Why do you visit this board?

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.

I visit this board to

Meet other cel collectors and have fun
16%
Discover cel collecting info, such as how to store etc.
No votes
Keep tabs on the updates to major cel sites
3%
Talk about our favorite anime and characters
No votes
Keep other cel collectors informed with regard to auctions and sellers
No votes
Discuss pertinent social issues
No votes
Discuss IMpertinent (!!) social issues
No votes
All of the above
42%
None of the above
5%
Numbers 1-5 only (with an occasional #6)
34%

Total votes: 38

Golden Dragon
Senpai - Elder

Post by Golden Dragon »

Hi guys,
I haven't been as active as usual. I have been working hard and late. :topic (Also catching kittens in our apartment complex so they can learn that not all humans are bad. Then we give them to a vet and they check them out and heal any that are sick and see to it that they receive good homes. I am getting a new kitten; he is soooo cute.)

Anyway, I had to take some time to catch up. I missed you guys. You are all really great. I also followed you guys from Alpha and around the internet till we finally found a home here. (Thanks to some very special people who got this board going and to all the monitors who help it run smoothly. wink: ) This is the first group of people I have come into contact with on a forum (Alpha was my 1st forum) and I will have to say that the experience with all of you is awesome. I wouldn't give you guys up for the world. I also, just want to say "Thank You!!" To everyone for all of your help in finding cels, keeping an eye out for all the theives and bogus people, for making me laugh, and for all the love shown on this board.
I just love you guys!!! :kiss
Kat

Thanks S17 for the great banner!!!!

I will smite you with my Blade of Honor! - Guan Yu
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

This is an interesting old topic. :D

I visit this board to:

1. Meet other cel collectors and have fun

I vote yes to this one. Collecting cels is my number one hobby and it's fun to talk to others about it. The people I used to talk about cels with are no longer in the hobby. :l

2. Discover cel collecting info, such as how to store etc.

To a certain extent. That's not much of the reason why though.

3. Keep tabs on the updates to major cel sites

This helps a lot sometimes. Understanding Mandarake catalog/auction events are especially helpful. :wow:

4. Talk about our favorite anime and characters

I'm here for some of that too, but mainly I go to anime forums for discussing anime. The anime I watch has too specialized an audience. But I enjoy hearing anime discussions within the of context of cels and sketches being around (or might be around if lightning strikes). :)

5. Keep other cel collectors informed with regard to auctions and sellers

I don't really understand that line. But I'm not collecting with anyone else that I keep in touch with regularly so there's no need for me to keep someone else informed.

6. Discuss pertinent social issues

I just about never get involved in social/political/religious discussions (except with my dad who just about always agrees with me anyway).

7. Discuss IMpertinent (!!) social issues

No to that one too. :)
dude_moose
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by dude_moose »

hey this is from before I joined (a couple weeks i think..) 8O

I picked **Numbers 1-5 only (with an occasional #6)
plus all the people here are really awesome and uber-friendly
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Definetely to talk to all the fabulous and awesome ppl that are here on the forum....
it may sound silly to a few but to me beta is like my extended family, both online and off.
With some of my closest friends on here filling the roles
for example..
Startyde would definetely be that pervert neighbor boy tha
comes around and shows off his latest smuggled magazines in
all his pride and glory :flasher: lol! Aww you know my teasing just means "i love ya bro" :suga: *hug*

Shellie, like I said you are my young hip mom! :friends: You take care of me and nurture me like noone else :o :flower Thank you

Nida, your the older sister I never had who always guides me thru my troubles and helps me when I need advice the most. Your always there for me and I appreciate it very much! /ok :hello :friends:

Charley, your one of my best buddies :woot: ! The one I go down to the pond w/ and fish for snails.. which then are cooked and served as escargot w/ a side dish of creme brulee! Mmmmm yummy :drool !! lol!

Majin_Vegeta2028 you'd definetely be one of the cousins I would love to create mischief w/ and torment the other relatives by playing pranks. :psyche: And of course when feeling rather kind, we'd feed chipmunks and toss hotdogs to ungrateful hawks :D :wink:

And Son Goten, i think you'd be the lil bro I never had, we could play videogames and see who kicks whose butt at all those Naruto fighting games while throwing pepperoni slices at your sis and her bf lol :rollin

I know this is long and drawn out but I felt I really needed to get this out in the open, ....
I haven't been on much and dont want any of my good friends on here
to think I've forgetton any of you. I love every friendship I've made on this forum, and althou it is all boxes of text, its really special to me and makes my day.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
(group hug)

:ghug:

:wave:

I'm sorry if I've left out anyone specific but if I wrote down everyone I think is special to me on here I'd be writing for the next 3 hours lol!
But seriously, you all brighten my day and make this hobby
the most enjoyable and ful-filling thing I've stepped into. :vict

OK now that I'm done w/ the sickeningly mushy sweet stuff lol!
..Onto the thread! woooo!

:dban
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

my reason is 1-5 with the occasional #6.
Last edited by kira on Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Makoli
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Makoli »

uh beacuse people actually talk to me? i think thats a plausable reason, im such a *insert fowl word* hermit.
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Wow, I voted on this a couple of years ago. Seems like a lot of the oldtimers have slowed down or vanished :l
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

Tell me about it. I forgot about this post and thought DBZMomma came back. *sigh* :l
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

Elfstalker wrote:I forgot about this post and thought DBZMomma came back. *sigh* :l
I thought so too! 8O

but elas.. :(
rayd
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rayd »

The reason why i came here was to get away from the constant flame wars on animanga forum. :wack
The reason why i stayed is everyone here is super dupper fantastic!
:jump You guys and gals are all the best. :yourock:
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

rayd wrote:The reason why i came here was to get away from the constant flame wars on animanga forum. :
Ahh yes.. I remember those... :x :P
Thats 1 reason why I joined here too and never went back to animanga.

Thats ok..
beta's better :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

OK. Is that so.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
celgami
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by celgami »

I joined 'cause...soda made me do it.
I come back for all of the good people!
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Did you experience peer pressure?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
celgami
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by celgami »

Yup...to the point of pier pressure.