For Series, Separate Volumes, Or Perfect Collection!?!?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Which do you like?

Box sets with box art and or Separate DVD's!
71%
The Perfect Collection Snappy cases rock!
29%
I dont have a Box set, or a snappy case...
No votes
Booo! This poll sucks! Find something better to do when you are bored!
No votes

Total votes: 7

Juunana_Gou
Kishin - Fierce God

For Series, Separate Volumes, Or Perfect Collection!?!?

Post by Juunana_Gou »

Kinda bored, so Thought I might start a topic.
I was looking through my DVD's, and remembered how much I HATE the "Perfect Collection" DVD Book thing some series come in, you know the case that snaps together with DVD's on each side? (Not the bootleg books, the official "perfect collection" ones that snap together.) well anyways, I hate them, because they do not fit in my DVD rack and I have to put them somewhere else and it clutters things, and I dont like to put them with my Box sets cuz they dont have art on them and make the box sets look out of place. I only have a couple of them and I want to sell them and buy the DVDs again in separate volumes. But, I LOVE the DVD box sets with a cool box with box art, and separate DVD's in them, I just have something against those stupid perfect collection boxes, probably because I can NEVER close them right, I always screw them up, haha, and they take up more room then I have.
Even though the Perfect collecion DVD sets are cheaper then buying the Volumes separate, I rather spend the extra money so I have the volumes separatly in separate cases.

So which do you like better? Evil perfect collection boxes, or Box sets with box art and or Separate DVDs?
"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, With a bullet called life, yeah called life,
You know that every time I try to go Where I really want to be, It's already where I am, Cause I'm already there."
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

As long as it's a complete boxed set of DVD's, I don't care if it's perfect or not. I just like them boxed- it's neat and complete.

Up to now, I didn't know there was a difference between 'perfect' boxed sets versus plain old boxed sets. What's so 'perfect' about them? /?: I find that an odd term for them.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Golden Dragon
Senpai - Elder

Post by Golden Dragon »

I am with Elfstalker I like to have all the DVD's together and take up less space. :D
Kat

Thanks S17 for the great banner!!!!

I will smite you with my Blade of Honor! - Guan Yu
Mr. Yac
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Mr. Yac »

well the only series i've ever actualy bought was the cowboy bebop perfect collection, i think it's way better to get them all in one set instead of having to buy 20 dvds
Juunana_Gou
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Juunana_Gou »

Mr. Yac wrote:well the only series i've ever actualy bought was the cowboy bebop perfect collection, i think it's way better to get them all in one set instead of having to buy 20 dvds
Bebop is only 6 DVD's long, and it doesnt have a "Perfect collection" snap Box, I think you are talking about the Bootleg fold out book, the "perfect collecion" snap boxes are for ADV series only I think, thats what Im talking about. Think the only Box set Bebop comes in are the LE box sets that have all 6dvds, and a sound track and run for $400+.
"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, With a bullet called life, yeah called life,
You know that every time I try to go Where I really want to be, It's already where I am, Cause I'm already there."
Mr. Yac
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Mr. Yac »

nope i have the pefect sessions bebop fold out, it's 3 dvds and nope not bootleg either, i was just using the 20 dvd thing as an example for most other anime, i'm just saying i'd rather be able to get them all in one shot in a nice package then all seperate
Juunana_Gou
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Juunana_Gou »

Yeah, thoes fold outs are Bootleg, Bandai has right to released Bebop on DVD and they have only released it on 6 dvds and in LE Box sets. The Fold out is made by MAC, or Anime world or something, they are a bootleg company...
Cel Freak
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Cel Freak »

Boxsets allways. I really thing it's cool that studio's now put out the box set casing with the 1st DVD included with a T-shirt as well. All the series I've had in the past I would buy the dvd's seperate then they put out the boxset later on forcing me to sell the indivedual dvd's then buy the boxset which is real annoying. I have close to 12 boxsets right now and counting including 3 new ones I bought at Anime Boston.
"This is not an act of mercy. This is to teach you the pain of living."-Legato Bluesummers
magus11
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by magus11 »

1 have only 2 boxsets which i prefer to have oh and those bebop fold out perfect sessions are bootleg the actual perfect collection set coms in a huge box with all 6 dvds and the soundtrack and i belive some photocopied sketch of spike if im not mistaken
Juunana_Gou
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Juunana_Gou »

Cel Freak wrote:Boxsets allways. I really thing it's cool that studio's now put out the box set casing with the 1st DVD included with a T-shirt as well.
Yeah those are cool, I have only seen them and have not bought one yet, do you know what the t-shirt is like? Like size, materials, quality and such.

Cel Freak wrote:All the series I've had in the past I would buy the dvd's seperate then they put out the boxset later on forcing me to sell the indivedual dvd's then buy the boxset which is real annoying.
I know! I really hate that, I wish they just sold the box seperatly instead of having to buy it with all the DVD's, because hopeless anime addicts like us just want the damn box! haha!
Cel Freak wrote:I have close to 12 boxsets right now and counting including 3 new ones I bought at Anime Boston.
Sweet deal! Which did you get at Anime Boston?

EDIT: BTW, CF, your new banner kicks ass!
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

boxsets are good. but only if the box is good. so no good box equals a bad box set that is no good. so dont buy no good box sets that are no good because the box isnt good. thats my opinion and i think it's a good one.

...... yes, more sleep. Sleep is good. 8)
Visit: Bleeding Orange - DBZ Cel Gallery
"It seems a demon has possessed your trousers... care for an exorcism?"
Cel Freak
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Cel Freak »

Juunana_Gou wrote:
Sweet deal! Which did you get at Anime Boston?
I got Suiziki,Noir,Gasaraki,Raxaphona and Vandred box sets. I also picked up a couple seperate DVD's. Spirited Away, Hellsing vol.4 to finish my boxset and also X/TV vol. 4+5, Noir vol.2, Argentosma Vol 2 +3.(please forgive my terrible spelling on some of the names)

Juunana_Gou wrote:
Yeah those are cool, I have only seen them and have not bought one yet, do you know what the t-shirt is like? Like size, materials, quality and such
The T-Shirts are cotton like normal T-shirts and I beleive they only put them in the boxsets as x-large, I'm not sure exactly but that's what all mine are. There brand new and shrink wraped in a plastic bag.

And thanks for the comment on the banner, thank you. I'm no pro like BO and 17, it took me a few hours. I'm a liitle rusty with Photoshop because I haven't used it in like 4 months.
"This is not an act of mercy. This is to teach you the pain of living."-Legato Bluesummers
Juunana_Gou
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Juunana_Gou »

Cool, Thanks for the info! =)
And thanks for the comment on the banner, thank you. I'm no pro like BO and 17, it took me a few hours. I'm a liitle rusty with Photoshop because I haven't used it in like 4 months.
hahaha, dont feel too bad, I cant even figure out how to put a soft edge around a image in Photoshop! haha.