Stupid question

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Are you tired of collecting cels yet?

Are you crazy?! Of course not!
44%
Yes! I'm sick to death of it!
3%
Slowing down, but not out of it yet
53%

Total votes: 32

glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Right after I said that I was slowing down I bought another Kamui from ebay, oh well, get them when you find them. 8)
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Understood. What was it like before he or she said that he or she was slowing down he or she bought another Kamui from ebay oh well get them when you find them ?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Darth_Bulma
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Darth_Bulma »

I am completely obssessed with cels. Sometimes it's like... "Do I really need to eat this week?" whenever I see cels that I just have to have. But that's just how I am, if it wasn't cels then it would just be something else collectable. :shrug
"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"-- thank god for that. :p
Court
Kamisama - God

Post by Court »

I'm slowing down because of lack of funds now but also the pickings are much slimmer. But what makes it easier is that I've had to stop after having had enough time to collect some nice cels, so it hasn't made me too sad.
I think we'd all still be buying like crazy if the most recent shows were still done with cels. Everyone would probably be fighting over Naruto, Wolfs Rain, Fruits Basket etc. Dougas are all very well and good but they'll never compare to real cels and watercolor backgrounds.
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Court wrote:Dougas are all very well and good but they'll never compare to real cels and watercolor backgrounds.
Hmm ... I dunno. I really love the genga/douga I have from CG shows. ^_^ Plus, you can always make a copy of your genga/douga, pop it in the mail and have a talented fan artist make you a fan cel from that. I've been contemplating doing that with a couple of mine. :D

*looks at time and yelps - gonna be late for work*

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

1,000 apologizes penslyvania statistics dude---may your F ratio be high and your p's < 0.05, may your SAS system calculate type III sums of squares properly and finally may you never have to do post hocs on a 3x3x3x3 interaction!
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

Yes, yes, and may the positive dividend functions never return a modulus. 8O

If you'd like, I could give you the stats for the smarminess of our posts. :P
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
Noriko
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Noriko »

I too have some beautiful drawings/sketches; some even look better than the cels!
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

--OT--
May your F ratio be high and your p's < 0.05, may your SAS system calculate type III sums of squares properly and finally may you never have to do post hocs on a 3x3x3x3 interaction!
Yes, yes, and may the positive dividend functions never return a modulus.

8O Erm...mmm.. uh, yeeeeah...

SPEAK ENGLISH!!

(just reading that stuff makes my brain hurt X| :l )

Lol, actually I'm quite impressed PS!! (who always thought his s/n was PA-state-dude :emb)
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

--Still OT--

When I picked this screen name I knew it could be viewed in about 4 or 5 different ways, which is why I like it. Gotta keep the people guessing! LOL :D
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

I voted for slowing down but not out of it yet. I am just to the point that I am only looking for nicer DBZ cels, and I am also looking more at different series as well. Seems like I keep bidding, however, less and less for myself. :P
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

8O hmmmm. I haven't bought anything in quite a while....
But I am so picky with what I want. Cels are really personal for me... each one I have bought around some major event - whether it be good or bad. I can't see myself stopping... but I have slowed... Saving so I can just whack down a rediculous amount when I see what I want...
(Believe me when I see something I really want... I don't stop)
...just one more
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Nathan, I completely agree. But, alas, I am weak and must also buy items from lesser series when I find something that is a deal. :?

And I really don't need any more cels, since I only have 141 more to get posted (as of 9/29/03)
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

You really do? Who needs more cels since he or she only have 141 more to get posted as of 92903?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Sakon
Kamisama - God

Post by Sakon »

I think I'm like Nathan - I have only bought news cels in the last two years at major events like Anime Expo or San Diego Comic Con... I haven't bought any cels online for about... ummm... 1 or 1 1/2 years until recently I *finally* bought two cels last month from E-Bay. I have totally slowed down because I simply haven't found any cels I like. However, I'm out for the long haul - I don't sell my cels, I collect to keep, so I make sure all my cels from now on I will cherish for a life time. :D And like Nathan - I save my money for a dream/wishlist cel that might pop up over time.

Garrett
"Forgive, But Never Forget." Anonymous