Stupid question

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Are you tired of collecting cels yet?

Are you crazy?! Of course not!
44%
Yes! I'm sick to death of it!
3%
Slowing down, but not out of it yet
53%

Total votes: 32

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Interesting. Have you ever had the cash for the high quality cels so his or her cel collection is not that great ?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

no, c to the loud, ive never really had that much money. and certainly not enough to compete for the top cels.

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

the only thing i use my computer for is cels and diablo 2
Amen! Cels and PC games -- what else is a computer good for? :P :P
Booze disappearing is a law of nature.

.:PD Blog:.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I've slowed down recently on my collecting frenzy and have narrowed my 'want' list. Now that I'm in between jobs and balancing 15 units of science classes, I have to be frugal on my buying. :l

However, I won't ever be quitting collecting. It may have crawled to snail's pace, but the passion will never end.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

I can't stop collecting cels, its addictive. I tried to take a break, but i ended up buying more :p

I don't think I'll ever get bored of collecting. There is so many cels out there that I want. But there have been times where I have thought to just stop collecting since all the good ones were taken. Like this one person has like 5 yugiohs and posted them on this other forum i dont go to often (This person had a cel of Seto, Mokuba, Yami Yuugi, Jounouchi and Bakura!!!) I did get discouraged when i saw them, but I kinda got over it eventually.

So yeah. I don't think I'll get bored till I have a very big collection to make me happy :)
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Majin_Vegeta_2028 wrote:the only thing i use my computer for is cels and diablo 2. well, maybe a couple other things :dgrin
pastadude wrote:what else is a computer good for?
I find myself too tired to smarm with you guys. I'll let you two take the lead for this week and I'll participate once you guys get it going...
--------------
As for collecting cels, I think I'm in the slowing down phase and have been for a while. Only when I see a spectacular cel do I bid to win. I know what I'm looking for now and those types of cels are becoming fewer I fear.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
nesuferit
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by nesuferit »

I'd have to say I've slowed down a lot recently too (or at least have tried to). It seems that when you don't have enough money to collect a lot you see major wish cels/artwork. Or at least that's how it has been for me recently :| Of corse I can't let them slip by and I have to try to get them *l*

It seems I've been doing a lot of what Echo said too
Right now if I want something, I have to sacrifice another for it.
And some of the things I've sold I really regret doing so..

I have one major wishlist item coming in from Japan and I have another cel that I absolutely love (which I'm not sure how long it's going to take to get it :|) so hopefully that will tide me over for a while :P

I am not even close to being content with my collection. I have so many things that I am searching for, it's pathetic! It seems like every time I even just browse around I find something that I really want *l*.

At this moment in my life I don't have a lot of money to spend on things like this and I actually shouldn't even be looking! I just have too many things to do right now and collecting cels isn't helping at all. :O
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

http://nepenthe.rubberslug.com
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I have not stopped and haven't really "slowed down" much, but I have gotten much pickier about what I buy. Money is tighter than I am used to, but when the right cel comes up I just find a way. I can go months without finding an X cel that really excites me and then I find two. 8)
I was going thru my cels this morning and am starting to feel that I have too many, but I don't really want to go thru the hassle of selling them. I guess that they will hang around for a while longer. X|
Maybe I would be more excited about cels if I had a gallery to share 8O :P
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
SS Kakarot
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by SS Kakarot »

I voted for: Are you crazy?! Of course not!

I started collecting Cels at the beginning of this year, and haven't been able to stop.
When I started I never thought that I would get this many.
I am very happy that I have been able to get so many awsome Cels.

It is very addictive, and most of the time I spend on the Internet is Cel related.

So I don't think that I'll be able to stop any time soon, altough my wallet says I should. :?
"The Dragonball Cel King" - celgami (05-05-04)
My Cel Galleries & Board:
http://sskakarot.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
http://cels.proboards33.com/
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Will you finish collecting Cels at the beginning of this year and have not been able to stop.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

soda wrote:
pastadude wrote:what else is a computer good for?
Damn you for tampering with my name!!! *shakes fist* :D :P
Smarmy Soda wrote: I find myself too tired to smarm with you guys. I'll let you two take the lead for this week and I'll participate once you guys get it going...
Oh, I can't believe you would think that I would have THAT on my computer! **starts backing up files to DVD**
And if someone mentions a webcam, I'm outta here. 8O :P

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I think [quotesoda][quotepastadude]what else is more than that.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
pastatdude
The Drunken Master

Post by pastatdude »

Even cloud can't get my name right! :tongue

:rollin

Sarah
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sarah »

I voted slowing down because I'm at the point where I have to sacrifice one to get another as well. I never thought cel collecting would become as obsessive as it has become for me, and even though I need to give my bank account a rest, I just can't! :P I used to constantly check "keep-track" every few hours, but now that I'm back at school I can really only check it a few times a day. :l Same with yahoo japan and ebay :(
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

The decision has pretty much been made for me lately. I have definitely slowed down over the past six months. I have not purchased a cel since Anime Expo, which doesn't really bother me at all. There really haven't been any Outlaw Star cels out there that have piqued my interest, and the ones I did bid on were lost. Still, I have a custom painting on the way that I really cannot wait to see. I don't think I am ready to leave the hobby quite yet because there are still one or two cels that I must find. When I get those, I'll probably call it a day.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.