooted the FB page, you can find it here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/348416495554600/