Just an update from things on my end!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Just an update from things on my end!

Post by Sui Kune »

Hello everyone! :D I'm very much still alive, and I feel terrible for not being more active.

Within the past year my health has taken a big downturn (fatigue even more severe, chronic neck, head, and widespread pain, depression, all that fun stuff), along with a sudden eviction since my landlords had to move back into their house. I'm not homeless though, I'm back living with my parents, but pretty much all my things (except the artwork, I kept them all with me) are in storage. (Going on 8 months and no luck finding a place me and my sewing mentor/roommate can afford.) So both these things (and the recent explosion of new Sailor Saturn merchandise) have resulted in simply not having the funds to add more pieces to my collection recently. I'm very curious though to know what's been going on recently, particularly on the Sailormoon end of things! :) Feel free to share any treasured pieces you may have acquired within the past year or so!

Also, a huge bright spot in my life has been the latest season of Sailormoon Crystal. While the Dark Kingdom and Dark Moon arcs definitely could have been better (I still enjoyed them though overall), I've been just blown out of the water by the improvements. I could honestly just kiss the character designer, animation director(s), writers, storyboarders, pretty much everyone that made the improvements. I've always held Hotaru in such a special place in my heart, and I could just cry at how amazingly well she and everyone else was handled. I'm also gnashing my teeth at Toei either outright discarding or hoarding their production artwork, even knowing that it would probably be the case. I'm still very much hoping that somehow, even if it ends up being years down the road, that the artwork surfaces and finds their caring homes.

So tl;dr, I'm alive, even though I've been terrible about being around and I really feel terrible about that. I do also have a Twitter for anyone that uses it (@suikune), a Tumblr for various nonsense (http://sui-kune.tumblr.com/), and all my collection websites are still active and updated as needed. :) (I should really also be more active on the FB group, I just really hate FB. XD;; )