Stupid question

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Are you tired of collecting cels yet?

Are you crazy?! Of course not!
44%
Yes! I'm sick to death of it!
3%
Slowing down, but not out of it yet
53%

Total votes: 32

dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Stupid question

Post by dbzmomma »

I know this is a dumb question to ask on a cel forum, but is anyone here getting tired of collecting cels? I seem to be losing my heart for the constant search, the waste of time, the hassle, the angst.

I figure the ones that are out of it don't come here anymore. I keep coming here because I love you guys and it's fun. But the cel part.... well.... I'm getting tired of it already.

Let me know how you feel.
Vicci

Grand Reopening of Momma's Addiction Rubberslug Gallery!
Dragon_gal
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Dragon_gal »

Recently I have been thinking, why am I still doing this. I spend so much money on it, however I am constantly searching for more cels. Why? It seems to be like a bit of an obsession. I did nearly stop collecting or slow down to a snail pace with Dragonball cels, but then I found another anime that I really love to watch. That reignited the buying habit and I'm still buying regularly. I know I should slow down, but it is sooooo hard! I love to think that I own a little bit of the show, but I'm pretty sure that I am also addictid to some extent!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How do I know that you were really "thinking"?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

I do get discouraged when I miss out on what would have been a cel that would "complete" my collection of a certain character. I've missed no less than 3 this past week alone. *sighs frustratedly* But I do continue to keep an eye out on auctions, I just have not been checking keep track like I should, and have paid the price. :hurt: Life goes on though, right? :P

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Where did you get it?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Cloud wrote:Where did you get it?
:hammer :hammer :hammer

I didn't get it, thats the point of frustration. You're not helping either. :tongue

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

Eh, I float in and out. Usually I'm just too busy to be checking/watching keeptrack, auctions, updates. Because of that, I'm never able to catch updates on-time and end up missing out. Plus, money's a big factor. I'm still jobless and am just starting out family life, so I don't have much to spare when spending on cels. Right now if I want something, I have to sacrifice another for it. Hopefully that'll change soon. I've really slowed down my collecting, I remember when I was just in my first year of collecting it was crazy. But now I'm really happy with what I have, I was able to snag some major wishlists so I'm pretty content. I still like collecting, but with everything else (life) just going on, I don't have the time or patience.

It's also what Sheri said. I become very discouraged when I miss out on something. Especially when several show up and once and you miss all of them. :cry: Sometimes it's just too much to stress over.

Though one of my biggest thing now is that I'm really picky. I don't buy *nice* Vejita cels. If it isn't something that stops my heart when I first see it, or eventually can't stop thinking about it, I just won't buy it. Hence why I only have a couple cels per update.
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

I will stop buying for a month or so, or at least slow down -- but I haven't ever WANTED to stop searching/buying cels. Not yet anyways. All I have to do is pull out my cels and look through them all -- that reminds me why I started this hobby and why I love it so much. I'm really at the point where I could stop right now and be happy with all that I have. I'd be content and feel that my collection is complete. I still search just looking for something that catches my eye or that I think is really cool (which happens more often than you'd think. heh) :)
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

I voted for "slowing down". I just haven't had the time or money for quite sometime now. Plus, I don't know what I really want to collect from. I still check the updates, but when you're broke, what's the use? :l
ImageImage
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I hope that your candidate wins. Socrates was the smartest man, because he knew what he did not know.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

I stopped for almost 4 months, I never looked on ebay or yj or keep track or anything, then I realized what else is there to search for on the internet besides cels?
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

Cloud wrote:I hope that your candidate wins. Socrates was the smartest man, because he knew what he did not know.
It's just amazing what you come up with C loud :?
ImageImage
Govogeta
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Govogeta »

I voted for slowing down as well 8)
I am pretty content with the collection that I have
right now. Though I still do look just in case if something
I really really like comes along X| Stopping all together hasn't
crossed my mind yet, but I will say am much more picky
on what buy/look for than I use to be :)
dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by dbzmomma »

Yeah, I must say I'm content with the major cels I have. I'm thinking of selling everything off except my movie 6, majin vs goku and goku pan. Those pretty much define what I look for in a cel. And my SSJ3 Goku gengas. Everything else is expendable.

I may keep my eye out for another Ranma or 2, but they'd have to be pretty good and after watching 2 seasons, I'd have to say nothing really catches my eye except cels of P-chan. And I know which ones I'd want of him.
Vicci

Grand Reopening of Momma's Addiction Rubberslug Gallery!
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

i chose are you crazy. but i dont have the cash for the high quality cels, so my cel collection isnt that great.
then I realized what else is there to search for on the internet besides cels?
i know what you mean. the only thing i use my computer for is cels and diablo 2. well, maybe a couple other things :dgrin

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi