My most dificult project so far, injured kitten

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

My most dificult project so far, injured kitten

Post by JWR »

Hi all,

With the Cell/Sketch market drying up I had to find other endeavors.

For the last year I have been attempting to rescue the kittens from a feral colony that live on the property that I work in the Orange County area here in Calif. I work at a car dealership so life expectancy for little ones is not very promising. So far over the last year I have caught , sheltered then gotten adopted homes for 5 kittens.

Now there is this little guy
6 weeks old 1lb .08oz

On Monday May 21 he got clipped by a car in our parking lot. It was very touch and go as to if he would survive the day or end up paralysed. The Vet gave him less than a 20% chance of recovery. Well he proved them wrong. He is now walking , purring and eating up a storm. 1st day home(Thursday) he knew how to use the litter box.
All is not roses though.
While he is not paralysed he does show some signs on have nerve damage especially in his right front foreleg. He can move it ok but lacks fine motor skills to control his paw. He was tending to walk using the back of his paw instead of the pad. My vet is trying to see if using a splint for a week will help him keep it in the correct position and allow the nerves to heal. It may take months for nerves to fully heal or they may never.

So my project will be to find him a home that will be willing to take him know that he may never get back to 100%.
If you know of anyone please have them contact me.

Thanks,
Joe - JWR
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
transatlantique

Re: My most dificult project so far

Post by transatlantique »

What a cutie!

I don't know if you use Instagram but there is a very active community of rescuers/foster parents and cat lovers. Hannah Shaw, aka kittenxlady is a huge advocate for special needs cats. Definitely check it out, you might even be able to contact her for advice!
Always collecting: Cardcaptor Sakura & Sailor Moon
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

What a cutie!
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by jiangdc »

wow
Neko!
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
JWR

Post by JWR »

This mornings photos , he seems to be getting better each day

I got a video of him scampering all over the living room like a bat out hades but for some reason photobucket will not allow me to load it

"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
JWR

Re: My most dificult project so far, injured kitten

Post by JWR »

The little guy was placed in his "Furrever" home today

It looks the nerve damage in his leg may never heal but the person who got him fully understands that and was still willing to take him in.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: My most dificult project so far, injured kitten

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I'm glad you found him a home!