Just venting, shipping frustrations

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Just venting, shipping frustrations

Post by jcaliff »

First it got stuck in customs. Now my package has been stuck at a sorting facility since Dec. 15. It was supposed to be delivered on the 18th. What are the odds that I'll ever receive my new cels and genga? argh. So frustrating. Feel like crying. Just ugh. I hope they eventually make it here. :bawl
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: Just venting, shipping frustrations

Post by jenn-b »

Starting mid-November, I had a parcel move from sorting facility to sorting facility...sometimes getting scanned several times in the same facility. It took almost 4 weeks for a 2-days shipment to arrive at my door...but it did arrive. As long as you see movement there is hope!

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Drac of the Sharp Smiles »

Ack! I hear you!! I hate hate hate HATE shipping in December. I had a package shipped in plenty of time to arrive long before I had to leave the state for my in laws'..... The "three day shipping" turned into almost two weeks. It sat and went nowhere for six days in one spot and three in another, according to the site. Then they put up a "your package has been delayed". (Well there's an assessment that doesn't take Sherlock Holmes... Larry Holmes could have figured THAT out.) Thankfully it arrived before I had to leave, but I was chewing my nails as it contained one of the highest wishlist items I've bought in a while. I feared it dumped on my porch to sit outside in the rain.... or worse, stolen, as has apparently been increasing in popularity this time of year. I've had all other shipments held until after Christmas.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

A friend and fellow sketch collector sent me a picture of the package he received from USPS on Christmas Eve.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (147.62 KiB) Viewed 3013 times
This box contained his Kickstarter reward from AnimeEigo - A very pricey Kenichi Sonoda sketch. The sketch is missing from the box and instead, several "box received in bad condition" signs were stamped all around it. The box was wet and warped. Needless to say, he is more than angry right now.

Sadly, USPS's insurance does not apply to artwork, so no telling if he'll be able to get his money back or a replacement sketch.
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

It finally arrived today! Thanks for all the commiseration. I hope everyone eventually gets what they are sent. So frustrating!
Photo 1.jpeg
Photo 1.jpeg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 2986 times
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

Glad to see your parcel arrive safely.

Wow Cutiebunny, I can imagine he'd be angry. What a state to receive a package in, and on Christmas Eve :o
Serendipity_Collections
Shinigami - Moderator
Shinigami - Moderator

Post by Serendipity_Collections »

I would be ticked off as all heck. What on earth... how can the PO say Insurance doesn't work on artwork..? That right there makes no sense to me. I buy insurance on artwork all the time and I never knew they didn't cover it. A few years ago artwork arrived to the destination damaged and the buyer filed a claim and was reimbursed but alas had to give up the entire package of items. But that was their choice and right to do so. They were reimbursed ... when did this change..?
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Speaking of messed up packages, this is by far the worst damaged box I have ever received!! No joke, it arrived like this! :O
At least the only item in it was a book, which somehow wasn't damaged or lost.

Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

DAAAAYUM....... And the book was still inside? I'm in shock. 8O

I'm now waiting on my package from my deputy and really hoping it arrives before I go to Hawaii on Friday. Otherwise, I'll have to have my husband check the contents when it arrives. Mind you, that would have a certain level of amusement in itself, but I would rather not put him through it. ^_^
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Serendipity_Collections wrote:I would be ticked off as all heck. What on earth... how can the PO say Insurance doesn't work on artwork..? That right there makes no sense to me. I buy insurance on artwork all the time and I never knew they didn't cover it. A few years ago artwork arrived to the destination damaged and the buyer filed a claim and was reimbursed but alas had to give up the entire package of items. But that was their choice and right to do so. They were reimbursed ... when did this change..?
I'm not sure it ever did. I read this thread and went to check because I routinely insure artwork packages, too. USPS.com's statements about restrictions and ineligible items for insurance say nothing about artwork not being eligible (or anything specifically relating to artwork under their non-payable claims list). The issue may just be that the items & package must be given up in order to make a claim for damage. Another issue might be that this was a kickstarter item, and thus there was no receipt for the individual item, thus no way to claim a specific amount for the missing item. The person's best bet would be to go back to the kickstarter campaign and complain about the damaged/empty package.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

Honestly, because you have to give up the contents of the package to claim any of the insurance, the only reason I insure at all is in case of complete loss. As in, the package goes missing entirely.

Some years back, I had the end of a package get damaged resulting in ONE oversized piece (of several pieces in the package) being damaged. I tried to claim the one piece but got told I would have to give them everything -- including all the perfectly intact pieces -- to claim any of the insurance at all. I was tired, so just basically gave them the finger and walked away. (Which is probably what they want, hence why they have such a stupid rule.) However, they said the same again when my husband and I shipped home some Christmas presents from his parents' and somehow a hole got punched in the side of the package breaking one thing in a box of many things. That time, I had more energy and argued it out with them to my win. They paid for the single item and I kept the rest. So you CAN win the argument if you have patience to bother, but you'll still have to give them the thing you're claiming.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Drac of the Sharp Smiles wrote:Honestly, because you have to give up the contents of the package to claim any of the insurance, the only reason I insure at all is in case of complete loss. As in, the package goes missing entirely.

Some years back, I had the end of a package get damaged resulting in ONE oversized piece (of several pieces in the package) being damaged. I tried to claim the one piece but got told I would have to give them everything -- including all the perfectly intact pieces -- to claim any of the insurance at all. I was tired, so just basically gave them the finger and walked away. (Which is probably what they want, hence why they have such a stupid rule.) However, they said the same again when my husband and I shipped home some Christmas presents from his parents' and somehow a hole got punched in the side of the package breaking one thing in a box of many things. That time, I had more energy and argued it out with them to my win. They paid for the single item and I kept the rest. So you CAN win the argument if you have patience to bother, but you'll still have to give them the thing you're claiming.
This is pretty much what I've heard as well (including the part about arguing with them about covering a single piece of a package without giving up the whole thing -- others have told similar stories in the past). The insurance I buy through USPS is a last resort, protection against a complete loss sort of thing, IMHO. I figure it's not to be used unless the package outright disappears or is so badly damaged that it isn't worth saving. But, if they wouldn't insure artwork at all, I'd stop buying it because it's a waste of money.
Drac of the Sharp Smiles
Kishin - Fierce God

No, you can still buy it. If they lose the package entirely, you get the insurance payment. They don't ask what was in it. At least, this was the experience of one person I knew whose package went *poof*. The post office was just like "oh well, here's your insurance" after they spent a few more weeks "looking" for it.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Drac of the Sharp Smiles wrote:No, you can still buy it. If they lose the package entirely, you get the insurance payment. They don't ask what was in it. At least, this was the experience of one person I knew whose package went *poof*. The post office was just like "oh well, here's your insurance" after they spent a few more weeks "looking" for it.
Oh, I know. I just meant that if USPS had actually amended their rules to specifically exclude artwork from being covered, I'd stop paying for the insurance on artwork packages ;). Unless I missed something when reading over what they won't pay for, artwork is not excluded in any way at this time.