you might be high maintenance if.....

Talk about anything you'd like! Play games, tell jokes, and share your life.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Where is to find out I was a Clark alumni and after a few minutes of chatting said he would call him or her when they were done with it ?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

ashenfairy wrote:
Startyde wrote: The Metal Gear was pure luck. The local EB by my school had it in their window, and I asked for it forever and they kept saying ask the manager. Well, I finally asked the manager and he said sorry, but it's going home with him. As I paid for my game he noticed my school ID and saw that I went to Clark University. Come to find out, he was a Clark alumni and after a few minutes of chatting said he would call me when they were done with it. Two weeks later, bam...Metal Gear goodness baby...
You Lucky SOB. I'm jealous that's awesome. Not that I can complain Jen's a game store manager so we pretty much get anything we want these days. :D

To prove that the dork in me is stronger than the interior decorator, a pic of our game space. We're in the process of remoldeling so this is temporary setup but, it's a good sampling of what our game collection looks like. I'd say there's about 150 or so games not pictured though as those are in the guest room. There's also quite a few figures, posters and other fun stuff missing as all the games are currently sitting in something much like a hallway.

Wha?? How dare you have your DC on the floor, next to an ewwy NES. For shame Steph :(

At least you have Saturn games on top though...so I forgive ya :) *hugs*
LOL, awesome setup though guys...too cool all around (you have to be the only people I know who actually have an Activator). Too kewl. Oh and hey, if Jen comes across a spare poster of Gradius V at her work, hook me up eh? It has quickly earned a place in my heart as the best shooter I have played since Radiant Silvergun and R-Type: Delta...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
ashenfairy
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by ashenfairy »

Startyde wrote: Wha?? How dare you have your DC on the floor, next to an ewwy NES. For shame Steph :(
Hey hey that's not our normal dreamcast that's the european one! (Don't ask why we have a european one in addtion to our other one) Our normal one is out with the other 8 consoles currently in use. Also that isn't a nintendo it's a nintendo shaped box that we keep the instruction booklets for non boxed games in. Besides a nintendo is not ewwy it is awesome. :evil:
Startyde wrote:At least you have Saturn games on top though...so I forgive ya :) *hugs*
About have the games on the shelf down from our US saturn games are our saturn imports (the other half are DC). I just wish I knew more japanese so I could get through some of the more complicated games. *cough * the hentai ones *cough*
Startyde wrote:Oh and hey, if Jen comes across a spare poster of Gradius V at her work, hook me up eh? It has quickly earned a place in my heart as the best shooter I have played since Radiant Silvergun and R-Type: Delta...
You'll have to fight me for anything Gradius related unless they've got 2. I love the gradius series. In fact my favorite non-rpg game of all time is life force (salamander).
Startyde wrote:LOL, awesome setup though guys...too cool all around (you have to be the only people I know who actually have an Activator). Too kewl.

Oh and as for the activator now I thought using the ddr & nes power pads made me feel like a jackass but then, I tried using the activator. .. I'm just happy I bought curtains the neighbors can't see me through.

Oh and to everyone else reading this thread my aplogies for veering it totally off topic. /sry

http://www.avaneshop.com/ Our anime, games and geekery webshop
Chef_Charley
Kamisama - God

Re: you might be high maintenance if.....

Post by Chef_Charley »

soda wrote: if you know what tarragon is and can name two more spices that begin with “T”.

Time for me to chime in with a side note because food is my life, lol. Tarragon is technically classified as an herb. A seasoning taken from the leaves of a plant is listed as a herb. Products that come from the bark, buds, fruit, roots, seeds or stems of a plant are spices.

As for spices that start with a T...tumeric is the only one that comes to my tired mind.

Herbs that start with a T...Tarragon and Thyme come to mind.

This ends Chef Charley's information class for the day, lol. By the way Soda, awesome post as usual,lol. :)
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

i would be the last to post. heh. only yes to two of those. the putting dishes in dishwasher one and the camping one. other then that it was a no to them.
soda
Jiggle Counter

Post by soda »

whoa dude... this post is old! I checked the date and found that there were only 358 members on this board when I posted this and we now have 601 so many of you weren't even around when I originally posted this gem. So instead of starting all over, I thought you newer members should see the original thread and it's replies.

Anyway, I've been searching for two final quircks to add to the list to make it an even 40 questions. That doesn't mean that I still won't add more but the list is getting quite long so I think I may have covered just about everything.

The final two quirks are: You might be high maintenance if.....

39. you have no problem sending your significant other to the grocery store in the morning because you're out of insert breakfast item here and cannot substitute.

40: even when faced with the evidence that you cannot tell the difference between generic and name brand, you NEED to use the name brand.

I'll add them to the first post so that the list is complete.
Mandarake/YJ/YJ DBZ/YJ H/YJ GG HNK

Get some exercise. Ride a cyclist.
Han shot first!
You smell like updog.
Never, never, never do a google image search for goatse!
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

wear more than 3 pairs of pajamas in one week
When I lived in California, silk camisoles or silk nightys (the 2 piece kind). Now in New England, it depends on the weather. Last week, the weather was crazy, so one day I wore boxers, the next day was freakin cold, so I wore PJs, then two days later it was sooo freakin HOT! I wore....er..well, let's skip that part. Image

if you know what tarragon is and can name two more spices that begin with “T”.
yes, I can :P

think you deserve a special dinner and a card on sweetest day.
If where you're from replaces Valentines Day, then yes, but if it doesn't, then no. I just need one lovin' day people. Two lovin' days would be nice, but not neccessary. Image

the 5 second rule for food on the floor is actually 0 seconds.
depends on who's floor it is, trust me! My friend's dog sheds like crazy, if you actually dropped something and tried to pop it in your mouth, you would have a mouthful of dog hair! *yuck!*

cannot take a shower at night and skip the morning shower.
I don't know about this one, if they skip both, wouldn't that make them "low maintenance", for god sake's take the damn shower!

wash clothes more than 3 times a week.
I grew up in a household of 9 people and 1 who constantly wet the bed, so yes, for a long time, I washed 3 times a week or more. No longer now and really, I don't want to again.

go to the grocery store more than 3 times a week.
I did that for 3 months, when I lived at the Sheraton Hotel (work related). I just couldn't keep ordering takeout because before that, I stayed at a bed and breakfast for another 3 months that only served breakfast.

you clean your dishes before you put them into the dishwasher.

What's the point of having a dishwasher? But living in New England, some of my friends still have the old dishwashers...where you have to wipe or it gets clogged.

Depending on the situation, I would score a high 8. But the ones that really apply to me is the pjs and spice question, so that would definitely give me the score of 2.

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Wow. Yeah, never saw this one! 8O

Didn't answer yes to a single one either.
Most of them creeped me out! 8O

I thought it was a ten second rule...?
And we have a cat, so is cathair an herb or a spice? :P
I used to be a neat freak until I married a slob. And I wimped out. He won. It's just not worth getting worked up over. Besides, he lets me buy Ichigo stuff! :D

And just last night my husband asked me why I felt it necessary to hang my two framed cels in the bedroom. I told him because it's dark in there. Duh. :P
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Aswered no to most of them . . . but as far as that vacuum cleaner thing goes, a big resounding yes!! Mainly, that's because I only vacuum in the middle of the day, and no one should be asleep at around 2 in the afternoon. :evil:

As far as eating goes, I eat when I'm hungary--especially when I'm living away from my parents. I don't think my mom would approve of me eating lunch at 3 in the afternoon and dinner at 9 at night. :D But if that's when I'm hungary. :shrug Does that make me high maintanance?

Also, people will grocery shop more than once a week if they're not organized--like my mom. X| Plus, large families (I have two sisters and three brothers) have to wash clothes three times a week--sometimes more, otherwise the laundry room gets really, really smelly.
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

I'm not hight maintenance. I must tell my wife this!
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Do you think she'll believe you? :sweatdrop
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Of course not! :D
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

I was told by my Auntie that that when I was all of 5 she took me and my two cousins shopping. My two other cousins ran off to the toy section - whilst she and I went looking at clothes. She pointed out a beautiful orange dress - and said to me - Isn't that a pretty orange dress.
She told me she never forgot the next bit and it still makes her laugh.

I promptly replied - it's not orange - it's tangerine.

X| - what kind of 5 year old was I :P
...just one more
monkeyboy
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator
Location: Heading for the 90's...Living in the wild wild West...

Post by monkeyboy »

Ok, I know I'm high maintenance. lol

And this puts me over the top; I see the photos of Startyde's room and think he has anime to help cover over the ugly wallpaper in the room! :wack :wink:

Awesome collection BTW Startyde! /no1
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

wear more than 3 pairs of pajamas in one week.

Does wearing them anywhere BUT to bed count? LOL. I can often be found loafing around in big t-shirts and flannel pants.. 8O

do not eat leftovers.

Ahh, I don't entire fall into this category -but the only leftover I really like is cold pizza.. FOR BREAKFAST! :D

need to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at almost exactly the same time each day.

I kinda have to do this to avoid passing out from low blood sugar...

have no problem sending your significant other to the grocery store in the morning because you're out of insert breakfast item here and cannot substitute.

I don't really do this - but I have no problem sending him to the convenience store at night for chocolate!!! :D :D