Worst Saga Ever

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

worst saga ever

Saiyan
6%
Namek
53%
Frieza
6%
Android
6%
Cell
No votes
Afterlife
29%
Buu/End of Dbz
No votes

Total votes: 17

Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Worst Saga Ever

Post by Dragonball1080 »

Besides the Garlic Jr sage for obvious reasons, what is your least favorite saga??? I know that everyones idea of the sagas are different, because they never really say it, but these are just the basics
dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by dbzmomma »

Weeeellll, since i was the first to vote....

Every saga had its good, bad and boring moments, but the Namek saga seemed kind of dumb in a lot of ways. Don't ask me why at this moment. I'll have to get back to you on that.
Vicci

Grand Reopening of Momma's Addiction Rubberslug Gallery!
Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

I agree alot, it dragged on forever, especially when they started gathering those fake dragonballs on that planet, what a waste of time
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

Yes, the Namek saga sucked. It sucked a lot. But the Garlic Jr. saga comes in a close second since it's nothing but filler trash. Though, I must admit, I enjoyed it a lot more than the Namek saga.

But I really don't consider there to be a Namek saga since I think that it's actually just part of the Frieza saga. But hey, that's me.
Darkman
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Darkman »

the freeeeeeeeeeeza saga. it was good but cn repeated it 5 times ina row, and i ended up hating it :lol:
Syxxth Munky
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Syxxth Munky »

The Namek saga! all talk and hardly any fights or actions! BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! Boo!
*Coming soon... It all starts... again!*
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

When I saw this topic, Garlic Jr. was the first saga that came to mind. Since that wasn't an option I chose my close second which was the Namek saga. The frieza saga was so damn long and they made it even longer with all the talking and will goose chases in the Namek Saga. It just made things drag out further. No action. What little action there was just sucked. Besides.....I prefer the new voice actors over the old ones. The voices from the Namek and Saiyan sagas just annoyed me to no end. Basically the Namek saga had more bad points than the others. :emb
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

BO,

like I said, the idea of sagas is really undefined, some people believe there are 4, saiyan, freeza, cell, and Buu, it just really depends on who you are. On the other hand, some people think there are many, like the journey to namek, namek, and freeza, I just put down as many as I could think of, some people also say there are veggetto, and gotenks, but yet, I just put down the main ones
Juunana_Gou
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Juunana_Gou »

I can't vote, I like all saga's, I can honestly say There is not one saga that I do not like, Even the Namek Saga. The Namek saga is actually a very good saga, The namek saga in English is very drawn out and boring, all the humor is taken out and they add and on 25+min of add on talking by making the mouths go over and over and over, Like in the Cell Games Saga, Juuroku Gou's head does not talk that long in front of Cell and Gohan In the Real Version(Japanese Version) He says Two or Three Short sentences and Then is Killed. The Namek saga is actually fairly short, I think two Eps shorter than it is in English (Been a long time since I saw it) Because they have to add talking and stuff to the namek saga to make up for all the Stuff they Cut out In the Freezer Saga, and probably still trying to make up time for the 45+min they cut out of the Saiyajin Saga.
That is My Opinion and answer to Yineth Poll.
-Peter
--Who will now Copie What SW Allways does,because he still has something to say. :D
--Who has nothing Good to say about Anime that is so Butcher it is given a bad name by some companies who adopt it and ruin it. *Cough*FUNi*cough* 8)
"I play Russian roulette everyday, a man's sport, With a bullet called life, yeah called life,
You know that every time I try to go Where I really want to be, It's already where I am, Cause I'm already there."
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Well, since the Garlic Jr. "saga" wasn't up I couldn't vote for that. ;) That just totally blew chunks. :P

I voted for the Afterlife arc of episodes - it's really not a true saga, but it sucked too. :tongue Talk about mindless filler episodes :roll:

I didn't care much for the early Namek saga, but once they got the filler episodes out of the way I enjoyed it. I really liked the fights between Vejita and Zaabon a lot.

Feh, all the American voice actors SUCK - the Japanese seiyuu rule. ;) However, I like Brian Drummond a lot more then the current Vejita. The current one sounds perpetually constipated. *tosses him some Ex-Lax so he can relax* :tongue I can't even stand to watch the dubs anymore though, once you've seen them in the original format theres no going back.

Sheri
-- confirmed sub-snob ;)

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

I damn well agree with SW, english suck, even the uncuts pretty much blow, you watch the Japanese and its 100 times better, I cant go back either, unfortunatly, I have had a taste of the Japanese, and now all I can find is shitty quality episodes, damn
Golden Dragon
Senpai - Elder

Post by Golden Dragon »

I will have to agree with Juunana_Gou. I can't vote either. All the saga's have good points and bad points. As far as, Japanese verses English... well I can't stand high pitched hero's but I would rather have the Japanese story line. I like the English actors voices, but I would rather see the Japanese story, so I grin and bare with both. :D
Kat

Thanks S17 for the great banner!!!!

I will smite you with my Blade of Honor! - Guan Yu
mightymask
Senpai - Elder

Post by mightymask »

Wow, I must say I was pretty surprised when I looked at some peoples anti-love comments about the Namek saga. THe Namek saga was my favorite - Frieza, the supreme villain who destroyed the planet Vegita along with all its inhabitants finally gets challenged by a legendary Super Saiya-jin (the first of the series!) - Vegita first shows signs of his goodness not to mention he gets killed for the first time! - Gohan comes of age putting up some good fights - Piccollo finds his roots - Ginyu!?!?! Pivotal Saga! - That's the saga I got hooked on - I guess I'm one of the mutants. Isnt' the first time!
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

Like I said before, I only consider Namek part of the Frieza saga... but either way it was my least favorite of the sagas. HOWEVER, that doesn't really mean I hate it.

I pretty much love all the sagas, even Garlic Jr., but I found the english dub of the Namek saga very boring. I have not seen many episodes of Namek in Japanese.

But. I have seen most of the Android/Cell saga and Buu saga in Japanese and even though the Japanese is about 100,000 times better than the english dub.. I can still watch both. I admit the english dub isn't very good, but it's better than no dub at all.

But you guys are probably more right than ya know on that "no going back" thing you said. I watch english dubbed episodes now and only cirticize Funimation's choices on what they have done.

Ah well.
Hammando
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Hammando »

I think I'll have to vote for the afterlife saga.

I only just watched the Namek Saga this week, I had never seen it before then, sure there are some boring bits, the search for the fake dragonballs gave me the sh#ts but I liked the Zarbon fights and arrival of the Ginyu Squad etc.

Disappointed Garlic Junior Saga was left out!

Hammando :wink: