I want to share my Japan trip with you guys!

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

I want to share my Japan trip with you guys!

Post by eyes0nme19 »

It's been way too long since I've visited this forum. I couldn't resist visiting again because I'm now currently in Tokyo! Just wanted to share with you guys my experience and the places I've seen so far. It's been freaking awesome and fun. I'm currently staying in Akasaka, I've visited Harajuku, Asakusa, Shinjuku, Akihabara, and Nakano so far.

The train metro system here, I gotta say...craaazy but efficient. Once you get the hang of it, yeah. It's pretty cool, as long as you avoid rush hour!

Food is delicious here. So far I've tried udon, bento, crepes, takoyaki, onigiri, curry, hamburger steak, pasta, tonkatsu, karaage, melon pan, shaved ice...My goal is to try everything I've seen on anime lol. They seem to love coffee and milk teas here, so that's all I've been drinking! Even the instant ramen noodle cups are super good. I've been going to 711 like every morning cuz I wanna try everything! I have yet to try sushi or legit ramen, but I'm assuming it's gonna be awesome too.

I have to mention Nakano Broadway, the amount of cels and sketches in the little shops here are mind blowing. I've stopped buying cels for 2-3 yrs now. But here I am, buying a few more again hehe. Never realized how huge mandarake is over here. I got to see all the big auction pieces in display at their store.

And before you ask me about the cels and sketches I've seen, I absolutely can not speak a word of Japanese, which is embarrassing because I watch so much anime. But the ppl here have been really nice and tolerant of that. Its a miracle I was able to buy any cels at all, I basically Googled pics from my phone and hoped for the best :P (they either know it or don't)

Today I'm going to visit Tokyo tower to see the One Piece exhibit! So excited! For those of you that have been to Japan, do you have any suggestions of good places to eat or visit in Tokyo? I'm planning to stay a few more days until Aug 9. Probably gonna go to disneyland if nothing else.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: I want to share my Japan trip with you guys!

Post by Keropi »

It sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing. I wish I could go out there once, but it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen.
Ginta
Otaku - Fanatic

Re: I want to share my Japan trip with you guys!

Post by Ginta »

I don't know why I didn't see this thread before now. I went to Osaka in 2018 and 2019. The first time I took a Shinkansen to Tokyo a couple of times. I originally was going stay most of the second week in Tokyo, but my plans got messed up when I couldn't mail packages on the weekend. Finally found cels like you did at Anime World Star in Nakano. I can't wait to go back.