Do ladies rule...

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

I am...

a lady of course! ^_^
53%
100% man honey! no doubt about it!
45%
right in the middle of changing...
3%

Total votes: 40

Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Geez, I just assumed all you guys were the same as me...an oversized brain in a stainless steel box...typing and bidding away through an elaborate system of pulleys and cranks where I can bid on all that appeals to my one centralized eyeball...

Needless to say, this concept of gender intrigues me...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Guessing what gender someone is from just looking at their cel gallery is not that easy. You have to go by other things and not just their cels. To make a more intelligent guess you'd have to know several anime they collect from and not just two or three. Knowing only two or three is usually not enough and you can very easily be wrong.

Does anyone know any guys that collect from Gravitation or Weiss Kreuz? There can't be very many of them. :D
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I know a guy who collects Weiss Kreuz. But he collects the women. Ouka and Tot are his faves.

--duo
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

What are anime that women generally never collect from or have much interest in collecting from?
Last edited by Keropi on Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I have to search the web for that information. I liek milk.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

You don't see a lot of women that collect mechs
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Govogeta wrote:There's times when
I have a hard time finding out the gender of a member just by
post's alone. Sounds stupid but I often think that if a member has
a female avatar then there female, a male avatar - male member.
Hmm ... all my avatars have been male, with the exception of the Garou (werewolf) I had a long while back.

But ... *double checks* ... yep, I'm female. ;) I just tend to collect male characters. Most of the time, the only way I have female character cels is if they either came in a multiple cel lot or I got them as freebies. :emb
Pudge wrote: I think it is because the men of anime are so hot, and all us women are wondering...."Why can't we find a guy that looks that good?"
:bow Love it! ^_^

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

glorff wrote:You don't see a lot of women that collect mechs
Guess I must be an exception! LOVE those mechs!! :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

glorff wrote:You don't see a lot of women that collect mechs
That's true. :)
S.Wolfie wrote: I just tend to collect male characters. Most of the time, the only way I have female character cels is if they either came in a multiple cel lot or I got them as freebies. :emb
And I'm the complete opposite. I just about only collect female character cels. Only about 8 percent of my cels don't have a female character on them.

Coming up with anime that women don't like collecting from is harder than coming up with anime that men don't like collecting from. There are more women that watch shounen bishoujo anime than there are guys that watch shoujo bishounen anime.

I once knew a guy that loved both, but that was very unusual. :?
In_Gabriel_We_Trust
Drama King

Post by In_Gabriel_We_Trust »

Dragonball1080 wrote:I know why this is, but I am not about to say here on the board because I would probably offend some people.....
I'm certain you would be able to get the message across in a very diplomatic way.
I'm curious... and I am sure I am not the only one (seeing as how there are a lot women here :P :wink: )
Last edited by In_Gabriel_We_Trust on Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/1ginjicool.jpg[/img] [url=http://snapshot_city.tripod.com/celstructure/][img]http://snapshot_city.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/2ginjifun.jpg[/img][/url]

The Doctor : … and then, just to finish off, I’m going to wipe every last stinking Dalek out of the sky !
Dalek : But you have no weapons ! No defenses ! No plan !
The Doctor : Yeah ! And doesn’t that scare you to death ?
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

I think that my gallery speaks volumes....I am definitely a gal. Can't you tell by all of the long-haired pretty boys? Or perhaps the muscly fighters *aka Trunks* Or the fanatical search for just the right cel of a certain beauty with his scar-covered chest exposed???

Although I too enjoy collecting Mechs. My problem is that I am extremely picky about them. I used to gobble up any mech that I could get my paws on. But I'd much rather have a great full shot that really shows the entire mech, than some close-up of its face that may be Deathscythe Hell. *good gods to find a nice Deathscythe Hell*

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Dragonball1080
Senpai - Elder

Post by Dragonball1080 »

I'm certain you would be able to get the message across in a very diplomatic way.
I'm curious... and I am sure I am not the only one (seeing as how there are a lot women here )
I have had disscusions with others on this before and I am not going to post it here, but if you want, then pm me.
Darth_Bulma
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Darth_Bulma »

I think it is because the men of anime are so hot, and all us women are wondering...."Why can't we find a guy that looks that good?"

Oops, sorry Nida. I just saw this post. X|
I was busy lusting over that hot guy in Soda's avatar. :dsmoke
WOW! Nice biceps! 8O :wink:
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

Hmmm... Interesting...
Well Male here... but I have noticed there are a lot of female collectors on this forum...
...just one more