Stupid question

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

Are you tired of collecting cels yet?

Are you crazy?! Of course not!
44%
Yes! I'm sick to death of it!
3%
Slowing down, but not out of it yet
53%

Total votes: 32

Cel Freak
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Cel Freak »

What a great poll. I voted for slowing down but not out of it. I have diffently slowed down big time in the last 6 months. I've cut my collection down big time to the point where I 'm only collecting from one series now(Trigun). I felt for me to get the most satisfaction out of collecting that I would just focus on 1 series. I was spending way to much money at one point. Now with just one series to collect from my spending is way down. And Trigun cels at least good ones only pop up once and awhile. I just bought my 1st cel in like 4 months of off Manderake auctions. It was that awesome Vash and Knives pan shot.
"This is not an act of mercy. This is to teach you the pain of living."-Legato Bluesummers
ogr81vegeta
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ogr81vegeta »

I definately slowed down. I have really bought cels in months. I don't have a lot of anime, but I do of an american cartoon. I get discouraged because they are so expensive to frame, I've only got like 6 framed. I hate spending so much money on something I can't look at all the time. I don't think I'd ever stop, just slow down at points. I've seen a couple of other shows I'd like to get some from. It's way addicting though :D
"Falling from heaven is not as difficult as surviving the impact"
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

CelFreak, congrats on the pan cel! /no1 I was hoping it would go somewhere I knew. It almost tempted me to start a Trigun section, but I already collect too many series. :D
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Fever's Break
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Fever's Break »

I voted for slowing down too. But it's more of a forced slow down. I frequently see cels that I would love to buy if I only had the money. But money is much tighter now than when I first started collecting last year and I have so many other things that are draining my already sad bank account. Due to my expensive tastes, I will only be able to buy a new cel every now and then when one comes along that I absolutely can't resist (like the Fuma and Kamui cel I just bought :D ).

But that hasn't dampened the urge to buy more cels. It would be much kinder if it had... X|
Life is too important to be taken seriously.
~Oscar Wilde
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Where is it, I want to see it :(
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Fever's Break

Post by Fever's Break »

/heh ...silly Glorff. I don't have it yet. It's a cel from the same sequence as your previous avatar. I got it in the last Museum update. I posted about it in that thread under the Clamp section. Slipped by you didn't it. :P
~Oscar Wilde
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Wait until you try to scan it. Those suckers are really big, hope you have a really big scanner or are good at splicing. I have decided to wait on doing mine until I get another hundred or so cels up, since you guys know what they look like 8O
Dave

Fever's Break

Post by Fever's Break »

:? I don't have a large scanner, nor do I know how to splice. I guess my scan will only be a small peak at the cel then. :roll: I can't wait to see how big it is. The detail must be incredible! :o

(Soda, don't even bother to comment on those last two sentences. Everybody knows what you're thinking anyway. :P)
~Oscar Wilde
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

If you want to scan the cel in pieces, you can email the separate scans and I'll try and splice them together. Save them as .bmp (they'll be large files) and PM me when they're ready to send so I'll know to watch for them. (I have my email set to auto-delete attachments, but I can go rescue them if I know what they are).

Try scanning them at somewhere from 100-150 dpi. :)

Sometimes I can get it to look decent, other times it's just so-so. :? Depends on how my computer wants to act that day. :P

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Do you file or delete your old emails? Really now that is an interesting fact I hadn't heard before.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

8O cel is 15.5" x 14.75"
Dave

Fever's Break

Post by Fever's Break »

Wow! Thanks so much for the offer Wolfie. :friends: But first I have to figure out what you just said...bmp.... dpi...... :? It does ring a bell. My computer skills are limited :sweatdrop , but I will figure this out. :D
~Oscar Wilde
Fever's Break

Post by Fever's Break »

glorff wrote:8O cel is 15.5" x 14.75"
8O Now that's big by anyone's standards. :wink:
~Oscar Wilde
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

Comment on your post? Who me? Remember I said earlier on Sunday, I'm taking the week off and letting PA Stat Dude, and MV2028 take the lead for the smarm this week.

Here's a scan of the cel:

[img]C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\ruse\museumpic.jpg[/img]

I grabbed it before FB ordered it from AM. Cool cel actually and I don't even know what's going on.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

I'm taking the week off and letting PA Stat Dude, and MV2028 take the lead for the smarm this week.
oh wow, a promotion! but i think its too early, i dont think i can handle that kind of pressure. better off keeping me on the farm team, where i can get more playing time to improve my skills. :D

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi