Why do you visit this board?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

I visit this board to

Meet other cel collectors and have fun
16%
Discover cel collecting info, such as how to store etc.
No votes
Keep tabs on the updates to major cel sites
3%
Talk about our favorite anime and characters
No votes
Keep other cel collectors informed with regard to auctions and sellers
No votes
Discuss pertinent social issues
No votes
Discuss IMpertinent (!!) social issues
No votes
All of the above
42%
None of the above
5%
Numbers 1-5 only (with an occasional #6)
34%

Total votes: 38

dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Why do you visit this board?

Post by dbzmomma »

Just curious!
Vicci

Grand Reopening of Momma's Addiction Rubberslug Gallery!
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

I like this forum because the people here are friendly and I don't feel overwhelmed like I do on other older and more visited forums. On those others, I feel like I always have tons of stuff to read and catch up on that I feel lost and insignificant. :oops: Plus, there are more flame wars and I feel like anything I say will start a battle!

I've been with Beta since it started, as well as when some of us were on Alpha, I feel more 'in touch' with everything that's going on-kinda like a close-knit family. :P I feel open to post what I want without the bulls**t. :wink:
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

I think Elfstalker has said it perfectly. Everyone here on this forum is friendly...I can be open with others and for the most part, don't have to worry about flames. I love the people here and would love to get closer to each of them!! Yeah, I'm here for the cels too and I've gotten some good ones because of this forum..but I feel that I can come here if I have any problems or issues, there are plenty of good people here to lend an ear. (am I getting too mushy?) What can I say, I just love the company! 8)

Heh heh, during the post wars, I got behind on reading all the posts, got lost, and neglected a few, but fortunately that's over with :wink:
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

Post by BleedingOrange »

momma... your the whole reason I'm here!

I sometimes wonder if I should have sold my Mystic Gohan cel or not, but then I realize I probably still wouldn't know about this board if I hadn't sold it and you hadn't told me!

Either way, this is a GREAT place to associate with fellow cel collecting nuts like myself. I love this board because everyone here is friendly and helpful. I mean... I probably would have missed out on my wishlist cel if it hadn't been for Might Mask helping me out.

This board also helps keep everyone up-to-date on information about cels on ebay/yj... etc. It's a great place to be because it's small enough to feel like your part of something and not just another pointless post.

I'm still relatively new here but I really like this board. In fact, it's become my home page believe it or not! I think it was the great greeting everyone gave me the first time I posted that hooked me to this place.

I'll be visiting this place for a long time to come. Probably even after I run out of all my money and find myself in financial ruin... no longer able to buy another cel ever again.

:bubbles :bubbles
monkeyboy
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator
Location: Heading for the 90's...Living in the wild wild West...

Post by monkeyboy »

I luv you people...man!! *hick-up* yours is the bestist friends (hugs all)!! lol

':cheers Thats why I come to this bar~um forum!Image

Ok, Image I do enjoy stopping by here and catching up on everything ( twice a day!).

And yes you are the best cyber-friends/people around. As Elfstalker said
people here are friendly and I don't feel overwhelmed like I do on other older and more visited forums.
Thats why I say on my little gallery- "happy to be a member of Anime-Beta forum".

And the chat room ROCKS too! Image
Sith-Krillin
Kaioshin - Diety
Kaioshin - Diety

Post by Sith-Krillin »

I mostly just visit this board because I’m the subject of a secret government experiment to reduce my evil tendencies.
They prop my eyes open and force me to read posts while playing Ludwig Van at loud levels and inject me with toxins to make me nauseous.

BUT THEY WILL NOT BREAK MY WILL TO BUY/COLLECT CELS!!

...they can't take you guys away from me...
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. " - Frank Sinatra
dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by dbzmomma »

OMG, Sith! Do these guys dress in black, wear sunglasses and have square jaws? No sense of humor? Pack serious heat?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Vicci

Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Golden Boy »

i love doing all of the above, but i really just want to know who's holding my future cels. muhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha. :joke

seriously: luv the company, luv the chat, luv the love. :D
Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

I voted for "all of the above" :)

Elfstalker stated my feelings precisely - hats off to the wise words. ;)

Sheri
-- still half asleep :P

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Echo
Senpai - Elder
Location: The tractor ridin', beer totin', shotgun firin' capital of the world..

Post by Echo »

Golden Boy wrote:i love doing all of the above, but i really just want to know who's holding my future cels. muhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha. :joke
Heeheehee...

That's another.. When I posted my reasons for visiting this board I never wrote that one down..but I did think it :twisted:

(got a list of targets)---no not really, but there are some cels from other's collections I'd love to have **cough cough* **GB* cough *hack**e-fsta-ker** cough** db-mo-ma** cough*cough**

..and some others :wink:
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Heh, meyers- you mentioned a good point!! Without Beta, we'd probably never know where those prized wishlist cels went. And since a lot of those cels belong to members of Beta, we know where to oogle and drool. (and make targets! :twisted: )

:wink:
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
Phoenix
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Phoenix »

I started with Alpha, then followed the gang around until Beta became our permanent home.

I haven't bought a cel in months, I don't post nearly as often as most others, but I try to visit and catch up every couple days. I like to see who bought what cels, who wants what cels, who thinks cels for auction are fakes and what is the latest scam that was uncovered.

Most of all I visit for the same reason everyone else has mentioned, the people here are nice, the atmosphere is fun, and the food is good...Oh wait, that's TGIFridays.

Elfstalker said it best, so I say 'ditto' Thanks!
Jenn ^_^
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

I am glad that some of you reach out to others outside of Beta to help.I might have kept bidding on that Mira Trunks walking out of the room of time and space if I hadn't been warned.
Thanks to all in advance. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
dbzmomma
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by dbzmomma »

Glorff, you're welcome and welcome to our little family!! :hello
Vicci

Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Welcome glorff! Yeah, we have a little 'scam patrol' going on to help people against baaaaaaad people and fake cels. :wink:

Cel Gallery